Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finney-Smith at the SF, Improvement in Rebounding
(07-09-2022, 04:49 PM)nash_funk Wrote:

See, I see it the opposite.  Dinwiddie has 5" on Brunson and isn't a drop off in any respect.  I think he'll get at least Brunson's minutes and role.

I disagree a little about “isn’t a drop off in any respect.” I think there are similarities between the players, but that each does some things way better than the other. 

But that’s not even the point. The comparison isn’t Brunson vs Dinwiddie. It’s Luka and Dinwiddie (or even Brunson, for that matter) with a dinosaur in the dunker’s spot vs. THEMSELVES last year after the Porzingis trade when they each feasted on the space Dallas had that other teams couldn’t match. THAT is why they got to the conference finals. 

If McGee is on the floor, his man will be near the paint at all times. This makes it soooooo much easier for the guy guarding Luka or Dinwiddie to handle them. NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENT. Thats why “negative asset” Dinwiddie looked like a 6MOTY candidate pretty much right after coming here, because the system made his life so much easier. 

Further, if McGee is on the floor and you’re not using him as a screener, what DO you do with him? Nothing. He can’t stand in the corner - his man will clog the paint anyway and the ball will find him pointlessly. He can’t be a cutter, because his man will be in the paint already. Point being: it’s going to be Luka and new second option Javale McGee running pick and roll with hopeful star addition Wood standing above the break or in the corner getting bored, just like Porzingis did under Carlisle. Or, even worse - Luka/Wood running pnr with Wood at the extended free throw area with his hand up, literally blocking their path to the basket like Porzingis did for the first month of Kidd’s tenure. 

I’m getting more depressed the longer I type.

Btw, if this is really the direction they’re going, the Kokoskov exit is starting to make more sense to me.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • mvossman, Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finney-Smith at the SF, Improvement in Rebounding - by KillerLeft - 07-09-2022, 06:31 PM