Poll: Who do you think will win the game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Clippers
33.33%
2 33.33%
Mavericks
66.67%
4 66.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 56: LAC (27-29) vs. DAL (32-23) | Feb 10 7:30 pm | 105-112 WIN!
(02-10-2022, 10:53 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Tye Lue is a good coach, and this is a great Clippers roster. 

They are going to be the favorites again next year, if they are all back and healthy.

Yep. I think you and I see eye-to-eye on the belief that LAC when healthy is the best team in the NBA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
-4-0 since I got my God King Jersey
-God King signs a very reasonable extension.
-KP era is over.

I'm pretty sure I have magical powers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
Great performance by Luka, should have matched or surpassed Dirk's 53!

BUT....0-5 from three in last 3 quarters and 6 assists/7 turnovers.
Like Reply
JB already feeling the effects of the Dinwiddie shadow. Terrible game by him and Burke.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 11:07 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: JB already feeling the effects of the Dinwiddie shadow. Terrible game by him and Burke.

Terrible game?  He missed his shots.  That happens.
Like Reply
Also noticed Dorian has his pinky and ring finger taped on his shooting hand.
Like Reply
Fun game.   Since KP has been out and Hardaway has been injured, there are moments where I think there is no way the team on the court will score enough.  But they have.  Can they keep it up?  Will we see what happens when Luka has an off game, but so far my concern about lack of scorers haven't really played out.  Luka and Jalen are using a lot of energy out there.  Hopefully that can be resolved soon...especially Luka.  

That Clipper team is a monster if they can get everyone healthy.   They are ready to win now.    There some bad Clipper Juju...but if healthy they are clearly a higher tier than the Mavs.

It will be interesting to see how the next game looks against the Clipps on Saturday.

https://twitter.com/jga41agher/status/14...6057830418
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Tyler
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 11:12 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Fun game.   Since KP has been out and Hardaway has been injured, there are moments where I think there is no way the team on the court will score enough.  But they have.  Can they keep it up?  Will we see what happens when Luka has an off game, but so far my concern about lack of scorers haven't really played out.  Luka and Jalen are using a lot of energy out there.  Hopefully that can be resolved soon...especially Luka.  

That Clipper team is a monster if they can get everyone healthy.   They are ready to win now.    There some bad Clipper Juju...but if healthy they are clearly a higher tier than the Mavs.

It will be interesting to see how the next game looks against the Clipps on Saturday.

Burke was way off tonight but Frank picked up the slack nicely.  Hopefully Dinwiddie can create shots for the second unit.  This has been the case for a while but Luka is the only one that can get easy shots, either for himself or others.  Everything else looks like a struggle.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 11:14 PM)cow Wrote: Hopefully Dinwiddie can create shots for the second unit

If he can be a legit 6th man, that would really, really help. I have my doubts, but I'm also hoping.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 11:14 PM)cow Wrote: Burke was way off tonight but Frank picked up the slack nicely.  Hopefully Dinwiddie can create shots for the second unit.  This has been the case for a while but Luka is the only one that can get easy shots, either for himself or others.  Everything else looks like a struggle.

Frank has been up and down, but for the most part I have liked what I have seen.  Minutes may be tough for him moving forward, but I hope he is in our plans for next year.  I have seen enough of him that I hope we continue to try to develop him.   I think his shot looks pretty smooth and he is playing with confidence.  He just needs to firm up some of the other parts of his game.

I was watching Dinwiddie Nets highlights and he can get to the basket.   Will be interesting to see if he has lost anything.  If true, that should help the unit when Luka is out to have two guys who can get into the lane.
  • cow
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 11:20 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Frank has been up and down, but for the most part I have liked what I have seen.  Minutes may be tough for him moving forward, but I hope he is in our plans for next year.  I have seen enough of him that I hope we continue to try to develop him.   I think his shot looks pretty smooth and he is playing with confidence.  He just needs to firm up some of the other parts of his game.

I was watching Dinwiddie Nets highlights and he can get to the basket.   Will be interesting to see if he has lost anything.  If true, that should help the unit when Luka is out to have two guys who can get into the lane.

Frank's won me over too.
Like Reply
Luka hates Terrence Mann so much that he dropped 51 points on his head to prove that he can't guard him.
Like Reply
Great performance by Luka. I still think he has to do too much for them to win. If he has a bad game, who's going to take the baton?
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 11:23 PM)RedFlag41 Wrote: Luka hates Terrence Mann so much that he dropped 51 points on his head to prove that he can't guard him.

To be honest, I thought Terrence Mann did a pretty decent job guarding Luka. 

Those 30 first quarter points were courtesy of Lue allowing Zubac to switch onto Luka, tbh.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 11:41 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: To be honest, I thought Terrence Mann did a pretty decent job guarding Luka. 

Those 30 first quarter points were courtesy of Lue allowing Zubac to switch onto Luka, tbh.
Why does he keep letting it happen lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branduil's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 11:10 PM)cow Wrote: Also noticed Dorian has his pinky and ring finger taped on his shooting hand.

This is at least the second game that's been the case as I noticed it in the Detroit game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Arioch's post:
  • cow
Like Reply
(02-11-2022, 01:53 AM)Arioch Wrote: This is at least the second game that's been the case as I noticed it in the Detroit game.

Jammed his finger going for a loose ball a few games ago. Came to the timeout huddle pulling on it and messing with it when it happened.
Like Reply
Great play here.   Maxi really fights for the offense rebound and kicks it to Jalen.  Jalen gets into the lane.   Josh Green makes a hard cut and then nice pace for an easy touch shot from Luka.

https://twitter.com/MavsDraft/status/149...5314721796

I am glad Green is getting minutes and I have been pleased with his play.   Although I was looking for the highlight where he scored on a layup in the second half.   It is the definition on why Green is so difficult for me to evaluate.  I couldn't find the video yet and wanted to watch it again.  He got the ball and made a strong powerful drive to the basket and got his defender on his back.   I was expecting either a big dunk or an easy lay in.   But it ending up being a really tough shot...that he made.   He looked like a 5'8 guy finishing though.   It is just weird with all his athleticism that it doesn't show a lot of times when he is driving to the basket....outside of the fast breaks where he thunders home a dunk.
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-11-2022, 12:28 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I am glad Green is getting minutes and I have been pleased with his play. 

Yeah, you came in hot with support for Green when you first started posting here. I tried to tell you it was a lost cause, and low and behold, you were right. 

I'm a pretty big believer in the kid's potential right now. It will be interesting to see how this trade affects his role.
Like Reply