Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 0.5 pt RAPTOR & 2.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
60.00%
3 60.00%
Kings
40.00%
2 40.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
GAME 34: DAL (16-18) @ SAC (15-21) | 94-95 loss
Green with a fantastic third with energy.   Key player as Mavs got back into game.  Final 2 minutes of third are important.  In the fourth, we need KP to make baskets.
Like Reply
Green has mastered the move where he drives from the corner sucks the defense in and spin passes it back to the guy who has taken his place in the corner. It’s a really neat trick. Now, if he can just learn that he needs to pull the trigger when the shot is there in the first place, he might have a legitimate claim to NBA rotation minutes.

It’s not even that he misses the shots, it’s that he won’t shoot when he’s open.
Like Reply
Green can't shoot PERIOD.!!
Like Reply
(12-30-2021, 12:15 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Green can't shoot PERIOD.!!

Maybe, maybe not. All I know is he should have just taken that corner three right there. Open shots are hard to come by and turning them down makes it hard for others to get them.
Like Reply
Now the classic Mav forth quarter in a close game.   Less than 20 points?   We need KP to carry us.   Jalen did a good job in the third scoring but we need KP to bring us home.   

Last few possessions were sloppy.....we had a good chance to take a lead going into the fourth.
Like Reply
It is interesting to me how quick the Mavericks starters are to defer to IT. His reputation must have some weight. I am not sure that’s going to play out very well tonight given how rusty he looks.
Like Reply
(12-30-2021, 12:17 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Maybe, maybe not. All I know is he should have just taken that corner three right there. Open shots are hard to come by and turning them down makes it hard for others to get them.

Shooting is the first thing he needs to work on in the off season. He plays with energy, but he has to be able to score.
Like Reply
(12-30-2021, 12:20 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Shooting is the first thing he needs to work on in the off season. He plays with energy, but he has to be able to score.

Oh, I don’t disagree. I want him to be able to hit shots, too. To start with, though, it seems like he should be brave enough to actually take them!
Like Reply
wasnt crazy with taking KP out there.  He looked to be in a good rhythm.  Would have liked to see that for a few more minutes.  Also don't like Powell as the single big.   Next few minutes are big.

(12-30-2021, 12:20 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Shooting is the first thing he needs to work on in the off season. He plays with energy, but he has to be able to score.

Shooting definitely needs to improve.  I am more concerned about him not being able to create space off the dribble and scoring at the rim.   I think he is eventually a solid open three point shooter....I think.  Not sure how such a good athlete can look so average trying to score off the dribble though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-30-2021, 12:29 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: wasnt crazy with taking KP out there.  He looked to be in a good rhythm.  Would have liked to see that for a few more minutes.  Also don't like Powell as the single big.   Next few minutes are big.

In theory, it should help them recover from the paint to the three-point line a little bit better. I’m sure Coach kid is as sick as I am of seeing #7 (Mettu?) shoot those luxuriously open 3’s. 

I agree, this next few minutes are probably for the game.

One big…spacing…open corner 3. 

SHOCKING

DFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like Reply
Haliburton has a funky looking shot, but it goes in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Short rest for KP

@"Kammrath" loves KP as a cutter.
Like Reply
Powell is a disaster out there and the Kings know it. They are attacking him and know he is a non-factor on offense
Like Reply
Duuuuuumb foul by Bagley

Good D by KP on Barnes.

Nice hard foul on holmes there, too. Could’ve lived without him getting pantsed by Halliburton to create all that havoc though.
Like Reply
Fox going downhill is scary.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Brunson reaaaally should have gotten that one to go. He created exactly what he was trying to create.
Like Reply
Brunson is going to get paid by somebody.
Like Reply
(12-30-2021, 12:47 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Brunson is going to get paid by somebody.

Oh for sure!
Like Reply
bad last possession there.  Looks like they got into it late, but I would have preferred a Jalen drive.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-30-2021, 12:52 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: bad last possession there.  Looks like they got into it late, but I would have preferred a Jalen drive.

No doubt. Even a Jalen off the dribble three point chuck would’ve been better than what they got there.
Like Reply