Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire Carlisle
(09-19-2019, 09:36 AM)robillionaire Wrote: I'm just kidding, just wanted to be the first one on the new board to make the suggestion

But if the mavs somehow miss the playoffs again what are the odds carlisle is fired? I think the expectations are going to be a little higher this year.

That escalated quickly.
Like Reply
while the original start to the thread was a joke....The rest of this thread is the exact reason I've not been invested in this community much anymore. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too negative around here still.
Like Reply
(02-11-2020, 07:31 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: while the original start to the thread was a joke....The rest of this thread is the exact reason I've not been invested in this community much anymore. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too negative around here still.

Liked by the guy who thinks Luka's going to leave before we can even offer him his first max contract with matching rights. Hard to top that for negativity.
Like Reply
I was just playing about Ty Lue lol
Like Reply
Let me put it like this: if somebody had told you in October, that the Mavs would have a whooping nine-game cushion to the lottery at the all-star break, anyone on this board would've taken it in a second...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ChrisPalmerNBA/statu...0576563207
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(02-14-2020, 10:32 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/ChrisPalmerNBA/statu...0576563207
Zion is not the rookie of the year. He's only played a 1/5 of the season or so. Ja Morant is a damn good player and his team is currently top 8 in the West. Also how in the world is Siakam not the favorite for most improved player?
Like Reply
(02-14-2020, 11:24 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote:  Also how in the world is Siakam not the favorite for most improved player?

Graham made the biggest jump. From zero to hero. Siakam improved and became undisputed leader. But, Luka improved more, if you ask me - from borderline all star to superstar top 5 player.
Like Reply
(02-14-2020, 11:26 AM)omahen Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 11:24 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote:  Also how in the world is Siakam not the favorite for most improved player?

Graham made the biggest jump. From zero to hero. Siakam improved and became undisputed leader. But, Luka improved more, if you ask me - from borderline all star to superstar top 5 player.
I can't really argue that.
Like Reply
(02-14-2020, 11:26 AM)omahen Wrote: Graham made the biggest jump. From zero to hero. Siakam improved and became undisputed leader. But, Luka improved more, if you ask me - from borderline all star to superstar top 5 player.

Hero? Graham shoots well below 40% from the field on a garbage team. He is an inefficient chucker, lots of guards can do what he's doing. 

Luka has a case but he was always a highly regarded prospect; his current level of play was to be expected at some point. It's just no body expected it to happen in year 2. 

Siakam, on the other hand, no one expected to be this good imo. He also went from all star caliber player to superstar. But he won the award last season so it'd be funny if he won it back-to-back.

My MIP vote would go to Bam Adebayo; Morant - ROY; Giannis - MVP; Vogel or Nurse - COY.
Like Reply
(02-14-2020, 01:54 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 11:26 AM)omahen Wrote: Graham made the biggest jump. From zero to hero. Siakam improved and became undisputed leader. But, Luka improved more, if you ask me - from borderline all star to superstar top 5 player.

Hero? Graham shoots well below 40% from the field on a garbage team. He is an inefficient chucker, lots of guards can do what he's doing. 

Luka has a case but he was always a highly regarded prospect; his current level of play was to be expected at some point. It's just no body expected it to happen in year 2. 

Siakam, on the other hand, no one expected to be this good imo. He also went from all star caliber player to superstar. But he won the award last season so it'd be funny if he won it back-to-back.

My MIP vote would go to Bam Adebayo; Morant - ROY; Giannis - MVP; Vogel or Nurse - COY.
I forgot about Bam. I agree with your picks, but could see MIP being Bam or Siakam to be honest. Like you said Graham is on a terrible team. Bam and Siakam are on really good teams thanks to their play.
Like Reply