Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finney-Smith at the SF, Improvement in Rebounding
(07-10-2022, 10:11 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I am excited about him, too. Don’t get me wrong. 

And I don’t know that it’s clear lowering future salary, either for a run at cap space or just to lower the future out-of-pocket for Cuban, was the goal here. But, I wouldn’t put it past him to think getting off of the meager amount of future (beyond this year) salary they did AND get one year of Wood for “only” a 1st is smart, even if the dude just walks (effectively making the luxury tax not an issue for quite a while).

Like, we all hope it works out and he’ll be re-signed, and if not, we’ll be disappointed. We assume they have the same hope, and maybe they do. But for Cuban, I’m starting to think future benefits like that are a hurdle these deals don’t need to clear in order to motivate him to pull the trigger. I sure hope I’m wrong. I’m probably not articulating this fairly abstract thought clearly enough, but that’s for the best because in the headspace I have right now, it’s getting scarier with each passing second to be a Mavericks fan.

I factor Mavs draft history in when I say "only a first".  Sad but true.  lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finney-Smith at the SF, Improvement in Rebounding - by cow - 07-10-2022, 10:14 PM