Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart
(10-26-2019, 05:57 PM)burekemde Wrote: Two superstars (Luka, KP) and two outstanding defenders (Maxi, DW) as starters. The only only piece missing, is that all around young SF that will be the third star, which would make us unbeatable. DW-Luka-RJB-KP-MK, that team would win multiple championships.

This is where I am too. Too early to speak to that specific SF IMHO, but insert Danny Green into that four (better if it were a 24 year old version of Danny Green) and you are there.  

Maybe it is someone like Covington.  Maybe there is a younger player we don’t know yet that we can get by eating a contract.  Heck how great would it be if DFS could hit 38% of his 3’s.  Put that five with a bench of Powell, Brunson, Curry, Jackson and you are on your way.
Like Reply
(10-26-2019, 10:16 AM)TurkishMFFL Wrote:
(10-26-2019, 07:32 AM)Kkswoosh Wrote: This Mavs team really needs Steven Adams. What would it take to get a deal done?

I came in this thread to put forward the idea of trading for Steven Adams. I see I am not the only one who thinks Adams would be a great complement to Porzingis. Young, agile and great defender. Would be a great fit imo. to

Would love to figure that out

Adams, KP, Doncic, Wright is a good foresome.

Would love a THJ for Adams type of salary dump deal to take shape. We don't really have a throw-in young guy to give them tho.

I think the best I can think of pre-TDL would be Jackson, THJ and 2 2nds for Adams. Jackson is a good young talent but Adams would be a starter. Mavs would have a shortage of wings that would need to be addressed.
Like Reply
I´m hoping the Thunder continue to stink it up, aka Chris Pouting³. I don´t see a realistic way for us to acquire Adams, given his age+contract, but 31 year old Gallinari on an expiring contract is probably in play.
Like Reply
I see the Mavs as one player away.  They need a slightly bigger version of DFS.  A version who is around a top 50 player, or at least can hit that level on a majority of nights, can guard the 3 and 4, shoot the 3 when open, give you about 14 efficient points each night, and rebound at a slightly above average rate for a 4. In short, they need whoever is the Matrix in today’s NBA.  Not sure who that is yet or how to get him.
Like Reply
I would be happy with Aminu. Solid defender and hes on a very team friendly cotract.
Like Reply
(10-27-2019, 10:56 AM)Mavericks321 Wrote: I would be happy with Aminu

No thank you. He is same as DFS. We need a true 3-D wing, on whom we can rely to score efficient 15-20 ppg. Doesn't have to be elite D, but at least good.

Following guys I think might have high upside and just didn't get enough opportunity to prove it:
- BKN: Musa
- Denver: Hernangomez, Beasley (he is proving it, but might be too expensive to resign for them)
- Milwaukee: DiVincenzo, Wilson
Like Reply
(10-27-2019, 11:19 AM)omahen Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 10:56 AM)Mavericks321 Wrote: I would be happy with Aminu

No thank you. He is same as DFS. We need a true 3-D wing, on whom we can rely to score efficient 15-20 ppg. Doesn't have to be elite D, but at least good.

Following guys I think might have high upside and just didn't get enough opportunity to prove it:
- BKN: Musa
- Denver: Hernangomez, Beasley (he is proving it, but might be too expensive to resign for them)
- Milwaukee: DiVincenzo, Wilson

I'm in for Hernangomez

https://thednvr.com/hes-like-joker-mutua...ola-jokic/
Like Reply
For trade purposes, I always like to watch which teams are unexpectedly awful. Nothing lights a fire under a GM like the potential of an unexpected collapse. 

1. Of course it’s way early, but after 6 quarters, the Warriors are yet to hold a team under 30 points. Giving up 70 in the first half to OKC is not confidence inspiring. How long till that franchise's nervousness over Draymond's re-up turns into an attempt to move him along? 

2. New Orleans supposedly got a haul for shipping out AD. I for one never saw it that way. Lakers' young'ns couldn’t win with LeBron. So how can we expect em to win with Jrue? (We can’t.) At 0-3 already, they ought to be reconsidering selling high on Holiday before it's too late. Cause it could be too late very soon. 

3. Sacramento still sucks. Looking at their roster, it’s hard to imagine how anybody thought they wouldn’t. It’s either way early or way late to expect breakouts, with Bagley and Fox fitting in the former category and Hield in the latter. Where does Bogdan Bogdonovich fit in? Maybe on the trade block. 

Detroit, Chicago and Washington are worth watching too.
Like Reply
(10-27-2019, 08:19 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: I see the Mavs as one player away.  They need a slightly bigger version of DFS.  A version who is around a top 50 player, or at least can hit that level on a majority of nights, can guard the 3 and 4, shoot the 3 when open, give you about 14 efficient points each night, and rebound at a slightly above average rate for a 4. In short, they need whoever is the Matrix in today’s NBA.  Not sure who that is yet or how to get him.

I was thinking the same thing a few guys that fit that profile that I can come up with are not available for the Mavericks.

I was thinking the same thing though

Guys that fit that Matrix Profile: 

Pascal Siakam
Aaron Gordon 
PJ Tucker
Like Reply
(10-27-2019, 08:19 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: I see the Mavs as one player away.  They need a slightly bigger version of DFS.  A version who is around a top 50 player, or at least can hit that level on a majority of nights, can guard the 3 and 4, shoot the 3 when open, give you about 14 efficient points each night, and rebound at a slightly above average rate for a 4. In short, they need whoever is the Matrix in today’s NBA.  Not sure who that is yet or how to get him.

The closest I can think of is Draymond. He's like Matrix with slightly better defense and much better passing. Unfortunately, not available.
Like Reply
Blake Griffin
Like Reply
(10-27-2019, 05:22 PM)embellisher Wrote:

The closest I can think of is Draymond. He's like Matrix with slightly better defense and much better passing. Unfortunately, not available.
I disagree. That should read fortunately he is not available. All due respect but DG, anywhere other than GS, just doesn't work to anywhere near the same level. He's an undersized player with alot of tough miles on him. He's not done. I'm not saying that but his game has been in a marked regression for the last two seasons. I can't see him ever doing enough here to warrant his contract or the headaches.
Like Reply
We should have signed Dwight Howard. He is acting and playing like he knows he has one more shot and I do not believe that ego is there anymore looks like hes just having fun.
Like Reply
I'm in the "no trade til we see what we have" camp
Like Reply
(10-28-2019, 04:02 PM)Mavericks321 Wrote: We should have signed Dwight Howard. He is acting and playing like he knows he has one more shot and I do not believe that ego is there anymore looks like hes just having fun.

lol, no ego? DH just said he could go get 30-30 if that’s what the coach wanted him to do.
Like Reply
(10-28-2019, 04:13 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I'm in the "no trade til we see what we have" camp

I agree. As is if we stay healthy we are going to win a lot of games and make the playoffs too. I mean we have two guys under 23 that can each get 30 a night. Wait until the deadline.

(10-28-2019, 04:18 PM)vfromlmf Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 04:02 PM)Mavericks321 Wrote: We should have signed Dwight Howard. He is acting and playing like he knows he has one more shot and I do not believe that ego is there anymore looks like hes just having fun.

lol, no ego? DH just said he could go get 30-30 if that’s what the coach wanted him to do.

Well he should be confident. I just mean his attitude in general. Watching highlights it seems just about all his teammates like him. And at this point in his career I think he just wants to have fun and win. He hasn't really been considered what he was for about 4 years now.
Like Reply
We should look for a trade. This is one move away from being a great playoff team.
Like Reply
(10-27-2019, 04:19 PM)Jommybone Wrote: For trade purposes, I always like to watch which teams are unexpectedly awful. Nothing lights a fire under a GM like the potential of an unexpected collapse. 

1. Of course it’s way early, but after 6 quarters, the Warriors are yet to hold a team under 30 points. Giving up 70 in the first half to OKC is not confidence inspiring. How long till that franchise's nervousness over Draymond's re-up turns into an attempt to move him along? 

2. New Orleans supposedly got a haul for shipping out AD. I for one never saw it that way. Lakers' young'ns couldn’t win with LeBron. So how can we expect em to win with Jrue? (We can’t.) At 0-3 already, they ought to be reconsidering selling high on Holiday before it's too late. Cause it could be too late very soon. 

3. Sacramento still sucks. Looking at their roster, it’s hard to imagine how anybody thought they wouldn’t. It’s either way early or way late to expect breakouts, with Bagley and Fox fitting in the former category and Hield in the latter. Where does Bogdan Bogdonovich fit in? Maybe on the trade block. 

Detroit, Chicago and Washington are worth watching too.
Long time member of the OPJ in DAL club. If CHI continues to be horrid, I think there is a deal to be made there, perhaps a favorable one. OPJ is known to be a slow starter. His opening month is the primary reason for folks impression of him and he's off to another poor start. THJ/Lee saves them 5.9 million, overall but takes 10 million off their cap for next season. To me, given the current state of our war chest, that is the sort of deal DAL has to flesh out. OPJ for two players that don't matter to us is a huge win.
Like Reply
(10-29-2019, 09:26 AM)jdb152 Wrote: Long time member of the OPJ in DAL club. If CHI continues to be horrid, I think there is a deal to be made there, perhaps a favorable one. OPJ is known to be a slow starter. His opening month is the primary reason for folks impression of him and he's off to another poor start. THJ/Lee saves them 5.9 million, overall but takes 10 million off their cap for next season. To me, given the current state of our war chest, that is the sort of deal DAL has to flesh out. OPJ for two players that don't matter to us is a huge win.

I take your proposal and improve it - in a sense that is more appealing for Chicago. Lee-Hardaway for Porter and Felicio.

Chicago entered the season with high hopes yet they crashed into a wall at the start. Porter is certainly one of the underachievers and it is a risk for us that he doesn't turn it around. Because at the moment THJ looks as a better player with a more team friendly contract. Throughout his time Porter hasn't really justified the contract he got. However, if he would be able to produce as he did in 15 games for Chicago last season, he would be perfect. Felicio is unplayable and a horrible contract, so Chicago should be very happy to get rid of him. We don't care - we will have same production from him as from Lee.

That being said, unfortunatelly I don't believe Chicago will give up after just a couple of games. 20 more, than yes. However, if Porter would still be horrible by then - do we really want to trade for him?
Like Reply
(10-29-2019, 09:42 AM)omahen Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 09:26 AM)jdb152 Wrote: Long time member of the OPJ in DAL club. If CHI continues to be horrid, I think there is a deal to be made there, perhaps a favorable one. OPJ is known to be a slow starter. His opening month is the primary reason for folks impression of him and he's off to another poor start. THJ/Lee saves them 5.9 million, overall but takes 10 million off their cap for next season. To me, given the current state of our war chest, that is the sort of deal DAL has to flesh out. OPJ for two players that don't matter to us is a huge win.

I take your proposal and improve it - in a sense that is more appealing for Chicago. Lee-Hardaway for Porter and Felicio.

Chicago entered the season with high hopes yet they crashed into a wall at the start. Porter is certainly one of the underachievers and it is a risk for us that he doesn't turn it around. Because at the moment THJ looks as a better player with a more team friendly contract. Throughout his time Porter hasn't really justified the contract he got. However, if he would be able to produce as he did in 15 games for Chicago last season, he would be perfect. Felicio is unplayable and a horrible contract, so Chicago should be very happy to get rid of him. We don't care - we will have same production from him as from Lee.

That being said, unfortunatelly I don't believe Chicago will give up after just a couple of games. 20 more, than yes. However, if Porter would still be horrible by then - do we really want to trade for him?
I have alot of faith in him but no explanation for why he always starts so slow. He did this same thing, almost exactly, over the first month of last season. Over the next four months he shot almost 50% from 3. For his career he's a 40% shooter from 3, 53% from 2 and almost 80% at the line. At 6'8 and just 26, I think he fits ideally as a #3 on a team with depth. 

Can't justify the contract but that isn't how we need to look at it. We didn't offer him that deal so it isn't a reflection on us. The way we look at it is this. It's essentially what we already have invested in THJ/Lee so the total dollars are irrelevant, from a payroll perspective. When OPJ is right, his production far exceeds those two, combined, so it is an upgrade on the floor. His deal also mirrors that of THJ/ Both have two years remaining with year 2 being an option year for the player that nobody expects them to opt out of.

We won't be able to shop this summer anyway. If we project forward, OPJ gives us a more attractive expiring in 20/21. I like the idea of having a 28 million dollar expiring contract to work with leading into that TDL.
" I always wanted to be a basketball player. Nothing more, nothing less." - Dirk Nowitzki
Like Reply