Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finney-Smith at the SF, Improvement in Rebounding
(07-10-2022, 09:57 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Disagree. I think every case is different, and in this one, Houston wanted to be out of the Wood business in order to make more opportunity for Sengun and the new guy. I think they would have gotten much less for him had he come with the strings of more guaranteed years. 

Now, if he is much more established and the teams looking to trade for him aren’t sure they can retain him, you might have a point. In Wood’s case, I think the onus is on him to earn offers next summer. I don’t think he’s guaranteed to get the kind of offers he wants without a good season (and not just on the court).

You might be right.  Maybe Wood's run out of good graces in the league and isn't desirable.  Just dumping the four players we dumped is probably worth the first we paid.  Returning a rotation guy is a pretty big cherry on top, especially considering the talent level.  It's why I loved the move by the Mavs.  It's very moneyball.  

I personally am excited for Wood as he has a skillset that we haven't seen with Luka.  I think he's going to flourish.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finney-Smith at the SF, Improvement in Rebounding - by cow - 07-10-2022, 10:03 PM