Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart
(02-06-2020, 12:38 PM)Tyler Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 11:14 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: It is super easy to construct such a deal on a salary matching basis.  Lee and Wright gets the job done.

Yep.  Add the GS 2nd rounder to the pick package from Minnesota, and that's a surprisingly decent haul of picks, cap relief, and affordable young player for Russell.  Hmm...

I'm not the biggest Wiggins fan, but if Carlisle can make THJ look this good then I'd be interested what he can do with a former #1 pick.

I agree. He's avg'g career highs in assists and rebounds, and his efg % is over .500, which is a career high as well. Maybe he's finally turning the corner and a change of scenery might do wonders.
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 12:45 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: Man, this 2020 FA is looking to be a bargain. MEM is out of the teams with big money to throw. Guess it's only CLE, CHA, PHO (probably won't pay Saric) and ATL (even with Dedmon and Capela). DET if Drummond opts out also.
This...well said...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 12:38 PM)Tyler Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 11:14 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: It is super easy to construct such a deal on a salary matching basis.  Lee and Wright gets the job done.

Yep.  Add the GS 2nd rounder to the pick package from Minnesota, and that's a surprisingly decent haul of picks, cap relief, and affordable young player for Russell.  Hmm...

I'm not the biggest Wiggins fan, but if Carlisle can make THJ look this good then I'd be interested what he can do with a former #1 pick.

Yeah, I don't know if its the trade-whore in me, but Wiggins added to what we have would create problems for other teams at the offensive end.  Especially if he were to get a new lease on life from the Luka-Carlisle effect.  I think you do the Juancho into the TPE for the GSW #2 first.  Then Minnesota can use the draft asset in the three way with GSW.  When healthy, we'd have some firepower (while giving up a bunch of points at the same time).  It would certainly be entertaining.

KP/Powell et al
DFS/Maxi
Wiggins/Jackson
THJ/Seth
Luka/Brunson
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 12:48 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Juancho

Nevermind Wiggins, but I think he could be a sneaky good player. Hard worker on defense, can shoot the ball. Saw him a lot on international level, where he got serious minutes to play.
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 12:42 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 11:42 AM)hakeemfan Wrote: Most of the names being thrown around ( including the couple who went to Philly) don’t move the needle much for this team.

The best thing would be to move Lee for someone who is an expiring next year and later on use that to try get a legit starter that some team is trying to give away.
My hope is, of course, yes, we hope for a starter giveaway, but absent teams giving away starters, there should be many more avenues to find a bench bolstering move to get a redundant starter. AG comes to mind for that. Orl doesn't want to get roasted in the media by just giving AG away to the first caller. However, he is redundant on that team. Sell them on an equal value trade that utilizes the kicking the ball down the field assets you got from the TPE and Lee trades they do RIGHT NOW!

To be fair we don’t know what has been discussed. I agree that the past few years before Luka Donnie had mailed it in. However with Luka ready to win now the team is clearly determined to get better fast.  The KP move was a blockbuster one.

I think FA just took them by shock as to how fast players went off and the money that was thrown.  Yes it doesn’t reflect well on them that they were caught by surprise, but it was not a case of loving their men in Blue.
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 12:34 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: We love our boys in blue

Something that most miss is that this phrase, among other things, serves as messaging to other teams.  They loved DSJ, Wes, DAJ and HB right up until last year's trade deadline. 

(02-06-2020, 12:34 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I think they could do better at making the smaller splash transactions so as to baby step to where they want to be. 

I think the good value, smaller, tradable contracts they signed in the offseason were baby steps.
Like Reply
Is it sad that almost all of us are waiting to see that surprise blockbuster trade like...

BEAL TO THE MAVS!
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 01:00 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I think the good value, smaller, tradable contracts they signed in the offseason were baby steps.

Here I also disagree Smile Players behind these contracts are not good enough to make us a contender nor are they trade chips for significant upgrades. Young players and picks are, basically things we only have a few and not that valuable. Path from where we are to become a contender will be very difficult
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 01:04 PM)omahen Wrote: Players behind these contracts are not good enough to make us a contender nor are they trade chips for significant upgrades.

Maxi has significant value and DoDo is trending that way
Like Reply
I have been as critical as anyone else the past few years. The bottom line is we have 2 studs now. That is such a huge advantage over many of the other teams that are wheeling and dealing now. If you poll, most of those GMs would trade teams with ours.

Even if we rush and get some definite smaller upgrades this team is still a couple of years away.

The number 1 thing right now for the coaching staff and our 2 studs is to figure out a style of play that allows both to play at their best when both are on the floor at the same time. Once that is resolved it becomes much easier to determine the other cast who can then also play that style and complement those 2. Else we are rushing to get a supporting cast who might not even fit in the grand scheme of things.
Like Reply
DLo for Wiggins just happened. Wolves are going to have to clear some roster spots.
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 01:04 PM)omahen Wrote: Here I also disagree Smile Players behind these contracts are not good enough to make us a contender nor are they trade chips for significant upgrades. Young players and picks are, basically things we only have a few and not that valuable. Path from where we are to become a contender will be very difficult

Yes, you and I pretty much disagree on everything
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 01:10 PM)MavsFan41ife Wrote: DLo for Wiggins just happened. Wolves are going to have to clear some roster spots.

Damn.

Can we make a move for OPJ or/and Lavine already. Sad
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 01:07 PM)Jym Wrote: Maxi has significant value and DoDo is trending that way

A value to get you a clear upgrade? I don't agree. 

If you would be dealing with rebuilding team, they only want high upside youngsters and picks. Guys as Maxi and DoDo are salary fillers for them, they don't want to win, they want to build assets. Maxi and DoDo might have a bit of value only as potentials to further flip for youngsters or picks.

If you would be dealing with teams, who are willing to compete, they will not sell you clear cut legit starters for number 5 guys, unless you (again) add picks and youngsters with high upside. Maxi and DoDo would be valuable role players for them, but they would be looking to replace their legit starter with another player.

Maxi and DoDo have most value for us if we keep them, imho. They are good players on decent contracts (excellent in case of DoDo). We should be aiming to make moves with other pieces, but we will need picks and young players for that.
Like Reply
Lavine is untouchable IMO.

OPJ is injury prone.

Still hoping for something that nets us help in the playoffs.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1225483728895516672
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 01:21 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1225483728895516672

IT'S HAPPENING
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 01:13 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 01:10 PM)MavsFan41ife Wrote: DLo for Wiggins just happened. Wolves are going to have to clear some roster spots.

Damn.

Can we make a move for OPJ or/and Lavine already. Sad

Man if we got Lavine I would be ecstatic. Although having two ACL tears are your top three players is very concerning
Like Reply
Donnie hijacking the Gallinari trade to f*** with Riley again.
Like Reply
If Morris ends up being going to the Clippers the Mavs should try to get Harkless. If the Lakers, Danny Green.
Like Reply