Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2: MEM (2-1) @ DAL (1-1) | 137-96 win
https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1583989787785977856
Like Reply
(10-22-2022, 08:19 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Great help D by CW!

Kleber working hard on D, too!

Didn't like that THJ attempt.
Like Reply
Love the change of pace from Luka to Dinwiddie.
Like Reply
Nice pass from THJ. With Wood actually taking advantage of his size and getting deep position (KP take notice) that´s something I want to see more often.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
For all the bitching people did when KP was here about how they wouldn't pass to him...it sure seems like the entire team is eager to feed Wood when he gets in the paint. Interesting.
Like Reply
Genius level pass.
Like Reply
Of dribble leaning three. Money.
Wide open catch and shoot three. Airball.

The Luka Doncic experience.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Am I crazy, or is Luka defending tenaciously tonight?
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(10-22-2022, 08:37 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Am I crazy, or is Luka defending tenaciously tonight?
I think this Mem team is a bunch of crap talkers. That actually gets Luka going!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Dinwiddie with the bully ball. Love having big guards!

I expected Wood to be able to shoot and to a certain extent, I expected the handles and post moves. I did NOT expect him to be such an intuitive facilitator, both at the above the break and off the dribble. 

Good stuff.
Like Reply
This team plays defense.
Like Reply
Wood plays so much bigger than KP. No fadeaways. Not settling for midrange attempts. Gets deep position. Absorbs the contact and finishes over the defender.
[-] The following 4 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, MFFL
Like Reply
CW is easily the best teammate Luka has ever played with. I do not get why he is only playing 12 minutes a half. Just insane.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(10-22-2022, 08:46 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Wood plays so much bigger than KP. No fadeaways. Not settling for midrange attempts. Get deep position. Absorbs the contact and finishes over the defender.
Ya, that play under the basket KP would have fumbled the ball and turned it over.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(10-22-2022, 08:46 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Wood plays so much bigger than KP. No fadeaways. Not settling for midrange attempts. Get deep position. Absorbs the contact and finishes over the defender.

Yes. He actually has the skills we thought they were acquiring when that NY got announced years ago. 

I am enjoying his Mavs tenure, so far.

(10-22-2022, 08:47 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Ya, that play under the basket KP would have fumbled the ball and turned it over.

Yep. And that's if he had made that cut to present himself as a pass target in the first place.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(10-22-2022, 08:47 PM)Kammrath Wrote: CW is easily the best teammate Luka has ever played with. I do not get why he is only playing 12 minutes a half. Just insane.
In 1 1/2 games, SD is making me forget about JB. Now if we can get someone to make me forget about SD's play last year!

(10-22-2022, 08:49 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: In 1 1/2 games, SD is making me forget about JB. Now if we can get someone to make me forget about SD's play last year!
I guess right now, that could be Wood, but Wood is making me completely forget about KP. This so far was LITERALLY what I thought we were getting with KP.
Like Reply
Really fun first half.   Not getting the Grizz best, but that is not the Mavs problem.   It is nice to have two bigs who appear to have good hands.   I agree about Wood.   He is much more comfortable catching the ball with bodies around him in the paint then KP.   

Loved Green's shot for 3.  Looked so much more comfortable than his shots last year.    

Hardaway is my only negative tonight.  Just looks a tad draining when he is on the court.  Maybe it fixes itself when he makes shots.  When he doesn't though, it is just an odd fit.
Like Reply
Wood plays bigger than KP

Mcgee plays bigger than Powell 

Dinwiddie plays bigger than Brunson 

Mavs got bigger in the offseason
[-] The following 3 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • BigDirk41, ItsGoTime, MFFL
Like Reply
SD for 3!

Why is Luka guarding Steven Adams?
Like Reply
Luka's bitching is in midseason form.