Poll: What do you think about THJr
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Starter Hope
40.91%
18 40.91%
Master Chuckfest
15.91%
7 15.91%
Trade him!
29.55%
13 29.55%
Tim Hero Jumper
13.64%
6 13.64%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The X-Factor Tim Hardaway Jr.: DAL to give long term extension?
Well well, Curry and Hardaway with off nights.

Curry was absolutely horrible this game.

Hardaway just is no first option (if he isn't hot).
Like Reply
X-Factor means live and die by Hardaway.
Like Reply
(12-22-2019, 08:23 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: X-Factor means live and die by Hardaway.
Yeah he´s shitty version of the JET. We only need to get him on the $8-10M contract, that JET was on. For that reason it might be worth to actually see his contract through.

The good news is that once we give him that deal he should be about the 4th best player on the team, while JET was always in a debate about the 2nd best player on the team.
Like Reply
THJ is fine for now. Mavs should have won that game but poorly executed and Rick got outcoached. It happens. The beauty of the Mavs is usually one of THJ, Curry, Brunson is hot. Last night Brunson was shooting well but fell apart late again when Mavs needed him to execute against a full court press. Again it happens.

All that to say I think THJ is very movable this summer should the Mavs want to move him. Teams respect his shooting even if he is a streaky shooter. I have liked seeing his effort on defense. My issue has been that he seems a bit turnover prone at times which reminds me of Wes who had the same issue. It's less of an issue with Doncic out there bc THJ doesn't have to handle the ball as much as he does now.
Like Reply
Don't look now, but THJ is currently shooting 38.6% on 3's for the year! Still a lot of basketball to be played, but hopefully he can keep that up!
Like Reply
(12-29-2019, 12:17 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: THJ is currently shooting 38.6% on 3's for the year!

Even better as a starter

46.7 FG%
43.8 3P%
16.9 PTS
1.23 PPS (90th percentile)
Like Reply
(12-29-2019, 12:55 PM)vfromlmf Wrote:
(12-29-2019, 12:17 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: THJ is currently shooting 38.6% on 3's for the year!

Even better as a starter

46.7 FG%
43.8 3P%
16.9 PTS
1.23 PPS (90th percentile)

A classic case of an MVP level player making his teammates better.
Like Reply
Absolutely right that Luka makes his teammates better. THJ is a...good...NBA...starter on this team. The guy we had to take to get KP is actually really good. I don't think he will opt out bc he will actually do better to get another good year under his belt in 2020 and then head into a big FA year after rehabbing his image.

I think THJ has done so well that if a team said hey we'll give you an expiring contract to take on THJ and his money the Mavs will not take it. I also believe that this is the guy you are going to see the rest of the year. He is not going to be great every game and that's okay. Mavs are deep enough that someone else will pick up the slack the nights THJ is off. We might be seeing a trend tho that he is going to have more games where he is on than when he's off which would be huge. At this point for the forseeable future I think THJ would be hard to upgrade.
Like Reply
http://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/...6213642241
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/All_Things_Mavs/stat...4575729667
Like Reply
I was so wrong about him. I was angling to trade him for the entire summer and most of November. But THJ has made me eat a fat bowl of crow. 

I'm so happy he did. Is it crazy that I don't want to trade him at all now and consider him an integral piece in the lineup...?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(01-28-2020, 11:39 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I was so wrong about him. I was angling to trade him for the entire summer and most of November. But THJ has made me eat a fat bowl of crow. 

I'm so happy he did. Is it crazy that I don't want to trade him at all now and consider him an integral piece in the lineup...?
He has earned being called an integral piece of the lineup...
Like Reply
THJ is even better as a starter. 43.6% on 7 threes per game. 

There are only two other players in the league who can match that kind of elite shooting.

JJ Reddick -- at 46.8% on 6.7 threes per game
Duncan Robinson -- at 44% on 7.6 threes per game

Coincidentally, I think Reddick is a good compare in terms of value for THJ. He's not really a guy you want as your no 2 scorer; and he's certainly not an elite playmaker. But he's a very good veteran guard, who can defend a little. He can mix his game up but his elite skill is NBA shooter. He has more size than Reddick, and he's 8 years younger. Glad to have him on this team.

Robinson is just shooting bonkers. Wonder if he can keep it up?
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...1351852039
Like Reply
We can start thinking about this, perhaps after TDL. Will THJ opt out of his contract? What is his cap hold in that case?
Like Reply
Unbelievable that his raised his TS% to above 60% since with the Mavs.
Like Reply
(02-04-2020, 10:39 AM)omahen Wrote: We can start thinking about this, perhaps after TDL. Will THJ opt out of his contract? What is his cap hold in that case?

Looks like the caphold would be 27.2 mil so that doesn't really help us. 
He's 27 just about to turn 28 so getting a more reasonable long term deal makes sense but you rarely ever see people turn down the guaranteed year for a discount
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...0581893121
Like Reply
(02-24-2020, 11:56 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...0581893121
When the word culture is thrown around by Carlisle it´s over. He´s definitely staying. Wink
Like Reply
(02-25-2020, 02:34 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: When the word culture is thrown around by Carlisle it´s over. He´s definitely staying. Wink

That is great, he is excellent for us. Decent defense, excellent shooter, really lowered number of stupid plays, works well within the system and he is fully accepting his role on the team. He also just entered his prime and we can realistically look at 4 good years from him. Basically, if you want to have a better player, you are looking at super stars. 

Still, certain level of caution should be given, as he is this good just for half a season in his whole career. So, let's not get carried away throwing star money around. And let's not bid against ourselves Smile I still maintain that contract in the 60 mil for 4 years would be a fair deal for both sides. In order to justify 80 mil, his production in next 4 years would need to further improve.
Like Reply