Poll: How many assists does Luka+JB+Dinwiddie end up with? O/U 20.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
83.33%
5 83.33%
Under
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 79: DAL (49-30) vs. MIL (48-30)| 118-112 WIN!
Matthews
18 minutes
2/1/1/0/0

Post-game interview: We have to play harder this is just not acceptable. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(04-03-2022, 02:35 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Matthews
18 minutes
2/1/1/0/0

Post-game interview: We have to play harder this is just not acceptable. Big Grin

Does make me a little happy to see Wes still brick everything.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
What a confusing team
Are we going to Finals? Are we getting swept in the first round? I really have no idea

But great win. Hopefully the Warriors lose a game or 2 down the stretch
[-] The following 2 users Like Jym's post:
  • Hypermav, MFFL
Like Reply
(04-03-2022, 02:39 PM)Jym Wrote: What a confusing team
Are we going to Finals? Are we getting swept in the first round? I really have no idea

Finals bound but it doesn't cost me anything to say that Smile
Like Reply
Big-time win on the last difficult stretch of games (4 games in 7 days) for the rest of the season. Now we get a nice 3 games in 7 days to finish up and then a 5-6 day break before the first playoff game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(04-03-2022, 02:36 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Wes still brick everything.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/redditmavericks/status/1510704052488781827?s=20&t=zvl-QRjn8JDvTlAPpiM60A
[-] The following 1 user Likes LukTheShadow's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Hell yeah, great win
[-] The following 1 user Likes DrMav's post:
  • ReunionMav
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status/1510691804319989765?s=20&t=iI5uqUc3UMTsrOnQxowRiw
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • Mavsfan12
Like Reply
(04-03-2022, 02:39 PM)Jym Wrote: What a confusing team

I think the starting five is really good and not even overpaid all things considered, even if it lacks a true 2nd star player.

36 Doncic
20 Brunson
12 DFS
11 Powell
10 Bullock

89M for a starting five is fine I guess, but our bench.....

is basically just Dinwiddie.

We are not getting rid of Bertans. Burke, Boban, Brown are another 10M expiring, but we really need to consolidate THJ/Kleber. Turner would be a good outcome. Make a good draft pick.

Jaden Hardy seems a nice target, before going complete shooting bust in the G-League, he was considered a top 5 player in this draft class. His shot looks fine to me. Around #25/26 it´s well worth a try, given how limited our data on the highschool to G-League to NBA route is.

Make a smart signing with the 6M exception.

I  wonder whether TJ Warren will get more than 6M a year after being out for nearly two years? Jeremy Lamb would be another nice target.

Use the TPE.

Don´t really see an obvious target right now.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Boweman55/status/1510706833337556994?s=20&t=dJzcLJ65X7I_eQNBf_h_HA
[-] The following 9 users Like Hypermav's post:
  • Arioch, BasketballJones41, DallasMaverick, Mavsfan12, MFFL, michaeltex, omahen, rocky164, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Great game.  As good as Powell was, and he was really good, Luka gets my player of the game.  He controlled everything out there.   Really nice win with two teams really needing a win.

Jrue is really good.   Middleton is too, but there are times when he is off.  Today was one of those games.

The only negative I have, is Chriss really missed his chance.   With Maxi out, he had a chance to shine.  He did get a dunk but followed up with a cheap foul on a three point play and then appeared to be late on a few three point rotations.   He really needs to be better on defense and not foul so much if he wants to get another big opportunity imo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
(04-03-2022, 03:07 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I think the starting five is really good and not even overpaid all things considered, even if it lacks a true 2nd star player.

36 Doncic
20 Brunson
12 DFS
11 Powell
10 Bullock

89M for a starting five is fine I guess, but our bench.....

is basically just Dinwiddie.

We are not getting rid of Bertans. Burke, Boban, Brown are another 10M expiring, but we really need to consolidate THJ/Kleber. Turner would be a good outcome. Make a good draft pick.

Jaden Hardy seems a nice target, before going complete shooting bust in the G-League, he was considered a top 5 player in this draft class. His shot looks fine to me. Around #25/26 it´s well worth a try, given how limited our data on the highschool to G-League to NBA route is.

Make a smart signing with the 6M exception.

I  wonder whether TJ Warren will get more than 6M a year after being out for nearly two years? Jeremy Lamb would be another nice target.

Use the TPE.

Don´t really see an obvious target right now.

I would argue a bench of Maxi/Bertans/Green/THJ/Din is good, just overpriced.  I agree with Turner being a good outcome, but I doubt that happens without giving up the pick.
Like Reply
(04-03-2022, 03:48 PM)mvossman Wrote: I would argue a bench of Maxi/Bertans/Green/THJ/Din is good, just overpriced.  I agree with Turner being a good outcome, but I doubt that happens without giving up the pick.

In fact I'd argue Bertans is exactly the type of guy we want on our bench. He's still a lethal 3pt shooter. His contract is disgusting and we aren't getting rid of it but I don't think the Mavs HAVE to get rid of it in order to be contenders.

Green also is a valuable role player. He's inconsistent right now sure, but still brings fantastic energy and defense. If he takes a leap next year he could be vying for a starter position. Maxi has to make shots to make sense. He hasn't been able to since January. He also hasn't been able to in the playoffs. 

THJ is a great bench scorer theoretically, but we haven't seen him be an efficient version of himself without a Carlisle-led offense framework and it begs the question can he ever become that again without RC? If not then I don't see him being worth the spot as he overlaps too much with SD/Green. It's really Burke+Brown+Boban that don't bring anything on the court. Frank+Chriss are afterthoughts.

In any case this wall of text is to just say I agree with you the Mavs bench on paper is good. But it's obvious we need 1-2 more guys to make this team a real finals contender. Packaging Maxi+THJ for a real starting center and finding a good bench scorer will do it. 

Maybe UTA does us a favor and ship us Gobert+Clarkson to make it easy for us.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
I don't know that I'd call Clarkson a good bench scorer. He also feels like he'd be redundant with Dinwiddie.
Like Reply
Bertans on 103.3 DefRtg
Bertans off 117.3 DefRtg

your DPOY. Gobert/Bam/Giannis x 2
Like Reply
(04-03-2022, 11:56 PM)Branduil Wrote: I don't know that I'd call Clarkson a good bench scorer. He also feels like he'd be redundant with Dinwiddie.

I only say Clarkson because he won 6MOY not just 12 months ago. He's basically a cheaper version of THJ. 

I agree he might be a bit redundant with Dinwiddie, but the real prize in this unrealistic pie-in-the-sky scenario is Gobert.
Like Reply
(04-03-2022, 03:36 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Great game.  As good as Powell was, and he was really good, Luka gets my player of the game.  He controlled everything out there.   Really nice win with two teams really needing a win.

Jrue is really good.   Middleton is too, but there are times when he is off.  Today was one of those games.

The only negative I have, is Chriss really missed his chance.   With Maxi out, he had a chance to shine.  He did get a dunk but followed up with a cheap foul on a three point play and then appeared to be late on a few three point rotations.   He really needs to be better on defense and not foul so much if he wants to get another big opportunity imo.

Maybe it's just me, but I would have kept Moses Brown over Chriss.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • Mavsfan12
Like Reply
(04-04-2022, 03:17 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Maybe it's just me, but I would have kept Moses Brown over Chriss.

I think they kept Chriss for his "toughness", although IMO Moses had a better upside. Regardless, the gave Chriss a 2 year deal, so maybe the staff thinks they can develop something. 

They both need NBA-level playing time to get their identity established.
Like Reply
(04-03-2022, 11:39 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: In fact I'd argue Bertans is exactly the type of guy we want on our bench. He's still a lethal 3pt shooter.

Where? In NBA2k?

Kleber and Bertans have been horrible this year.

Matter of fact they have the worst shooting years of their careers, from everywhere on the field.

Kleber 40/32/70
Bertans 35/32/80

...on wide open shots.

Josh Green is shooting better than both of them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply