Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 7: UTA (6-3) @ DAL (4-3) | 103-100 win
THJ is chucking. Luka is gambling on defense. Giving up wide open 3s. All the worst tendencies combined in one quarter.
Like Reply
I have no issues with Luka choosing to play slowly. His pace is part of what makes him great. BUT, I wish he’d learn to push the ball to someone else via the pass sometimes, when the situation calls for it (5 on 4), rather than walking the ball up.
Like Reply
(11-02-2022, 07:57 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Luka looks pretty disinterested out there tonight, imo.

Big time.
Like Reply
(11-02-2022, 08:06 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Big time.

And it's only game seven.  This team might be headed towards a shakeup sooner rather than later.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
This is probably an overreaction, but this team feels like it is at a crossroads and things could implode and Kidd could "lose" this team in the next 30 games if he is not careful.
Like Reply
(11-02-2022, 08:07 PM)cow Wrote: This team might be headed towards a shakeup sooner rather than later.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Like Reply
(11-02-2022, 08:08 PM)Kammrath Wrote: This is probably an overreaction, but this team feels like it is at a crossroads and things could implode and Kidd could "lose" this team in the next 30 games if he is not careful.

I hope it’s a hangover from the success last year. It looks UGLY. 

Even DFS hasn’t stood out as a high energy guy this year.
Like Reply
(11-02-2022, 08:10 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I hope it’s a hangover from the success last year. It looks UGLY. 

One thing to consider is that with Wood's skillset and THJ back, there are less shots to go around.  It's still early but I think Bullock is down an attempt a game and Dorian is down 2.
Like Reply
Powell getting McGee’s second stretch of minutes again tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(11-02-2022, 08:10 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I hope it’s a hangover from the success last year. It looks UGLY. 

Wouldn´t call it hangover. Entitlement or arrogance. Like they have earned the right to coast.  Cannot remember a Mavs team that played with less energy. I guess the DAJ, Barnes, Matthews trio was close.
Like Reply
Great pass from THJ
Like Reply
Clarkson showing the world that he's better than THJ
Like Reply
energy much better when Powell is in there instead of McGee and Wood.

I know Wood has been a hot button topic, but he has not been good tonight.

Hardaway needs to shoot at a much better percentage if he is going to play that way.  Him being a 32 vs 39 percent three point shooter is huge.

Also, the looks that Jalen vs Din gets is pretty substantial.  A lot of easy baskets last year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
^ Powell and Green are the only ones that look like they’re playing hard. 

5 second violation out of time out with the starters back in. Pathetic.
Like Reply
A 5-second call out of a timeout???
Like Reply
pretty interesting that you can try to set up a tank but find a whole team of guys who can create their own shot.   While Dallas can never find them.  Interesting.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft, Mavs2021
Like Reply
(11-02-2022, 08:17 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Hardaway needs to shoot at a much better percentage if he is going to play that way.  Him being a 32 vs 39 percent three point shooter is huge.

Way too much self created stuff from him. Hate it. I get that they need to replace Brunson´s ballhandling but THJ is not that kind of player. Always worked best when he played next to Luka. As a catch and shoot option from the right corner. Not the top of the key! And certainly not taking pull ups.
Like Reply
(11-02-2022, 08:21 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: pretty interesting that you can try to set up a tank but find a whole team of guys who can create their own shot.   While Dallas can never find them.  Interesting.

Great point.

(11-02-2022, 08:22 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Way too much self created stuff from him. Hate it. I get that they need to replace Brunson´s ballhandling but THJ is not that kind of player. Always worked best when he played next to Luka. As a catch and shoot option from the right corner. Not the top of the key! And certainly not taking pull ups.

Agreed. Hardaway is a guy who needs to be part of an actual offense. He’s not suited for this “run an action and then see what happens” thing Dallas has going under Kidd.
Like Reply
(11-02-2022, 08:21 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: pretty interesting that you can try to set up a tank but find a whole team of guys who can create their own shot.   While Dallas can never find them.  Interesting.

Would need to sign players under 30. Or (scary thought) even under 25. But that would be too big of a risk. They could have upside and demand a bigger contract in the future.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Mavs2021, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
I hope Dwight Powell takes the minimum and is a Mav for life.
Like Reply