Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non Knee-Jerk Takes
(02-11-2022, 03:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Wow, really???

Respect for this, if true. I bought in hook, line and sinker on that one. I thought the day of the trade was the beginning of a dynasty.

Yep. I would have to go back and find the thread. But, I was pretty disappointed when they gave DSJ and the picks up for KP. I got hit pretty hard for saying it. I was high on DSJ from the beginning. But, by that time I had realized that he needed to be humbled and work hard on his game to carve out a niche in the league. Luka was the future. I had a feeling though that other teams were very interested in the potential of DSJ and that they could have gotten more out of him in a trade.

I tried to get myself hyped up on KP watching you tube clips of him in NY. But, that injury history at the time was scary. Especially being that he was so skinny and over 7 foot. His dribble has always been suspect too. Which is normally the case for guys that big. Durant is an anomoly.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
[-] The following 2 users Like audiosway's post:
  • Jommybone, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-11-2022, 03:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Wow, really???

Respect for this, if true. I bought in hook, line and sinker on that one. I thought the day of the trade was the beginning of a dynasty.

At least you recognized that it wasn´t going to end well when others were still celebrating his bubble performance. We have both mentioned it plenty of times. The bubble game against Portland ended all of my hopes and changed the way I view bigs in the modern NBA.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • audiosway, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-11-2022, 06:57 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: his bubble performance

[Image: pyrite.jpg]
Like Reply
(02-11-2022, 06:57 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: The bubble game against Portland ended all of my hopes and changed the way I view bigs in the modern NBA.

Same. I never got over it. 

And honestly, I feel like anytime somebody wanted to beat the Mavs with Porzingis on the floor, they could’ve just reproduced that exact same plan with ease. Sure, not everyone has Lillard, but most teams have an effective pick and roll guard on their roster – at least most playoff teams do.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • audiosway, dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
The photos always confuse me. Is that cause I’m old? Is it supposed to be fool’s gold? Or real gold? Or gold-plated turds?
Like Reply
(02-11-2022, 07:07 PM)Jommybone Wrote: fool’s gold

This. I think the bubble performance involved a lot of big boxscore numbers, but was not promising in the way the Mavs needed it to be.
Like Reply
(02-11-2022, 07:10 PM)Kammrath Wrote: This. I think the bubble performance involved a lot of big boxscore numbers, but was not promising in the way the Mavs needed it to be.

So maybe KP's nickname should be pyrite?
[-] The following 2 users Like Jmaciscool's post:
  • audiosway, Kammrath
Like Reply