Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2: MEM (2-1) @ DAL (1-1) | 137-96 win
Green bashers beware. The kid can ball. It’s coming. This is the year it starts to show. Next year he becomes legit. 

I know, I know. Patience is hard. This is the right place to vent. But venting is all it is. Potential still exudes from that uber-athletic frame.
Like Reply
(10-23-2022, 11:40 AM)Jommybone Wrote: Green bashers beware. The kid can ball. It’s coming. This is the year it starts to show. Next year he becomes legit. 

I know, I know. Patience is hard. This is the right place to vent. But venting is all it is. Potential still exudes from that uber-athletic frame.

I am hard on the kid.  But I love his energy and think he makes things happen when he plays.  Always seems to be deflecting passes with his quickness, running down loose balls with his hustle or competing hard for rebounds.  I love that stuff...AND THOSE THINGS ARE KILLER IN PLAYOFFS.

I just think they need to let him play with the starters more to see what his on/off's are with starters.   I get that he should be second unit to help hold fort while our starters rest...but I think this kids energy can help the team.

Im reluctant to part with this kids energy but he does have major flaws on offense.  He was paid way more and I guess Dallas cant follow that same path...but it does make you wonder why Thybulle was on the block.  Essentially the same player probably even better on offense than Green...but his team was ready to move on.  Hes still not playing much for 76ers I believe.
Like Reply
Green lovers beware.  The kid is a pumpkin.  On the bright side, it's almost Halloween.  

I know, I know.  Letting go of your dreams is hard.  This is the right place for excitement.  But potential is all he was.  Life after basketball exudes every time he is unwilling to shoot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
(10-23-2022, 11:53 AM)cow Wrote: But potential is all he was.  Life after basketball exudes every time he is unwilling to shoot.

Every post about Green's "potential" sounds like a post from 2020. There should be a time limit to how long you can talk about "potential".
Like Reply
Good one, Cow. Letting go of dreams IS hard. But my guy plays for the Knicks now, and I’m (slowly) getting over it. JG was never my guy. 

I think the present-focused criticism is pretty accurate. It’s calling “ceiling” on a 21-yr old that I’m reacting to.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • Scott41theMavs, Smitty
Like Reply
(10-23-2022, 12:15 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Good one, Cow. Letting go of dreams IS hard. But my guy plays for the Knicks now, and I’m (slowly) getting over it. JG was never my guy. 

I think the present-focused criticism is pretty accurate. It’s calling “ceiling” on a 21-yr old that I’m reacting to.

Love you, bro. 

But, but, but, all the athleticism can't make up for what is an obvious lack of confidence.   I kind of figured all the offseason hype was just sunshine pumping to try to build the kids confidence.  I'm not sure it is a trait he's going to pick up.  

Hardy was really, really, really bad last night but he was aggressive and you can tell that he feels like he belongs on the court.  Josh never gives me that impression.
Like Reply
(10-23-2022, 11:40 AM)Jommybone Wrote: Green bashers beware. The kid can ball. It’s coming. This is the year it starts to show. Next year he becomes legit. 

Josh is in his third year of NBA practices and NBA coaching.  In words attributed to the late Darrel Royal:  "If a dog's gonna bite, he'll do it as a pup."
Like Reply
Yeah, you the same guys last October saying Brunson can’t do it in the playoffs? 

Can’t see how a DFS lover could ever give up on a guy at the beginning of his 3rd year. 

But this argument is old now. I’ll shut up and listen. And wait.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • MFFL, Scott41theMavs, Smitty
Like Reply