Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 10: DAL (6-4) @ ORL (3-9) | 87-94 Loss
You switch Suggs with Luka. We are the 25 win team and they probably win 55 games. Today Luka was human and we looked like sh*t.
Like Reply
If Luka doesn’t play out of his mind, this team has no chance. It’s a sad reality.
[-] The following 2 users Like Smitty's post:
  • Chicagojk, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Luka was trash today.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
This would have been a nice game for Hardy. Doubt he could have done worse than the 2-13 of Bullock/THJ with two assists.

Four Magic players grabbed 7+ rebounds. Nobody on the Mavs. Confused
Like Reply
Bullock contributes nothing on offense if he can't make his shots. At least Kleber might get a dunk or layup. The THJ Experience continues...lots of bad shots and lots of misses
Like Reply
(11-09-2022, 07:50 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: THJ is 1-7.
I'm all for a THJ pile on after all the support he gets around here, but looking at 0-2 isn't helping anyone's case for getting more shots. I'm also not out on Green, I'm just watching the games, Green didn't have it just as much as THJ didn't (0-2 FT too).
Like Reply
(11-09-2022, 07:56 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Four Magic players grabbed 7+ rebounds. Nobody on the Mavs. Confused

Wood have.
So this is what it looks like if they lose him.
Like Reply
(11-09-2022, 07:58 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Wood have.
So this is what it looks like if they lose him.
Put THAT in a question for JKidd!
Like Reply
Meanwhile Markkanen is outscoring the Hawks by himself.  Cry
Like Reply
(11-09-2022, 08:00 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Meanwhile Markkanen is outscoring the Hawks by himself.  Cry

Your Lauri fetish is weird.
Like Reply
Kidd is probably happy...no Wood = more minutes for his guy McGee
Like Reply
(11-09-2022, 08:00 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Meanwhile Markkanen is outscoring the Hawks by himself.  Cry

At least the Mavs prioritized THJ and Bullock.  Big Grin
Lauri can't defend, blah-blah.

THJ and now RB can't defend either.

(11-09-2022, 08:02 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Kidd is probably happy...no Wood = more minutes for his guy McGee

Happiest dude in there is THJ.
Can't even afford to pass to Green on a break.

Green would have dunked that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(11-09-2022, 08:02 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Kidd is probably happy...no Wood = more minutes for his guy McGee

Our big FA signing was +4. It’ll give all the +/- people a reason to keep playing him…
Like Reply
You're not going to beat many teams with two players in double figures...
Like Reply
what an awfully limited team.  Just awful tonight.   Only one loss though.

Although let me speak in the moment, instead of the more measured thoughts.   How awful is our new front office free agent signings that they would literary give away Hardaway and McGee if they could.    I keep hoping Hardaway gets into a groove and I am sure he will for stretches, but he just doesn't really fit right now.

Bullock isn't even looking to score.   I mentioned this offseason while he was really good last year and will bounce back in time, he should not be viewed as a core starter.   Mavs just don't have any options.  IMO he would be best if we could acquire a real good forward and bring Bullock off the bench.  Finding that player is the problem though.  

Teams are going to force our guys to beat teams off the dribble.  Smart strategy.   They are so limited.

This team needs to work way to hard.   I wonder if it comes crashing down as the season goes on.    Probably not, but they way they are winning games is probably not a great long term strategy.
Like Reply
Good news is -- Luka doesn't have the streak anymore.
So no more 2-11 3s? yeah nah?
Like Reply
(11-09-2022, 08:04 PM)Smitty Wrote: Our big FA signing was +4. It’ll give all the +/- people a reason to keep playing him…
McGee is the best player on the team!
Like Reply
(11-09-2022, 08:05 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I keep hoping Hardaway gets into a groove and I am sure he will for stretches, but he just doesn't really fit right now.

It's okay for the fans to hope.
But for the coaching staff to rely on THJ getting hot is 1d!otic strategy.
Yes shooters shoot, but this is THJ. He can bury the team in a game and in the standings while having a great game 2 games out of 10.

Time to get Green off the corners and put THJ in there.
It would lessen the THJ brick fest.
Like Reply
It’s a weird bit to bash Luka after a bad game when the talent level of this team is arguably the worst in the league outside of Luka. Yes, he was pressing tonight and didn’t play well. No one plays well for 82 games. The takeaway should be that the Mavs have a lot of work to do to upgrade the talent on this team. 

If Ja misses time, the Grizz are fine. If Curry is out for two-three weeks the Warriors can survive. This team is Luka and Luka only.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(11-09-2022, 08:11 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: It's okay for the fans to hope.
But for the coaching staff to rely on THJ getting hot is 1d!otic strategy.
Yes shooters shoot, but this is THJ. He can bury the team in a game and in the standings while having a great game 2 games out of 10.

Time to get Green off the corners and put THJ in there.
It would lessen the THJ brick fest.

This was the game where we needed Hardaway (or anyone else besides Din) to cook.   When he doesn't it is ugly.   He is not good on rotations on defense and it is tough to watch when he is missing his shots.  Dallas needs at least two guys who can allow Luka to chill for stretches.   Maybe Wood is one, but our options are really limited with everyone else.

(11-09-2022, 08:12 PM)Smitty Wrote: It’s a weird bit to bash Luka after a bad game when the talent level of this team is arguably the worst in the league outside of Luka. Yes, he was pressing tonight and didn’t play well. No one plays well for 82 games. The takeaway should be that the Mavs have a lot of work to do to upgrade the talent on this team. 

If Ja misses time, the Grizz are fine. If Curry is out for two-three weeks the Warriors can survive. This team is Luka and Luka only.

The sad part is we have been saying this for 3 years.   Is it possible they have maybe reduced their talent over that time?
Like Reply