Poll: Who do you think will win the game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Clippers
33.33%
2 33.33%
Mavericks
66.67%
4 66.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 56: LAC (27-29) vs. DAL (32-23) | Feb 10 7:30 pm | 105-112 WIN!
[Image: 1238309663.0.jpg]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
A chance to put the Clippers 3 games below .500 while getting us to 10 games over at the same time? Must win game.
[-] The following 3 users Like DrMav's post:
  • fifteenth, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Oh well, I have a feeling tonight may be rough with the recent move.   We will see.   Just seems really draining.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:53 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Oh well, I have a feeling tonight may be rough with the recent move.   We will see.   Just seems really draining.

OR! 

Perhaps its invigorating. I mean look, the Mavs have looked just fine without KP. The core guys pummeling teams have remained intact. In fact, this trade cements their roles. Hopefully they come and show us dumb fans we don't know what we're talking about and that we don't need KP.

At least I hope. I forgot what stage of grief I'm in right now.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:53 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Oh well, I have a feeling tonight may be rough with the recent move.   We will see.   Just seems really draining.

You might be right. I'm not sure I expect the team to care much about this at all - KP really isn't on the floor very consistently. How will tonight be that much different than the past week? 

Did you get the sense that he was well liked by the team? I never did, but that's all speculation either way, I suppose.
Like Reply

might actually be energizing for the guys
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
Look at what Dorian gave you at $4m a year.  Now think about what he'll do at $12m a year!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 04:43 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: OR! 

Perhaps its invigorating. I mean look, the Mavs have looked just fine without KP. The core guys pummeling teams have remained intact. In fact, this trade cements their roles. Hopefully they come and show us dumb fans we don't know what we're talking about and that we don't need KP.

At least I hope. I forgot what stage of grief I'm in right now.

Oh yeah. Losing to OKC and Orlando back to back right after KP took another break. We should still be able to beat these clowns though, Luka turned on super saiyan mode after those losses and I'm hoping he's still got that turned on
Like Reply
Just beat the Clippers and control Reggie Jackson.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ReunionMav's post:
  • Hypermav
Like Reply
I am preparing myself for the "we lost because KP is gone" outrage.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 08:05 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I am preparing myself for the "we lost because KP is gone" outrage.

I know we had a few hangers-on, but I think most people are generally happy with the decision to end the KP experiment.   How it came to an end is the debate.  Doesn't matter, Dorian isn't going to let us lose.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 08:15 PM)cow Wrote: Dorian isn't going to let us lose.

[Image: 200.gif]
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 08:15 PM)cow Wrote: I know we had a few hangers-on, but I think most people are generally happy with the decision to end the KP experiment.   How it came to an end is the debate.  Doesn't matter, Dorian isn't going to let us lose.

Good luck with that. The same people that told us KP for Ben Simmons straight up was a fair trade are now the people accusing you of being an unrealistic KP fanboy, because you think the trade value is crap.

That´s how so many here function. They basically change their opinion with the outcome of the Mavs actions.

Six hours ago Davis Bertans was the worst contract in the league, a human traffic cone with two ACL surgeries that had lost his shooting touch. Now he´s the best Latvian player.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 08:05 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I am preparing myself for the "we lost because KP is gone" outrage.

No. That will only happen after we lose a game where Dinwiddie shot 2-12 and Bertans goes 0-7 from 3 in 16 minutes. 

THEN there'll be outrage.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 08:26 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Good luck with that. The same people that told us KP for Ben Simmons straight up was a fair trade are now the people accusing you of being an unrealistic KP fanboy, because you think the trade value is crap.

That´s how so many here function. They basically change their opinion with the outcome of the Mavs actions.

Six hours ago Davis Bertans was the worst contract in the league, a human traffic cone with two ACL surgeries that had lost his shooting touch. Now he´s the best Latvian player.

Don't take it serious bro, bro.  I think most of us are fairly objective on most things not related to God King.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 08:26 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: That´s how so many here function. They basically change their opinion with the outcome of the Mavs actions.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm pretty proud that I'm able to change my opinion as more information becomes available. I think people's struggle to do that these days is one of modern society's biggest problems. 

Maybe some people form opinions based on what the Mavs do/don't do, as you suggest. I try to read between the lines and make calculated observations on what must've been possible/not possible, based on what happens. And maybe I get some things wrong! Maybe lots of things!

But what I don't do is make myself angry about something I have literally no power over. A source of entertainment, no less. Maybe it's just your writing style that's making me think this (apologies if I'm misinterpreting) but your stuff today is starting to make me feel like you're angry with some of us. I don't get how that could possibly be the case, so it's puzzling. We didn't do this, we're just talking about it!
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Jommybone, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Coming back to the game. Another ballhandler cannot arrive fast enough. Really hope that Dinwinddie isn´t as bad as I expect him to be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Well the team certainly doesn’t seem depressed. The offense hasn’t really looked great so far, however.

Kidd saying they’re going to stick with this Luka/Brunson/Bullock/DFS/Powell lineup for a while to see if it keeps succeeding. 

@"omahen" called it!

Call me crazy, but Luka looks happier out there to me.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 08:40 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm pretty proud that I'm able to change my opinion as more information becomes available. I think people's struggle to do that these days is one of modern society's biggest problems. 

Maybe some people form opinions based on what the Mavs do/don't do, as you suggest. I try to read between the lines and make calculated observations on what must've been possible/not possible, based on what happens. And maybe I get some things wrong! Maybe lots of things!

But what I don't do is make myself angry about something I have literally no power over. A source of entertainment, no less. Maybe it's just your writing style that's making me think this (apologies if I'm misinterpreting) but your stuff today is starting to make me feel like you're angry with some of us. I don't get how that could possibly be the case, so it's puzzling. We didn't do this, we're just talking about it!

People can get heated about what they care about.  There were a lot of ways to peel the KP potato and a lot of the conversation has been centered around there being two choices.  And it's not like being a Mavericks fan has been easy for the last decade because of the owner.  We can argue how they got to this step, but I do see getting off a KP as a positive even if I view the trade is a negative.  MBT2.0 have a lot of trust to earn back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
What is it about Zubac that gets Luka so excited?
Like Reply