Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching and Carlisle - Mavs X and O
(12-04-2019, 12:04 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: If we continue our form, do you think he has a chance on COY?

I heard some media member ask this question sometime in the last couple of days
Like Reply
Reggie Miller had him in second currently for COY behind Toronto's coach and ahead of the Sun's coach.
Like Reply
Yeah it´s kinda funny. Basically the criticism of the people that allegedly hated Carlisle and the MBT were....

Start prioritizing the draft, we need more talent. Stop playing all the midgets. Stop playing dinosaurs. Give minutes to young, hungry  AND athletic players. 

Hmmmm...

No player over 29 in the main rotation. One of the biggest starting fives in the league. Drafted superstar, swung trade for 2nd piece using lottery picks (player+assets).

"Haters" coming through with the correct plan. Big Grin
Like Reply
(12-05-2019, 01:30 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Yeah it´s kinda funny. Basically the criticism of the people that allegedly hated Carlisle and the MBT were....

Start prioritizing the draft, we need more talent. Stop playing all the midgets. Stop playing dinosaurs. Give minutes to young, hungry  AND athletic players. 

Hmmmm...

No player over 29 in the main rotation. One of the biggest starting fives in the league. Drafted superstar, swung trade for 2nd piece using lottery picks (player+assets).

I'm with you on the prioritizing the draft part, but not sure how Rick could have played players who weren't on the roster.
Like Reply
(12-05-2019, 09:12 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 01:30 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Yeah it´s kinda funny. Basically the criticism of the people that allegedly hated Carlisle and the MBT were....

Hmmmm...

I'm with you on the prioritizing the draft part, but not sure how Rick could have played players who weren't on the roster.
 Well they decided to sign a washed DeAndre Jordan for 23M. Same summer....

Capela 18
Favors 18
Nurkic 12
Harrell 6
Baynes 5
Brook Lopez 3.4

Sign Nurkic, Capela or Harrell and we could have saved ourselves 1-2 first rounders in the Porzingis trade, IF we still felt the need to do it. Such wasteful decisions won´t cut it, when trying to build that championship roster around Luka.
Like Reply
(12-05-2019, 02:52 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Such wasteful decisions won´t cut it, when trying to build that championship roster around Luka.

My guess is that if we win a championship, you'll find a way to say that the MBT sucks right up until the whistle blows on that 16th playoff win. 

"If we had kept Crowder and he had survived the rebuild we would have won this championship while only suffering 6 losses instead of 8!!"
Like Reply
(12-05-2019, 02:52 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 09:12 AM)fifteenth Wrote:

Hmmmm...

Well they decided to sign a washed DeAndre Jordan for 23M. Same summer....

Capela 18
Favors 18
Nurkic 12
Harrell 6
Baynes 5
Brook Lopez 3.4

Sign Nurkic, Capela or Harrell and we could have saved ourselves 1-2 first rounders in the Porzingis trade, IF we still felt the need to do it. Such wasteful decisions won´t cut it, when trying to build that championship roster around Luka.

I'm just glad we didnt sign DeAndre to a 4 year deal like I was advocating
Like Reply
(12-05-2019, 02:56 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 02:52 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Such wasteful decisions won´t cut it, when trying to build that championship roster around Luka.

My guess is that if we win a championship, you'll find a way to say that the MBT sucks right up until the whistle blows on that 16th playoff win. 

"If we had kept Crowder and he had survived the rebuild we would have won this championship while only suffering 6 losses instead of 8!!"
Blah Blah Blah.
Like Reply
(12-05-2019, 04:26 PM)Jym Wrote: I'm just glad we didnt sign DeAndre to a 4 year deal like I was advocating

Nets did it AFTER they saw him in Dallas. Now that was smart :-)
Like Reply
(12-05-2019, 04:37 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: omahen
NBA Player

Author's Statistic:
(12-05-2019, 04:37 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:

Blah Blah Blah.

Yeah, Blah Blah Blah, except he's right, you know.
Like Reply
(12-05-2019, 05:15 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Blah Blah Blah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05hqVV6xnmo
Like Reply
(12-04-2019, 09:47 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Oh look, the Coach thread came back  Big Grin
Did it ever go away?
Like Reply
https://youtu.be/hgOdTLie5BU
Like Reply
(12-05-2019, 04:37 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:

Blah Blah Blah.
There should be a rule about blah-blah-blahing fifteenth. Outrageous. So disrespectful. 

Dodgy
Like Reply
(12-07-2019, 08:09 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: There should be a rule about blah-blah-blahing fifteenth. Outrageous. So disrespectful. 

LOL, nah, I'm sure I deserve it sometimes...just not when I'm defending Rick! :-)
Like Reply
(12-07-2019, 08:14 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 08:09 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: There should be a rule about blah-blah-blahing fifteenth. Outrageous. So disrespectful. 

LOL, nah, I'm sure I deserve it sometimes...just not when I'm defending Rick!  :-)
I don't like it when people start getting rude and trying to put others down. Especially when the poster could learn something by paying attention instead of attacking (which probably includes all of us, tbh). It's an inherent risk with the internet, but I thought we had been doing a pretty good job at civil discourse, especially in this new forum.
Like Reply
(12-07-2019, 08:21 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: I don't like it when people start getting rude and trying to put others down. Especially when the poster could learn something by paying attention instead of attacking. It's an inherent risk with the internet, but I thought we had been doing a pretty good job at civil discourse, especially in this new forum.

I think we're doing pretty well. I hope we can skew towards kindness more often than not. But, To be fair to M2019, I did make a joke at his expense.
Like Reply
(12-07-2019, 08:28 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 08:21 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: I don't like it when people start getting rude and trying to put others down. Especially when the poster could learn something by paying attention instead of attacking. It's an inherent risk with the internet, but I thought we had been doing a pretty good job at civil discourse, especially in this new forum.

I think we're doing pretty well. I hope we can skew towards kindness more often than not. But, To be fair to M2019, I did make a joke at his expense.
Ya, I had to re-read the exchange after reading mavsluvr’s post. In this convo, first blood was dealt from Fif, not mavs2019. In fact, I thought the blah,blah,blah was a perfect response, that doesn’t really fire back anything of significance.

For sure none of it is fully “civil”, but a little rowdy here and there never hurt many.
Like Reply

There is a pattern here Smile. Let's not get it derailed again. Or get it back in the troll cave.
Like Reply

Even if you had it coming, I still don't have to like it. I would have been fine with it if he had made a witty retort, though, even if it had been a little on the snarky side. Good-natured repartee is well within limits. Who knows, maybe he thought he was being funny, and it just didn't come across that way. I'm not holding a grudge or anything, lol.
Like Reply