Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finney-Smith at the SF, Improvement in Rebounding
(07-09-2022, 04:18 PM)nash_funk Wrote: Speaking of Draymond, don't the GSW start Looney/Green/Wiggins in the frontcourt?  How is that unlike Mcgee/Wood/DFS?

Oh, it’s not, in some ways. I’d say Green is singular with some of what he brings to the table in terms of versatility on both ends of the floor (can do things Wood 100% can not), and I’d also say that many, many people were shocked that the Mavs couldn’t play Looney off of the floor during that series (they can and DID get McGee benched one round before). But in some ways, you’re right. And, it IS just one possible lineup (for either team).

Only…GS had a litany of other qualified players, representing the choice (actual flexibility, not make believe) to go in other directions if they needed to. The Mavs don’t, in my view. 

It’s not that I don’t think they should ever use the two big lineup. I agree, having three viable “bigs” options (last post season they only had two) was a necessary step forward, for all the reasons people claim. I don’t agree that it was a necessary step to reach FOUR, particularly at the sacrifice of adding some of the OTHER things they needed.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finney-Smith at the SF, Improvement in Rebounding - by KillerLeft - 07-09-2022, 04:26 PM