Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DFS (+15, 12 pts, 10 rbds)
0%
0 0%
KP (+32, 23 pts, 13 rbds, 2 stls, 1 blk)
19.57%
9 19.57%
Luka (+21, 41 pts, 10 asts, 6 rbds, 2 stls)
19.57%
9 19.57%
THJ (+12, 31 pts, 5 asts, 4 rbds, 2 stls)
60.87%
28 60.87%
Maxi (+7, 11 pts)
0%
0 0%
Delon (9 pts, 5 asts, 4 rbds)
0%
0 0%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 16 DIRKIE: Winner THJ (60%) | Runner-up KP (20%) & Luka (20%)
Brick 
Who was the "player of the game" who elevated their game above normal to help the team secure the win?
Like Reply
THJr...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I gave it to KP. He was a monster on defensive side. THJ and Luka were also excellent and could deserve it too.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/11...6267495426
Like Reply
(11-24-2019, 08:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/11...6267495426
That video hurts me while watching.

That being said.

It's Him StartAWay Jr.
Like Reply
I love coming in and voting for Dirkies after games like this!  So many excellent contributions.  My vote goes to THJ because he was very consistent throughout this game.  The Mavs are blowing people out because he has given them a true 3rd option on offense.  His volume and consistency in this game showed that he is playing confidently and his form is on point.  He isn't fading or sliding into shots... he is stepping up and stroking.  No more shot hunting!  Good for him!

With THJ/DFS stepping up and playing so well, might we say that, for now, the Mavs are looking good on the wings?  Could still use some help down low, but KP is holding court down there as well.  Playing better and better as a 2-way player.  

It would be nice if he was getting more out of Powell, but even he is being active and challenging shooters.  Really the only complaint the last few games is our 5 spot.  But really, it has been Powell.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/magicjohnson/status/...35072?s=21

THJ is a very close 2nd but the world is watching 20 year old Luka.
Like Reply
THJ is streaky so I am not saying he going to continue like this but it is real encouraging.
Like Reply
My vote goes to THJ since he didn’t win last game, but KP had a great game!

Could also vote for 4th quarter Luka being the calming presence as things got a bit tight. Dude played with the experience of a 30 year old
Like Reply
Tim Hardaway Senior
Like Reply
I was punching the air and fist bumping like a 15 year old watching this game. Luka is an MVP, if not this year; really soon - and not just once. 

This dude is generational. I have no other way to put it in?

KP, it doesn't get stressed enough. He's are defensive anchor. Amazing job he is doing. His offense seems less forced as well and in turn; this is giving him positive results. I honestly feel like he isn't even 100% yet.

The Defense was good in this game. I saw some great flashes in those 4 quarters including Luka's block on Rivers, several defensive sequences from DoeDoe on Harden, and KP manning the paint.

THJ, this guy is playing great ball right now. Dirkie goes to him. He is not forcing anything and being trigger happy. There were a couple times where he was bringing up the ball instead of Luka and i told myself: "Dammit, don't pull up Tim". To my amazement, this dude picked up his dribble, looked towards Luka, and reset the offense. Good stuff Thj, keep it up.

We whooped that Rocket ass. Made my Sunday, guys.

Statement win on Sunday. Let's get another statement performance on Tuesday.
Like Reply
Hardaway for his efficient offense and terrific (gulp on crow) defense. I’ve been hating on his play before this week. But dude is not just hitting shots. His shot selection is way, way improved. And his size and athleticism on D are proving invaluable. In fact, he is looking like the player we were hoping to trade for. (Bradley Beal could not have been better this past week.)

Anybody else thinking of DeShawn Stevenson, who was supposed to be ballast in the Butler/Haywood trade? Is it possible that Carlisle & Co have fixed Hardaway's game?
Like Reply
We should just exclude Luka from the poll. THJ and Porzingis had great games worthy of the Dirkie, but objectively speaking it was still Luka. Same the other night, when DFS dropped a career-high 22.
Like Reply
Oof. Tough one. It feels absurd to vote against Luka after a 40-10+ performance where we needed his presence in the 4th but I might have to go with THJ. He just might be giving us some (maybe false) hope that we somehow found our 3rd option by having him salary dumped to us in the Porzingis trade. I'll go THJ

It's not exactly unprecedented for THJ to drop 30+ but that was the first time he did it for us. I even liked him back on the Knicks because even though it was clear he was overpayed he did his damnedest to try to earn his contract
Like Reply
Never thought I'd say this but THJ. Yep. Way over performed his expectations and he's on a 2 game streak of shooting well. I give the guy a lot of tough criticism when he plays bad so I shouldn't have any trouble giving him his credit where its due. Excellent game from THJ and more than just scoring well he also grabbed a nice hand full of boards and tossed a few assists.

Hat tip to THJ for playing above expectations tonight in a much needed win. Good show sir, Good sir! Keep it up and make us all fans THJ!
Like Reply
Have to admit I am a little confused. We have a player in the team who is leading the league in eff and tpa atm, not only in mavs team, he is serious MVP contender and due good mavs plays all league admits that. Dirkie was established (I don't know any more how fare ago) with a purpose. But now we are in new era, in new game cycle. Huge changes where made in mavs roster, changes are happening on team goals and on the court results as well. It is unfair not to award Luka from fans side for his games as the best mavs player by far and on the other side is not fair not to award other guys who are also contributing big time to the team plays per game. But in such poll as it is now it is impossible to avoid this dilemma. Maybe some changes could be made on polls philosophy here. Maybe more polls. Or different title for this one. Just few thoughts from me to think about for board managers, mods into consideration.

KP and Tim where huge this game. As whole team was. KP is making small but important steps, but Tim made a big one in last game so my vote goes easy for him.
Luka is out of this poll for me.
Like Reply
(11-24-2019, 08:19 PM)omahen Wrote: I gave it to KP. He was a monster on defensive side. THJ and Luka were also excellent and could deserve it too.

Another KP vote. But man, it's so nice that Luka, KP and THJ are making it really hard to decide lately. 

THJ as a starter has been a true #3. Sure hope it's for real!
Like Reply
(11-25-2019, 05:54 AM)LukTheShadow Wrote: It is unfair not to award Luka from fans side for his games as the best mavs player by far and on the other side is not fair not to award other guys who are also contributing big time to the team plays per game.

Good thoughts! Maybe we need the Dirkie and the Jason (or whatever) to award the best Batman and the best Robin contribution Smile.
Like Reply
(11-25-2019, 05:47 AM)Lucky Luciano Wrote: ...he's on a 2 game streak of shooting well. 

Actually, that's a three game streak. 

GS 6-7 / 4-4
Cleveland 6-8 / 4-5
Houston 10-18 / 5-11
Like Reply
(11-25-2019, 05:54 AM)LukTheShadow Wrote: Have to admit I am a little confused. Dirkie was established (I don't know any more how fare ago) with a purpose.
If you were here for the moment it was established, and read the original reason for the Dirkie, you would not be confused. If you had read the debate on this board about what the Dirkie was supposed to be and about what it will be going forward, you would not be confused. Heck, even the first post of each of these threads has explained how the Dirkie has changed and with that, you should not be confused.

(11-24-2019, 08:10 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Who was the "player of the game" who elevated their game above normal to help the team secure the win?

There should be no confusion. Technically, if we were going by the original definition of the Dirkie, Luka and KP (at the very least Luka) would not be on the poll to vote for at all and we should technically call it the Lukie or Lukstapsie.
Like Reply