• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching and Carlisle - Mavs X and O
Smile 
http://m.espn.com/general/play?id=28066291
Like Reply
http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=40139
Like Reply
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/dv...team_that/

"The Dallas Mavericks are the only NBA team that hasn’t played the same 5-man lineup together for at least 30 minutes this season."
Like Reply
(11-12-2019, 04:44 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Pickle Rick: All Things Carlisle - Lets call him Tinkerbell

downvote
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 04:38 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 04:44 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Pickle Rick: All Things Carlisle - Lets call him Tinkerbell

downvote

Goblin Tinker? It's all in good faith.
Like Reply
I really hate the whole concept of questioning Rick at this point. He has 9 legitimate candidates for playing time behind Luka and KP and he is playing them. It will take time. Why can't we just watch with great interest and comment on the progress of these guys instead of thinking that we are somehow better qualified to coach. 

Every one of these guys is subject to spending time on the bench. But, they all have massive opportunity. How they respond is up to them. When they get their opportunities is not. 

As for the thread, why can't we just call him Coach, like every other respectful ball player does.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 05:32 PM)Reunion Mav Wrote: I really hate the whole concept of questioning Rick at this point. He has 9 legitimate candidates for playing time behind Luka and KP and he is playing them. It will take time. Why can't we just watch with great interest and comment on the progress of these guys instead of thinking that we are somehow better qualified to coach. 

Every one of these guys is subject to spending time on the bench. But, they all have massive opportunity. How they respond is up to them. When they get their opportunities is not. 

As for the thread, why can't we just call him Coach, like every other respectful ball player does.

Why is this even negative for you? I mean that's simply what he does. It's an explanation for all the new fans.

It is his style. He just tinkers 20-30 games each season.

That brings good and bad things with it.

Pickle Rick is from Rick and Morty, just a funny mad scientist. Rick has been called that in a positive way before.

It's fun, it's not even trolling.
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 05:32 PM)Reunion Mav Wrote: I really hate the whole concept of questioning Rick at this point. He has 9 legitimate candidates for playing time behind Luka and KP and he is playing them. It will take time. Why can't we just watch with great interest and comment on the progress of these guys instead of thinking that we are somehow better qualified to coach. 

I mean, I think there are things that he isn't doing well, he himself will say that and has. I also think we've seen this merry-go-round year after year. How much do people expect from him when he's given a mostly new group every year to work with? Every year he has to build from scratch instead of building from last year's successes. I will say, this isn't the year to solidify the roster as-is and see what we got for a few years, but it really is what it is. I have a hard time blaming him for any of that.
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 05:40 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Why is this even negative for you? I mean that's simply what he does. It's an explanation for all the new fans.

Pickle Rick is from Rick and Morty, just a funny mad scientist. Rick has been called that in a positive way before.

What's Rick and Morty? 

In American English, those things are confusing, but might cause someone to think: 

"Pickle Rick" is a sentence which means to put Rick through the pickling process.

Calling someone "tinkerbell" is to call them effeminate. 

amiright?
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 05:40 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: It's fun, it's not even trolling.

I appreciate the references from which you post this. I guess I missed the fun and instead concluded you were posting at Rick's expense. Trolling is a broad term which I have never used. It is too broad and to much of an accusation where just like this, I didn't get where you were coming from. 

I still prefer to support Rick and just leave coaching this team to Coach.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 05:45 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 05:40 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Why is this even negative for you? I mean that's simply what he does. It's an explanation for all the new fans.

What's Rick and Morty? 

In American English, those things are confusing, but might cause someone to think: 

"Pickle Rick" is a sentence which means to put Rick through the pickling process.

amiright?

Pickle Rick is literally a Mad Genius Scientist who transformed into a Pickle. It's the most famous episode of the adult swim cartoon Rick and Morty.

https://youtu.be/XSqi5s3rfqk

Tinkerbell isn't to effeminate him, it's just exaggerating his tinkering, it is only a word play for me.

Whatever I'll refrain from depictions like this, seems to delicate for some. Have more faith in people.
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 06:12 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 05:45 PM)fifteenth Wrote:

What's Rick and Morty? 

amiright?

Pickle Rick is literally a Mad Genius Scientist who transformed into a Pickle. It's the most famous episode of the adult swim cartoon Rick and Morty.

https://youtu.be/XSqi5s3rfqk

Tinkerbell isn't to effeminate him, it's just exaggerating his tinkering, it is only a word play for me.

Whatever I'll refrain from depictions like this, seems to delicate for some. Have more faith in people.

Don't post for me. I just didn't get your references.
Like Reply
Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) Tweeted:

Rick Carlisle: "I was a player in this league. I played for the Knicks. I'm well aware of the different kinds of distractions that are here in New York." @dallasmavs @NBA #Mavs https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/11...74817?s=20
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 07:01 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) Tweeted:

Rick Carlisle: "I was a player in this league. I played for the Knicks. I'm well aware of the different kinds of distractions that are here in New York." @dallasmavs @NBA #Mavs https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/11...74817?s=20

At this point, there better not be any distractions for this team.  If RC is allowing or condoning distractions, then he should just resign.  Losing twice inside one week to the Knicks is not acceptable.
Like Reply
You think a NBA coach can dictate to multimillionaire athletes what to do in their free time? This ain’t college bro. They’re pros. 90% of these dudes are out having a good time on the road. The goat MJ was notorious for it.
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 07:17 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: You think a NBA coach can dictate to multimillionaire athletes what to do in their free time? This ain’t college bro. They’re pros. 90% of these dudes are out having a good time on the road. The goat MJ was notorious for it.
Harden watches women perform on a stage usually with a pole in the center...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 07:24 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 07:17 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: You think a NBA coach can dictate to multimillionaire athletes what to do in their free time? This ain’t college bro. They’re pros. 90% of these dudes are out having a good time on the road. The goat MJ was notorious for it.
Harden watches women perform on a stage usually with a pole in the center...

Half the Cowboys team is at the strip club.  It's just that on game night, they leave at midnight instead of 4am.  That's being a pro lol.
Like Reply
I'm open to most of his tinkering but it's hard to defend Courtney Lee playing a single minute outside of garbage time. He's toasted 
Easily our worst player 
Wright playing such weird, inconsistent minutes also baffles me. I thought he'd be in 1st or 2nd in mpg. I guess there's some stuff happening behind the scenes we're missing. I just hope he gets a run of 32 mpg for around 10 to 15 games soon so we can see what we have. He shows some great flashes then just disappears on both ends for a couple quarters. 

Correct those 2 things and I'm open to tinkering everywhere else
Like Reply
(11-12-2019, 04:44 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: http://m.espn.com/general/play?id=28066291

Quite interesting stuff in here: Rick basically admits, he avoids running KP/Doncic pick´n rolls, because he wants to avoid the switch happening. So that means he has neither much confidence in KP punishing a smaller guy (as he shouldn´t, given KP´s play) nor does he like Luka going up against tall guys, which suggests that he isn´t too much into Luka´s stepbacks..
Like Reply
I've seen enough. I don't care if they win the next 10 by lucky contested pull-up threes.

There is just no excuse.

Luka shoots mainly shitty 3s, Hardaway, Brunson, Porzingis.

All of them hit their spot up 3s at a great clip.

I think Carlisle does a lot of great things, but that gameplan is just stupid. Maybe it is not even his idea, whoever pushes for this.

Do you watch the game? Can you read stats properly?

Not every 3 is a good shot!
Like Reply