Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
JG (+11, 16 pts, 2 ast, 5 rbd, 5-5 FGs, 2-2 3Ps, 4-4 FTs)
96.43%
27 96.43%
I am a Josh Green hater who knows nothing about basketball.
3.57%
1 3.57%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 9 DIRKIE: Winner JG (96%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his play to help the team win?
Like Reply
Josh...
Though THJ was head to head when his legs gave way!
[-] The following 1 user Likes SkenfromLMF's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Joshua Green is the correct answer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
Pinson and Josh for getting in KD's head.
Like Reply
LOL. Accurate poll. 

Green deserves as many minutes as he can handle. Want 3&D with an infectious amount of energy? He's your man.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tyler's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
Who would win in a best of 7 series, the ‘96 Bulls or a team of 5 Josh Greens?
Like Reply
(11-08-2022, 12:14 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Who would win in a best of 7 series, the ‘96 Bulls or a team of 5 Josh Greens?
Is Ditka coaching the Bulls?

Da Bulls!
[-] The following 4 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • cow, MFFL, RoyTarpleysGhost, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
In the offseason I remember arguing with people who wanted to use Josh Green as a throw in trade piece. It's only one game but I'm still going to take a victory lap in this thread. Jaden Hardy's the only guy we have younger
Like Reply
Haaa...good choice of selections.  Luka got his points.  I'm happy.

If you look at the game box score I'd say the Mavs are fortunate to have won this game.  Look at the individual offensive scores and you might wonder: what happened to the offensive players?  Defense was a tad better--might be what won the game...or it could have been freethrows.  Who knows?  We won the game.  That's all I care about.  The rest can be teaching moments.

DFS finally broke out with a better offensive game.  THJ was shooting better--until he did the splits.  I can remember how that feels.  Hope it's not serious.

I like CW.  I really do.  I think he has some serious possibilities.  But, after watching the game(s), and perusing the box score, I wonder if he is having trouble learning the offensive and defensive schemes and plays.  If so...I think (hope) he gets there.

Josh Green continues to play well...and he gets my Dirkie.  This was a hard choice--considering the loooong list.......
Like Reply
In this F-U-Mavs game, in which the refs did their damndest to get the Brooklyn Gnats a W, the Dirkie finishers are:

#3 pre-splits THJ with 11 points on 8 shots
#2 uber-efficient Luka with 38 on 22
#1 green-light Josh with 16 on 5
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Maxi was +18
Like Reply
(11-08-2022, 12:35 AM)ballsrchr Wrote: I like CW.  I really do.  I think he has some serious possibilities.  But, after watching the game(s), and perusing the box score, I wonder if he is having trouble learning the offensive and defensive schemes and plays.  If so...I think (hope) he gets there.

The offense in the first three games with CW in was flowing and looked great and he was getting lots of natural opportunities. Since then the team has not been helping CW get looks. From my seat it is a coaching failure. 

MacMahon reported that he thinks Kidd is trying to "break" CW and doesn't want CW to think he is a "star." One way to do that is to make sure his offensive touches are limited and that he isn't getting many scoring opportunities. Not saying that is 100% what is happening, but I do know for a fact that the team is not getting CW into good offensive positions like they did in the first three games (pick and rolls with Luka have almost all gone away for instance).
Like Reply
(11-08-2022, 12:49 AM)Kammrath Wrote: The offense in the first three games with CW in was flowing and looked great and he was getting lots of natural opportunities. Since then the team has not been helping CW get looks. From my seat it is a coaching failure. 

MacMahon reported that he thinks Kidd is trying to "break" CW and doesn't want CW to think he is a "star." One way to do that is to make sure his offensive touches are limited and that he isn't getting many scoring opportunities. Not saying that is 100% what is happening, but I do know for a fact that the team is not getting CW into good offensive positions like they did in the first three games (pick and rolls with Luka have almost all gone away for instance).

In game 4 our 5 he was getting bullied by defenders on positioning.  Some of CW's bad play is on him.
Like Reply
Tough

Josh Green made me a fan but this tea is trash without Luka.
Like Reply
(11-08-2022, 12:35 AM)ballsrchr Wrote: I like CW.  I really do.  I think he has some serious possibilities.  But, after watching the game(s), and perusing the box score, I wonder if he is having trouble learning the offensive and defensive schemes and plays.  If so...I think (hope) he gets there.

There hasn't been a lot of plays called for Wood.
Last time there were plays made for Wood, he produced.

In this game, Wood had to get his by himself, and that's kind of hard to do if you're going to dribble past Simmons.
The refs too aren't helping Wood's cause.
There has been at least 2 Wood drives that would have normally resulted in And-1s, but the refs didn't call those.

So far the worse Wood outing, but fans are so used to having Wood shoot efficiently that games like this stick out.

I still say, Kidd isn't using Wood the optimal way.
A coach needs to put a premium on winning.
This to me doesn't look like good coaching.
[-] The following 2 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • ballsrchr, IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(11-08-2022, 12:58 AM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Tough

Josh Green made me a fan but this tea is trash without Luka.

We could give it to Luka every night, no doubt.

I think it’s nice to have a reason to throw Green a bone tonight.
Like Reply
(11-08-2022, 12:58 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: There hasn't been a lot of plays called for Wood.
Last time there were plays made for Wood, he produced.

In this game, Wood had to get his by himself, and that's kind of hard to do if you're going to dribble past Simmons.
The refs too aren't helping Wood's cause.
There has been at least 2 Wood drives that would have normally resulted in And-1s, but the refs didn't call those.

So far the worse Wood outing, but fans are so used to having Wood shoot efficiently that games like this stick out.

I still say, Kidd isn't using Wood the optimal way.
A coach needs to put a premium on winning.
This to me doesn't look like good coaching.

Watching it I'm not sure if it's Kidd or Dinwiddie. Sometimes it feels like Dinwiddie is freezing Wood out... but I'm not sure if that's on Kidd's orders or not. Dinwiddie was awful in this game by the way, ignored some easy passes, and not just to Wood
Like Reply
Josh is having a ridiculous season so far.  TS% of 85%!  He deserves some recognition.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • The Jom, Tyler
Like Reply
WHAT A GAME BY GREEN!!!!

Also wtf was that performance by the refs? Easily one of the worst reffed games of recent memory.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • ballsrchr, F Gump
Like Reply
I do want to open the floor for the Trade-For-Simmons crowd:

What did you think of his game and why was Simmons basically invisible for the entire time he was on the court?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply