Poll: What do you think about THJr
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Starter Hope
40.91%
18 40.91%
Master Chuckfest
15.91%
7 15.91%
Trade him!
29.55%
13 29.55%
Tim Hero Jumper
13.64%
6 13.64%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The X-Factor Tim Hardaway Jr.: DAL to give long term extension?
Thumbs Up 
https://twitter.com/MavsCoverage/status/...5589514242

Apparently up to the 98th percentile right now.

I've still hope he'll get it especially after watching him against ORLANDO.

Personally I think Carlisle should try THJr as the starter.

If he stops chucking completely he will be super valuable.
He has never been part of a functional team before so there is real hope!

Doncic THJr Finney Smith Kleber Zinger
Like Reply
Makes one wonder how he manages to shoot 37% from the field and 32% from 3 despite his great spot up numbers. Teams have been hoping that he can develop some bball IQ and work on his shot selection since he entered the league. Did not happen during his first two seasons with the Knicks. Did slightly improve in Atlanta. Was even worse after he returned to the Knicks. Raw bball talent isn´t his problem. Ballhandling, shooting ability and athleticism are all above average.
Last game was probably his best when it comes to on court decision making but looking at the entire 7 game sample size he hasn´t changed.

For the season he has one game with above league average scoring efficiency.
First 3 games: 2/7, 2/8 (two 3s), 2/7
Denver: 5/9 (four 3s)
Last 3 games: 4/11, 5/12, 4/11...two 3s in each game
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 04:06 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Makes one wonder how he manages to shoot 37% from the field and 32% from 3 despite his great spot up numbers. Teams have been hoping that he can develop some bball IQ and work on his shot selection since he entered the league. Did not happen during his first two seasons with the Knicks. Did slightly improve in Atlanta. Was even worse after he returned to the Knicks. Raw bball talent isn´t his problem. Ballhandling, shooting ability and athleticism are all above average.
Last game was probably his best when it comes to on court decision making but looking at the entire 7 game sample size he hasn´t changed.

For the season he has one game with above league average scoring efficiency.
First 3 games: 2/7, 2/8 (two 3s), 2/7
Denver: 5/9 (four 3s)
Last 3 games: 4/11, 5/12, 4/11...two 3s in each game

Thank you Smile. I've not given up hope. He really might flourish here.

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/knicks-ha.../286226442

https://youtu.be/09Gx61o0IJU
Like Reply
I think the key is "spot up".  He has been awesome there.  After the first 3 games, he has been great from 3 as well. (He was REALLY bad the first 3 games).  But throughout the season, when he has his feet set, he has been money.  His off ball work has been really good - even at the beginning when the shots weren't falling.  If THJ could be less active WITH the ball, he might be more effective.  haha.
Like Reply
I get frustrated watching THJ.  He has skills, but his shot selection sucks.  Spot up, catch and shoot, squared to the basket...he can shoot.  But he insists on trying to shoot while spinning like a top or bouncing like a kangaroo rat.  Pass in those situations!   Shoot in others...
Like Reply
TRRBL
Like Reply
He may be the one to go off on his old team tonight.  Then the Knicks would trade back one of our protected first round picks.  I can dream.
Like Reply
Delete thread

New thread: who else has a terrible contract we can trade this dude for?
Like Reply
I hate this man so much.
Like Reply
THJ name should be replace by RC name
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 11:03 PM)bartlettbear Wrote: THJ name should be replace by RC name

aren't you a big THJ fan?  lol.  that pretty much invalidates any basketball opinion you have
Like Reply
I passionately hate CP3 and I'm warming up to THJ/Lee for him if that's the only way to get rid of THJ. I hate Paul, but at least he can ball and has a high basketball IQ.
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 11:28 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I passionately hate CP3 and I'm warming up to THJ/Lee for him if that's the only way to get rid of THJ. I hate Paul, but at least he can ball and has a high basketball IQ.

2021 cap space is probably a thing Cuban is going to be selling the fans
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 11:56 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 11:28 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I passionately hate CP3 and I'm warming up to THJ/Lee for him if that's the only way to get rid of THJ. I hate Paul, but at least he can ball and has a high basketball IQ.

2021 cap space is probably a thing Cuban is going to be selling the fans
This team never needs cap space again. We can't recruit for whatever reason. We need to build through trades.
Like Reply
I don't "hate" him yet. I think he's just struggling and letting frustrations get to him.

I'd wait til the second half of the season. It's just way too early.

I'm just happy to get rid of Wes Matthews but hopefully THJ doesn't become Wes 2.0.
Like Reply
THJ needs a reduced role...he can't improve shot selection...
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 04:29 PM)ballsrchr Wrote: bouncing like a kangaroo rat.

earned you a thumbs up  Wink !
Like Reply
(11-09-2019, 01:40 AM)train0038 Wrote: THJ needs a reduced role

I think this is the simple, honest, non-reactionary take.

He simply needs a reduced role, both in minutes AND in shots. Curry in particular needs to be taking his shots.
Like Reply
(11-09-2019, 07:44 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Curry in particular needs to be taking his shots.

Wright and Curry are the exact opposite of THJ. While he is too shot happy, they are totally passive on the offensive end. This team desperately needs a secondary ballhandler/creator and one of them needs to step up. THJ is not efficient enough for that role.
Like Reply
THJ needs a reduced role.

Reduced to zero.
Like Reply