Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 4: DAL (2-2) @ BRK (1-4) | 129-125 win
Solid half. Mavs gave up a big run when SD, THJ and Wood shared the floor. McGee with his best game so far. Luka sloppy but even at his "worst" he is by far the best player on the team.
Like Reply
(10-27-2022, 07:41 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Completly different team when Maxi, DFS and Bullock hit open 3s.

Yes, space is important, and when those guys aren't a threat it's too easy to mess with Luka's chi. 

I know you know this, dirkfan. Just agreeing with you.

(10-27-2022, 07:43 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Luka sloppy but even at his "worst" he is by far the best player on the team.

...on the floor, imo, which is really saying something tonight, especially since he is playing sloppily.
Like Reply
(10-27-2022, 07:43 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Solid half. Mavs gave up a big run when SD, THJ and Wood shared the floor. McGee with his best game so far. Luka sloppy but even at his "worst" he is by far the best player on the team.
This is because THJ and SD didn't give Wood any looks. He should be top priority when he comes off the bench.
Like Reply
(10-27-2022, 07:45 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: This is because THJ and SD didn't give Wood any looks. He should be top priority when he comes off the bench.

That´s one aspect. But I think defense is the bigger problem. Just couldn´t get a stop.
Like Reply
I don't usually post tweets from random people, but this is one I happen to really agree with:

https://twitter.com/TravisRW/status/1585780884497911808?s=20&t=rTXIMARqx8-wWFeXc-dRmg

So far this season, DFS's man is sticking with him much more often than the beginning of past seasons. Between that and the Wood/THJ experience, he's not going to get a ton of shot opportunities this year relative to past years, I don't think.
Like Reply
Best random stat of the first half:

Luka with THREE three-point attempts. On pace for 6 and not 11 for the game....yay!
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • BigDirk41, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(10-27-2022, 07:54 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Best random stat of the first half:

Luka with THREE three-point attempts. On pace for 6 and not 11 for the game....yay!

Because they're getting him switched onto Patty Mills, not Nic Claxton. If Nash is any kind of coach this will be corrected at half time. He's just too big for Mills or Irving in the half court.
Like Reply
(10-27-2022, 07:50 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don't usually post tweets from random people, but this is one I happen to really agree with:

https://twitter.com/TravisRW/status/1585780884497911808?s=20&t=rTXIMARqx8-wWFeXc-dRmg

So far this season, DFS's man is sticking with him much more often than the beginning of past seasons. Between that and the Wood/THJ experience, he's not going to get a ton of shot opportunities this year relative to past years, I don't think.

I think this is more about the way teams are playing Luka. So far they haven´t doubled or trapped him as much as last season. Aren´t willing to give up open 3s and let him go 1vs1 with late help when he drives to the rim.
The cross court pass that lead to most of DFS´s open corner 3s hasn´t been there this season.
Like Reply
Jesus, Javale
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
Holy crap, I'm sitting in my office and yelled out "What the" at that McGee blunder.
Like Reply
(10-27-2022, 07:58 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Jesus, Javale

Worst part is that it looked like a designed play call to start the quarter. Curl screen for McGee. What are they doing?
Like Reply
Irving with the quick pull up three, right after a 1-5 screen, because he knows McGee's slow ass won't be ready.

Early substitution! Good decision JKidd!!!!!!!!

Immediately better at BOTH ends.
Like Reply
These Maxi as the only big lineups have been atrocious defensively.
Like Reply
Everyone's back and they still can't even stop the ball in transition.
Like Reply
Kidd forgot about Wood?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(10-27-2022, 08:07 PM)Kammrath Wrote: These Maxi as the only big lineups have been atrocious defensively.

That last possession was rough, I'll grant you that. 

Overall, I do not agree, especially relative to the McGee minutes.
Like Reply
(10-27-2022, 08:07 PM)Kammrath Wrote: These Maxi as the only big lineups have been atrocious defensively.

In a game were those lineups have by far the best +/-???
Like Reply
(10-27-2022, 08:09 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: In a game were those lineups have by far the best +/-???

Just using my eyes over the course of 3.5 games.
Like Reply
(10-27-2022, 08:09 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: In a game were those lineups have by far the best +/-???

Yeah, I immediately liked the defensive intensity and activity 100x more. 

I think there have been a couple of really bad mental errors since the change, however. Maybe that's what he's keying on to form the opinion. 

Anything's better than nonstop pull-up (shoot around difficulty) jumpers against McGee's drop coverage, imo.
Like Reply
(10-27-2022, 08:08 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Kidd forgot about Wood?

You have to remember him in the first place to forget him.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • BigDirk41, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply