Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finney-Smith at the SF, Improvement in Rebounding
I'm not gonna judge the MBT until we get to the start of the season in relation to roster construction. Like not having a 3rd ball handler. It would be horrendous to go into the season with one of Ntilikina, Green or Hardy as the third ball handler, but they may very well have a move lined up they are confident about that changes that. Plenty of time left in the off season. I also don't like the idea of McGee and Wood starting, with Bullock on the bench. It's not a progressive lineup, offensively or defensively. But again maybe they have a move lined up for someone they expect to put in the starting lineup... that may have it make sense to start Wood from the bench. Powell was a starter, yet didn't play starting minutes. I would highly doubt we will be playing Javale McGee starter minutes. He will get his 18-20 mpg and Wood regardless of where he starts will still see his 30mpg or so.

I think if they do start McGee and Wood, it won't take that long before they change it. I'd say there's zero chance of it in the playoffs. Especially if Luka and Dinwiddie are starting. The extra perimeter defense is much more important than the rim protection McGee brings, though I do like the lineup defensively that has McGee starting and Wood on the bench. With Dinwiddie in the starting lineup, a bench unit offensively driven by THJ and Wood does make some sense. But they need a solid PG to run it. Then the bench would be hugely improved offensively from last year, and the starting unit would look similar except Dinwiddie replacing Brunson and McGee over Powell. I'd be ok with it, but a shot creating wing would be nice if Wood is on the bench to push Bullock to the bench unit solidifying it defensively and give Luka and Dinwiddie another shot creator. Not sure how they would pull that off though.

I will say that because of his defensive issues, Wood feels like he ideally fits from the bench (but still getting starter type minutes) if our team is ideally constructed.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finney-Smith at the SF, Improvement in Rebounding - by Dundalis - 07-10-2022, 04:24 AM