Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 5: OKC (3-3) @ DAL (2-3) | 111-117 OT loss
Players Only Meeting coming up
Like Reply
(10-29-2022, 10:45 PM)Jym Wrote: I'd say blow it up, but we already  let our 2nd best player walk
Won't be long now. Luka will demand a trade to a real franchise before the season is over.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/i/status/1190134471166550016
Like Reply
Kidd really trying to force-feed this lineup down our throats. Luka at 40 minutes, Bullock/DFS close to 40 too. And I bet Kidd leans on them heavily tomorrow night too. This might be worse than anything RC did in his last few years
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(10-29-2022, 10:46 PM)cow Wrote: Kidd.

I thought his coaching job last year was GREAT. But I have hated almost everything he has done this year. HATED.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
probably one of the worst 30 pt triple doubles of Luka's career - he was not good tonight, team worst -25

and what to make of our "defensive stoppers" DFS and Bullock??? terrible
Like Reply
(10-29-2022, 10:47 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Kidd really trying to force-feed this lineup down our throats.

HATE this lineup so much.
Like Reply
Feels like the Mavs are acting like Atlanta did last year, thinking they're entitled to greatness because they made the conference finals.

Of course the difference is Atlanta didn't also lose their second-best player to save Mark Cuban some Taco Bell money.
[-] The following 2 users Like Branduil's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(10-29-2022, 10:48 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: probably one of the worst 30 pt triple doubles of Luka's career - he was not good tonight, team worst -25

Not making excuses for Luka but with how the refs let the Thunder play him and the amount of young legs they can throw at him, you can force him into being fatigued and of course overtime doesn't help.  If these teams had any sort of animosity towards one another, fights would have broken out with how physical it was.  The cherry on top is our dipshit coach taking out a unit that was rolling in the fourth because...check notes...reasons?
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • ballsrchr, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
awful loss.  This is not a good team right now.  And what is scary, I don't see a lot of clear solutions.   Luka needs to do everything.  He was awful tonight.   This really looks like a playin team right now..hopefully.

Way to many minutes for DFS and Bullock.   DFS should get 28 regularly and Bullock should get the rest (20) with a few carry over.    They may have worked great with our three headed creators last year but just not enough there when we just have two imo.

Even worse is OKC bullied Dallas late and Dallas wanted nothing to do with it.
Like Reply
I guarantee the reason the 4th quarter sub was to get Luka his triple double. If he has 10+ or 6 or less assists, I bet he doesn’t come in.
Like Reply
The worst part of all of this is Dwight Powell was robbed of what could have been his last Dirkie ever.
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • BoredAssistant, KillerLeft, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(10-29-2022, 10:53 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I don't see a lot of clear solutions. 
 Better coaching will definitely go a long way
[-] The following 2 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • Kammrath, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
Sometimes, in some games, you have to read the room on whats working and whats generating energy for your team.
Like Reply
And Christian Wood thought he was finally joining a good team....
Like Reply
Yeah gotta cut Luka some slack, when you're a heavy favorite, the refs generally let the underdogs get away with murder and he was getting smashed the entire night. Note how in OT they finally make a super ticky tack call on his 3 just cause they were down 8.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jakeospikez's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(10-29-2022, 10:53 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: awful loss.  This is not a good team right now.  And what is scary, I don't see a lot of clear solutions.   Luka needs to do everything.  He was awful tonight.   This really looks like a playin team right now..hopefully.

Way to many minutes for DFS and Bullock.   DFS should get 28 regularly and Bullock should get the rest (20) with a few carry over.    They may have worked great with our three headed creators last year but just not enough there when we just have two imo.

Even worse is OKC bullied Dallas late and Dallas wanted nothing to do with it.

The solution was to pay Brunson WHATEVER IT TAKES

This is just the 5 stages of grief now. Luka will leave and finally end this sorry franchise, I'll enjoy cheering for his new team and watch him win multiple titles the second he gets away from the massive clown who owns this team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branduil's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(10-29-2022, 10:52 PM)cow Wrote: Not making excuses for Luka but with how the refs let the Thunder play him and the amount of young legs they can throw at him, you can force him into being fatigued and of course overtime doesn't help.  If these teams had any sort of animosity towards one another, fights would have broken out with how physical it was.  The cherry on top is our dipshit coach taking out a unit that was rolling in the fourth because...check notes...reasons?

Mavs could have matched the Thunders physicality and energy. Instead they rolled over. On the Mavs Josh Green stands out for one reason. He plays with a lot of energy. Always hustling. Always going all out. Thunder have five guys that are doing the same all time time. Mavs starters on the other hand are coasting.

And we have to talk about the perimeter defense of the starters. They are slow. Too slow for the modern NBA. Starting five needs a guy that can defend quick guards.
Like Reply
This is just the way it’s going to go this year unless the Mavs make a move to get someone else who can play off the dribble and control the game. They’re just a ragged team.  And DFS has been terrible this season. The Mavs paid the wrong guys. This is not going to be a fun season. OKC is not really a very good team. They’ll probably be in the lottery.
Like Reply
After a 1st round loss in the 2024 season, Kidd will be fired. And then Cuban will "consult" Dirk, Finley, anyone with previous ties to the Mavs and they will decide that Steve Nash is the right coach to lead this team
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply