Poll: How many minutes combined will Bertans+Dinwiddie play? O/U 46.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
16.67%
2 16.67%
Under
83.33%
10 83.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 58: DAL (34-24) @ MIA (37-21): 107-99 WIN!
Just a play-off preview. Teams will double Luka 24/7 in the play-offs. No way these other guys make shots 4 out of 7 games and that might not even be enough with no rim protection on the other end.
Like Reply
Kleber and Powell are getting their butts handed to them.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Luka is taking the night off on defense.
Like Reply
I also think we are taking for granted how important Bullock has been for the team. His absence might be a big reason why things look so off.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Bad Luka night…of course he’s also getting blitzed. 

The front court is going to be severely outmatched most nights and God help us in the playoffs.
Like Reply
I have ONE question after the 1st half:

What was Luka doing last night in Miami?
Like Reply
Down only 8 seems like a blessing. Mavs front court played like a G-league team. 

Hopefully they make some adjustments. 

I like Bertans shooting already. 2 smooth corner threes. Dinwiddie a little up and down. So far I'm optimistic.

(02-15-2022, 08:39 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I have ONE question after the 1st half:

It was valentines day and he's a multi-millionaire. Dude had a fun night and I don't blame him.
Like Reply
(02-15-2022, 08:36 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I also think we are taking for granted how important Bullock has been for the team. His absence might be a big reason why things look so off.

YES. 

He is the season leader in On/Off at +8.3.
Like Reply
32-8 points in the paint advantage for the Heat.  26-15 rebounding advantage too.

Coach Spo laying out the blueprint for how to slow down Luka.
Like Reply
What was DFS doing on the last possession? Cutting right into Powell. Thankfully Kleber bailed them out.
Like Reply
(02-15-2022, 08:39 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I have ONE question after the 1st half:

Hanging out with his good buddy Dragic drinking Slovenian moonshine   Angry
Like Reply
(02-15-2022, 08:39 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I like Bertans shooting already. 2 smooth corner threes. Dinwiddie a little up and down. So far I'm optimistic.

I am most optimistic about DB. His role should be simple. Come in and give effort and focus on positional D and then take every open three you can get.

SD is going to be more difficult to integrate. His team worst -17 for the 1st half says it all.
Like Reply
(02-15-2022, 08:40 PM)cow Wrote: 32-8 points in the paint advantage for the Heat.  26-15 rebounding advantage too.

Send a trap as soon as he dribbles. Send a third to the closest outlet. Leave one Mav wide open cause they aren't going to shoot or dribble anyways. Rinse and repeat.
Like Reply
(02-15-2022, 08:43 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Send a trap as soon as he dribbles. Send a third to the closest outlet. Leave one Mav wide open cause they aren't going to shoot or dribble anyways. Rinse and repeat.

Yep.  See if Jalen and a bunch of guys who can't dribble can make you pay.
Like Reply
Is there any bigs on the market left?
Like Reply
(02-15-2022, 08:40 PM)cow Wrote: 32-8 points in the paint advantage for the Heat.  26-15 rebounding advantage too.

SMH Miami's defense is predicated and centered around Bam. No other team in the league has a big that can switch like him. The blueprint is that Miami just has the personnel to neutralize him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Omega_Supreme's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply

Luka like Tom Brady, always adapts. We have seen it before with other types of double teams, until Luka figured those out. It's a nice coverage that works, but is about the movement of our offense and we haven't seen this look that much. I am not worried, there are huge gaps to exploit. Two new players in offense whose positioning is very different.
Like Reply
(02-15-2022, 08:46 PM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: SMH 

You sure do like shaking your head.
Like Reply
(02-15-2022, 08:32 PM)burekemde Wrote: KP needed badly in a matchup like this one. Dinwiddie and Bertans bring a lot of things for sure. depends on the matchup. But against bigs like Adebayo, KP is an advantage.

KPs interior D is sorely missed tonight.
Like Reply
2 big lineup to start the 3rd.

(02-15-2022, 08:45 PM)LukTheShadow Wrote: Is there any bigs on the market left?

Favors might get bought out.

I actually wonder how effective Boban would be tonight. Sure he'd get put in PnR all day but it'd stop Miami's parade to the basket.
Like Reply