Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 7: UTA (6-3) @ DAL (4-3) | 103-100 win
Heart 
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1587849604489428992
Like Reply
big game against one of the best teams in the West tonight.  We gotta hope for some home team refs to give us a shot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-02-2022, 12:50 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: big game against one of the best teams in the West tonight.  We gotta hope for some home team refs to give us a shot.

I think Utah chooses tonight to turn into the pumpkin they'll be for the rest of the season. 

Mavs win, 179-13.
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • embellisher, Ghost of Podkolzin, ItsGoTime, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(11-02-2022, 12:50 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: big game against one of the best teams in the West tonight.  We gotta hope for some home team refs to give us a shot.

Would you, or anyone you know, call it a "must-win game"?
Like Reply
If I were a gambler, I'd bet big on Utah.
Like Reply
It's bad....I am almost rooting for the Mavs to lose if Kidd continues to bury Wood and his role.
Like Reply
(11-02-2022, 01:58 PM)Kammrath Wrote: It's bad....I am almost rooting for the Mavs to lose if Kidd continues to bury Wood and his role.

Deja vu:  Kidd's disdain for Wood is reminiscent of Avery Johnson's egotistical benching of Kidd and "send in a play" at the end of the game in 2008, only to lose to the Spurs, 97-94.  In anger I instantly started a thread on the Lone Mavs Forum titled "God Damn Avery Johnson!" that I thought would be removed, but wasn't.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WildArkieBoy's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(11-02-2022, 01:58 PM)Kammrath Wrote: It's bad....I am almost rooting for the Mavs to lose if Kidd continues to bury Wood and his role.

So you're saying you'd rather be right than see your team win?
Like Reply
(11-02-2022, 03:32 PM)WildArkieBoy Wrote: Deja vu:  Kidd's disdain for Wood is reminiscent of Avery Johnson's egotistical benching of Kidd and "send in a play" at the end of the game in 2008, only to lose to the Spurs, 97-94.  In anger I instantly started a thread on the Lone Mavs Forum titled "God Damn Avery Johnson!" that I thought would be removed, but wasn't.

Was thinking the same thing.  It's cyclical.  Victims become abusers, lol
Like Reply
(11-02-2022, 04:17 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: So you're saying you'd rather be right than see your team win?

No.

I would rather my team lose in the short term rather than choose a long term disastrous path.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(11-02-2022, 01:09 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think Utah chooses tonight to turn into the pumpkin they'll be for the rest of the season. 

Mavs win, 179-13.
You forgot to mention, Ditka is driving the bus tonight, Bob!
Like Reply
Mavs team defense will decide the game as always imo.

Last season the Mavs were 6th in defense in the non Green minutes. and 1st in defense with Green (DefRtg roughly +2 better than the no 1 Celtics defense).
Right now, they are 12 pts better on D with Green than the Bucks, and 28th in defense without Green.
Tho its basically 6th in defense last season vs. 28th in defense this season.

Its still crazy to me how defense is perceived compared to offense in the NBA media world. DFS or Bullock can have a "bad defensive" game, but they will get criticized for a few missed 3's. Tim has 5-15 FG and gets a lot of praise. For the same FG line Westbrook has gotten slandered before in social media Big Grin
Like Reply
There is supposed new focus by the league to call palming.   So, do we see over one palming call on Luka tonight?
Like Reply
We broke the Jazz this summer and that was fun. Though many faces are different, breaking them again would be fun after their hot start. Must win game.
[-] The following 2 users Like DrMav's post:
  • ItsGoTime, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Kidd losing patience with McShaqtin
Like Reply
Utah simply playing harder. Closing out to shooters. Crashing the board. THJ comes in the game and immediately gives up two wide open 3s.
Like Reply
Luka looks pretty disinterested out there tonight, imo.
Like Reply
Low energy start for Dallas.   Utah is running and the ball is moving.  On the other side of the court, Dallas has no one besides Luka who is a serious threat to the defense.
Like Reply
Maxi and Bullock on the same spot of the three point line.  Something just feels off about this team this year.
Like Reply
Mavs have two plus defenders this season. Maxi and Josh. That´s it. Luka is just going through the motions. As usual. Wood cannot anchor the defense as the sole big. DFS and Bullock are worse than THJ. And THJ isn´t any better than last year.
Like Reply