Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
JG (+11, 16 pts, 2 ast, 5 rbd, 5-5 FGs, 2-2 3Ps, 4-4 FTs)
96.43%
27 96.43%
I am a Josh Green hater who knows nothing about basketball.
3.57%
1 3.57%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 9 DIRKIE: Winner JG (96%)
(11-08-2022, 02:37 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Also wtf was that performance by the refs? Easily one of the worst reffed games of recent memory.

I felt the same way. There were so many calls and non-calls that were unbelievably ridiculous. No consistency, and whistles getting swallowed over and over on some really obvious muggings. Games will have missed calls here and there, but this performance was just embarrassing.
[-] The following 2 users Like F Gump's post:
  • IamDougieFresh, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Josh Green is really developing well, glad to see him getting more minutes. Shooting is and going to be the key to his entire career, I hope he can keep up with this level of shooting. He is not in possession of the natural offensive skills to score in multitude of ways, you cant just give him the ball covered and expect that is going to result in a basket - unlike SD, Wood, and to some extent THJ. Both DFS,Green and Maxi absolutely depend on that shooting ability in this offense. Its nice to see him developing in this particular area. His open field dunks are definitely enjoyable to watch and provide energy and momentum to the entire team and the crowd. The most important skill of Josh Green is his ability to get rebounds out of nowhere and husttle plays, again this provides important energy and makes rest of the players improve the intensity when they see someone fight as much in each situation. Where we hope to see more development is on the defensive side and contesting better the opponents, his defensive positioning is expected area where he could develop a lot. If he maintains good shooting and keeps providing energy to the team, he will be a part of rotation. If he does that and develops a good defensive positioning in addition to that, he may become a starter for this team in the future. Thats the only area where Bullock provides a huge advantage over him at this point of time. But this is something one can develop.
Like Reply
(11-08-2022, 03:47 AM)F Gump Wrote: I felt the same way. There were so many calls and non-calls that were unbelievably ridiculous. No consistency, and whistles getting swallowed over and over on some really obvious muggings. Games will have missed calls here and there, but this performance was just embarrassing.

Must be very puzzling for those who believe in coincidences. For those who don’t, the BAMF’r story explains a lot.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(11-08-2022, 06:57 AM)burekemde Wrote: Josh Green is really developing well, glad to see him getting more minutes. Shooting is and going to be the key to his entire career, I hope he can keep up with this level of shooting. He is not in possession of the natural offensive skills to score in multitude of ways, you cant just give him the ball covered and expect that is going to result in a basket - unlike SD, Wood, and to some extent THJ. Both DFS,Green and Maxi absolutely depend on that shooting ability in this offense. Its nice to see him developing in this particular area. His open field dunks are definitely enjoyable to watch and provide energy and momentum to the entire team and the crowd. The most important skill of Josh Green is his ability to get rebounds out of nowhere and husttle plays, again this provides important energy and makes rest of the players improve the intensity when they see someone fight as much in each situation. Where we hope to see more development is on the defensive side and contesting better the opponents, his defensive positioning is expected area where he could develop a lot. If he maintains good shooting and keeps providing energy to the team, he will be a part of rotation. If he does that and develops a good defensive positioning in addition to that, he may become a starter for this team in the future. Thats the only area where Bullock provides a huge advantage over him at this point of time. But this is something one can develop.

Interesting, I feel like Green is already a better defender than Bullock, especially this season.  I'm not saying he can't get better, but I think its already good enough to get rotation minutes if he can take and hit wide open threes at NBA average percentage.
Like Reply
(11-08-2022, 01:00 PM)mvossman Wrote: Interesting, I feel like Green is already a better defender than Bullock, especially this season.  I'm not saying he can't get better, but I think its already good enough to get rotation minutes if he can take and hit wide open threes at NBA average percentage.

Green is a lot behind in terms of staying in front of his opponnent and maintaining leverage, Bullock is just far better at that aspect, and this is essential to be a great defender. Green does provide energy and steals etc., but has a lot to learn in terms of positioning. He is athletic enough to learn this part, but some of this is rather footwork and intuition based, Green could use more weight and become stronger, he does get bullied at times and this is noticable. All in all, i think he will get a lot better at this if given more playing time.
Like Reply
(11-08-2022, 02:57 PM)burekemde Wrote: Green is a lot behind in terms of staying in front of his opponnent and maintaining leverage, Bullock is just far better at that aspect, and this is essential to be a great defender. Green does provide energy and steals etc., but has a lot to learn in terms of positioning. He is athletic enough to learn this part, but some of this is rather footwork and intuition based, Green could use more weight and become stronger, he does get bullied at times and this is noticable. All in all, i think he will get a lot better at this if given more playing time.

Compared to last seasons version of Bullock. Maybe. But this season Bullock isn´t staying in front of anyone (so freaking bad that I would take Luka and THJ over him on defense). Might be his usual early season struggles but Bullock and DFS not defending like last season is a big concern. One of the main reasons why the starting five is underperforming right now.
Like Reply
(11-08-2022, 02:57 PM)burekemde Wrote: Green is a lot behind in terms of staying in front of his opponnent and maintaining leverage, Bullock is just far better at that aspect, and this is essential to be a great defender. Green does provide energy and steals etc., but has a lot to learn in terms of positioning. He is athletic enough to learn this part, but some of this is rather footwork and intuition based, Green could use more weight and become stronger, he does get bullied at times and this is noticable. All in all, i think he will get a lot better at this if given more playing time.

Man...I dont agree witht he bully take what so ever.  Are we seeing the same game?

Even Lock On Mavs guys were talking about he is like an NFL running back out there.  Green is noticeably more muscular than most NBA players.   Hes not just all muscle mass...but he has a strong build...stronger than most NBA players.   I see Green as the bully not the other way around...not even close to be honest.   Hes so explosive because hes got muscles for days.

Hes not Lebron ripped or Lou Dort ripped...but he aint getting bullied easily.   That take is larceny.   He absolutely would have taken Durant to the wood shed if they went to blows.
Like Reply
[Image: LHQS5WSNH5FG7CRIGBB3CBUB4A.jpg]
Like Reply