Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching and Carlisle - Mavs X and O
It's time for tags like in reddit then. [Serious]
Like Reply
(12-07-2019, 08:43 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 08:28 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 08:21 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: I don't like it when people start getting rude and trying to put others down. Especially when the poster could learn something by paying attention instead of attacking. It's an inherent risk with the internet, but I thought we had been doing a pretty good job at civil discourse, especially in this new forum.

I think we're doing pretty well. I hope we can skew towards kindness more often than not. But, To be fair to M2019, I did make a joke at his expense.

There is a pattern here Smile. Let's not get it derailed again. Or get it back in the troll cave.
How about that RC coaching job! Top 2 coach when he gets a team he likes and that like him.
Like Reply
(12-07-2019, 08:54 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: How about that RC coaching job! Top 2 coach when he gets a team he likes and that like him.
I think Rick deserves a ton of credit for the team coming together like it has. And for Luka's amazing development. And for trusting his players maybe more than we have come to expect. He has a stubborn side, but he has had to do a lot of adapting himself with this group. I'll bet it's exciting to be part of that locker room!
Like Reply
(12-07-2019, 09:10 PM)mavsluvr Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 08:54 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: How about that RC coaching job! Top 2 coach when he gets a team he likes and that like him.
I think Rick deserves a ton of credit for the team coming together like it has. And for Luka's amazing development. And for trusting his players maybe more than we have come to expect. He has a stubborn side, but he has had to do a lot of adapting himself with this group. I'll bet it's exciting to be part of that locker room!
RC and Luka save all butts. The rest are for sure doing their part though. Powell’s after practice interview was pretty spot on going hand in hand with your comments.
Like Reply
Imagine the meltdown on this board if RC wins COTY. Right now he is in the top 4 in most rankings. It´s between him Spoelstra, Stevens and Nurse.
Like Reply
(12-07-2019, 09:57 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Imagine the meltdown on this board if RC wins COTY. Right now he is in the top 4 in most rankings. It´s between him Spoelstra, Stevens and Nurse.
LOL, yeah, you're probably right. It's certainly within the realm of possibility. I would be tickled.
Like Reply
Quote:dirkfansince1998Imagine the meltdown on this board if RC wins COTY. Right now he is in the top 4 in most rankings. It´s between him Spoelstra, Stevens and Nurse.

Why would there be a meltdown?

Rick is a great coach, who has some flaws like all great coaches. It also feels like he has adapted a little this season. Or he´s just a little less grumpy, when he has some actual basketball talent around. Big Grin  He has scaled back on his TO meltdowns, and we are still #1 in TOs. He has benched veterans JJB and Lee, despite them shooting like 70% from three.

Doesn´t change the fact that the front office needs to be very smart about the roster construction now. Malik Beasley, Davis Bertans, Juan Hernangomez, Harry Giles could be some younger players to target for the summer.

Smaller contracts with upside that could be packaged, when we make our move. Important to sign players with re-trade value (and not dinosaurs), when we don´t have that much in terms of tradeable assets right now.

Everything should be focused on getting that 3rd guy. It´s not about making short-term improvements to reach the 2nd or 3rd round this year. It´s about looking like the 2017 Warriors, when Luka turns 22 or 23.

I know everybody has their eyes on Giannis for 2021, but I think there might be another interesting, more obtainable, option. [Image: 3875adb387db9c980454391314782700]
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 03:54 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: there might be another interesting, more obtainable, option

I don't think he is the fit we need - we already have our defensive anchor. If we discuss FA pipedreams not named Giannis, I am picking Oladipo. But I would prefer to build team through trades
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 05:54 AM)omahen Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 03:54 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: there might be another interesting, more obtainable, option

I don't think he is the fit we need - we already have our defensive anchor. If we discuss FA pipedreams not named Giannis, I am picking Oladipo. But I would prefer to build team through trades
Well I also traded Porzingis for Smart/Brown, but left it out, cause everybody would have thrown a hissy-fit and only focused on that part. Big Grin

I agree about Oladipo, but it freaks me out that he´s now out almost a full year and you still hear nothing about a return timetable.
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 03:54 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: I know everybody has their eyes on Giannis for 2021, but I think there might be another interesting, more obtainable, option. [Image: 3875adb387db9c980454391314782700]
Have been saying that for couple of weeks now. Gobert is the guy we should be focusing on in 2021. 
I think he will be great fit here and will allow the team to be a nightmare at both ends of the floor.
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 03:54 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Why would there be a meltdown?

Some folks on the forum think he's no good
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 11:55 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 03:54 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Why would there be a meltdown?

Some folks on the forum think he's no good
Also, some folks think there are more posters that think he’s no good than there are. That leads them to this conclusion.
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 11:39 AM)khaled1987 Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 03:54 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: I know everybody has their eyes on Giannis for 2021, but I think there might be another interesting, more obtainable, option. [Image: 3875adb387db9c980454391314782700]
Have been saying that for couple of weeks now. Gobert is the guy we should be focusing on in 2021. 
I think he will be great fit here and will allow the team to be a nightmare at both ends of the floor.

KP has the potential to be just as good if not better than Golbert defensively 
Honestly it's more on the offensive end that worries me with KP. Will he ever embrace easy cuts to the basket over forced fadeaways over guards? 

But anyway I'm sure the Golbert fit would be ok but i dont think getting another defensive anchor is really a huge need. Would kinda negate the biggest KP positive if he's now forced to patrol the outside
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 12:10 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Also, some folks think there are more posters that think he’s no good than there are. That leads them to this conclusion.

How could anyone even know that
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 02:09 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 12:10 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Also, some folks think there are more posters that think he’s no good than there are. That leads them to this conclusion.

How could anyone even know that
The same way someone could know the OP. Also, following the conversation and seeing maybe one or two loud posters mixed in with criticism that seems to be grouped into the “other” side is a good start on getting to know that.
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 02:20 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: The same way someone could know the OP. Also, following the conversation and seeing maybe one or two loud posters mixed in with criticism that seems to be grouped into the “other” side is a good start on getting to know that.

You didn't hear Kip voice?

The idea that some folks might not be happy for Rick because they think he's a bad coach doesn't say anything about how many folks think that. I personally can only think of a very few.

I mean, tons of folks who get mad at Rick would still be happy for him to win COTY I think
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 02:26 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 02:20 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: The same way someone could know the OP. Also, following the conversation and seeing maybe one or two loud posters mixed in with criticism that seems to be grouped into the “other” side is a good start on getting to know that.

The idea that some folks might not be happy for Rick because they think he's a bad coach doesn't say anything about how many folks think that. I personally can only think of a very few.

I mean, tons of folks who get mad at Rick would still be happy for him to win COTY I think
No, the idea that the board would melt down does speak to a general number though.
Like Reply
He said "meltdown on this board" not "the board would melt down" *shrug*

Are you nitpicking the OP, am I nitpicking you, is the OP nitpicking the Rick dislikers, has today's game started yet?

And you really didn't hear Kip voice?
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 02:35 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:

No, the idea that the board would melt down does speak to a general number though.
Just re-read the op and I have to say, my bad, I read it to say the board would meltdown.

(12-08-2019, 02:42 PM)fifteenth Wrote: And you really didn't hear Kip voice?
Not familiar with this term.
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 02:42 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 02:35 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:

Just re-read the op and I have to say, my bad, I read it to say the board would meltdown.

(12-08-2019, 02:42 PM)fifteenth Wrote: And you really didn't hear Kip voice?
Not familiar with this term.

Who are you referring to with OP?
Like Reply