Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching and Carlisle - Mavs X and O
(11-18-2019, 08:44 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Some of those reactions are definitely hilarious.

What personally offends me more are the takes throwing reasonable, grounded critical positions in the same bus with the overreactions.

Seems like you might be taking offense to some stuff that's not directed at you. I jumped into the game thread at the end of the last loss, read a bunch of posts like Halfnir's example above, and called it toxic. Sleepinghero engaged me in a back and forth and we had a productive conversation that facilitated both of us being able to flesh out what we were thinking. As a counterexample to Sleepinghero, your response to what I posted in the game thread was to follow me around the site making strange, semi-personal snypes.
Like Reply
(11-18-2019, 09:48 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 08:44 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Some of those reactions are definitely hilarious.

What personally offends me more are the takes throwing reasonable, grounded critical positions in the same bus with the overreactions.

Seems like you might be taking offense to some stuff that's not directed at you. I jumped into the game thread at the end of the last loss, read a bunch of posts like Halfnir's example above, and called it toxic. Sleepinghero engaged me in a back and forth and we had a productive conversation that facilitated both of us being able to flesh out what we were thinking. As a counterexample to Sleepinghero, your response to what I posted in the game thread was to follow me around the site making strange, semi-personal snypes.

Might be the case.

Was definitely annoyed by your takes, maybe it was because I found some of them being counter positions without adding anything, finding them in almost every thread that day. Felt like you had an agenda on one day pushing anti positions to posters you didn't agree with.
Was definitely passive aggressive as a reaction to my impression. 

Definitely commended some of your more flashed out posts as well though. I think you have stopped pushing your agenda and being more substantial in your posts again.

We all are rarely as one-sided as our posts make us look, or as we perceive the posts of others.
Like Reply
(11-18-2019, 12:51 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Might be the case.

Was definitely annoyed by your takes, maybe it was because I found some of them being counter positions without adding anything, finding them in almost every thread that day. Felt like you had an agenda on one day pushing anti positions to posters you didn't agree with.

Definitely commended some of your more flashed out posts as well though. I think you have stopped pushing your agenda and being more substantial in your posts again.

We all are rarely as one-sided as our posts make us look, or as we perceive the posts of others.

I'm comfortable with what I add, you don't have to be. 

My "agenda" was to participate in the conversation that night. At the time that I jumped in the fray I was about the only person arguing my point of view and I ended up responding to and interacting with multiple people who had responded to my initial posts. I have a hard time characterizing that as "pushing an agenda". 

And whatever I was doing that night, I haven't stopped doing it, in the sense that, if that conversation were to happen again I'd probably add my two-cents again. 

Address my content all you want (for that matter snype at me all you want), but if you want discussion about the content, the personal snypes won't help to facilitate that. Even your "praise"  (and even this post I'm responding to) has veiled personal commentary.
Like Reply
(11-18-2019, 01:23 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 12:51 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Might be the case.

I'm comfortable with what I add, you don't have to be. 

My "agenda" was to participate in the conversation that night. At the time that I jumped in the fray I was about the only person arguing my point of view and I ended up responding to and interacting with multiple people who had responded to my initial posts. I have a hard time characterizing that as "pushing an agenda". 

And whatever I was doing that night, I haven't stopped doing it, in the sense that, if that conversation were to happen again I'd probably add my two-cents again. 

Address my content all you want (for that matter snype at me all you want), but if you want discussion about the content, the personal snypes won't help to facilitate that. Even your "praise"  (and even this post I'm responding to) has veiled personal commentary.

It wasn't mainly.  in the game threads.
You don't even understand the hypocrisy of complaining about complaints? Or you just don't care, must be a nice position to be in, if that's the case.

Im not even sniping at you.

I'm totally cool with you talking about actual basketball, even if you have a different opinion. That's not the point. I appreciate these takes.

P.s. feel free to close this thread as it got derailed by now.
Like Reply
Well, we're both pretty dug in. My bad in perpetuating the conversation. 

This is one of the problems with me being a mod! LOL. I'm not rep-ing the site in these conversations (or in my Mavs opinions). And I'm definately not rep-ing the site well (if someone sees me as a rep) in getting in a little spat with a fellow poster. 

My bad for that too. 

Being honest Psych, you got to me with the personal stuff. 

My bad for that too.
Like Reply
(11-18-2019, 02:22 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Well, we're both pretty dug in. My bad in perpetuating the conversation. 

This is one of the problems with me being a mod! LOL. I'm not rep-ing the site in these conversations (or in my Mavs opinions). And I'm definately not rep-ing the site well (if someone sees me as a rep) in getting in a little spat with a fellow poster. 

My bad for that too. 

My bad for that too.

No problem. Doesn't feel like you are acting as a mod in this conversation.

I'm also willing to let things go. For me it was not as personal as you might have thought. And personally, I don't feel like it ever went ugly.

Next time we should use PM's though.
Like Reply
(11-18-2019, 02:32 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 02:22 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Well, we're both pretty dug in. My bad in perpetuating the conversation. 

My bad for that too. 

My bad for that too.

Haha, no problem. Doesn't feel like you are acting as a mod in this conversation.

I'm also willing to let things go. For me it was not as personal as you might have thought. And personally, I don't feel like it ever went ugly.

works for me
Like Reply
(11-18-2019, 02:34 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 02:32 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote:

My bad for that too. 

My bad for that too.

Haha, no problem. Doesn't feel like you are acting as a mod in this conversation.

works for me
So close this civil hellhole Smile and push it to the troll cave.
Like Reply
(11-18-2019, 02:36 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: So close this civil hellhole Smile and push it to the troll cave.

It would be my first action as a mod. Only, I don't know how to do it. Maybe I can figure it out. Let's see.

It would be fitting for my first action as a mod to be moderating me.
Like Reply
(11-18-2019, 02:46 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 02:36 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: So close this civil hellhole Smile and push it to the troll cave.

It would be my first action as a mod. Only, I don't know how to do it. Maybe I can figure it out. Let's see.

It would be fitting for my first action as a mod to be moderating me.

Made me chuckle thanks!
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]

I'm a real mod now!
Like Reply
(11-18-2019, 02:58 PM)fifteenth Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

I'm a real mod now!

That movie though  Big Grin
Like Reply
(11-18-2019, 02:50 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Made me chuckle thanks!

OK Psych, now that we're in the Troll Cave we can fight all we want. Bring it on!

Like Reply
https://giphy.com/gifs/reactiongifs-RmWrAFLqhUtdm
Like Reply
you gotta "copy link" and paste it in the "insert an image" tool from the toolbox above. It will ask for a width, I usually put in 400.

Like Reply
https://giphy.com/gifs/14nhUitvMggvAc

Didn't work
Like Reply
I can see that gif!
Like Reply
Yeah it's the automatic embed plugin which sometimes loads and sometimes it doesn't.
Like Reply
Oh look, the Coach thread came back  Big Grin
Like Reply
If we continue our form, do you think he has a chance on COY?
Like Reply