Poll: What do you think about THJr
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Starter Hope
40.91%
18 40.91%
Master Chuckfest
15.91%
7 15.91%
Trade him!
29.55%
13 29.55%
Tim Hero Jumper
13.64%
6 13.64%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The X-Factor Tim Hardaway Jr.: DAL to give long term extension?
Just like the rest of the team, it's important to not get carried away and realize that our schedule so far has been pretty light. The next stretch will matter as it will pinpoint how we stack up consistently against the best in the West.
Like Reply
(11-23-2019, 08:17 AM)pedroffabreu Wrote: Just like the rest of the team, it's important to not get carried away and realize that our schedule so far has been pretty light. The next stretch will matter as it will pinpoint how we stack up consistently against the best in the West.

We are not getting carried we are watching the games.
Its the How, not the results.
Like Reply
(11-23-2019, 09:38 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote:
(11-23-2019, 08:17 AM)pedroffabreu Wrote: Just like the rest of the team, it's important to not get carried away and realize that our schedule so far has been pretty light. The next stretch will matter as it will pinpoint how we stack up consistently against the best in the West.

We are not getting carried we are watching the games.
Its the How, not the results.
THJ starting vs bottom teams is different than THJ starting vs the top dogs. 

Call me cynical, but I have to wait and see with streaky shooters like THJ, especially with the experience we had last year with Barnes and Wes. 

Him being a spot shooter is great, I said that before and that is the way he should playing the game.
Like Reply
Tim StartAWay jr!
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
https://media.giphy.com/media/hiKKdda4mdn8Y/giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Major apologies to thread starter and THJ if he keeps playing well as a starter. I’m still not 100% convinced but this might be the best three game stretch of his career. Just wow.
Like Reply
(11-24-2019, 06:43 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Major apologies to thread starter and THJ if he keeps playing well as a starter. I’m still not 100% convinced but this might be the best three game stretch of his career. Just wow.

This...Still not completly sold because he had those crazy hot streaks before but I really like his effort. He is not the best defender and lacks some bball IQ but he hustles and is money on corner 3s.
Like Reply
I feel like he's turned it around. Not saying he'll score 20+ points every game but I saw how frustrated/disappointed he got during his cold streak. He just has to find better shots and NOT force anything. I heard the coaching staff is working extra time with him.
Like Reply
He has been exactly what we were missing at season start. A reliable third scorer with at least passable defense. Hope he can keep it up
Like Reply
I have a feeling he's going to be our new JET but as a starter. He's a total rhythm shooter. He's going to have nights where he's lights out for 30 and nights where the bench mob on here is calling for his head.
Like Reply
Calling out @"fifteenth"
Like Reply
(11-25-2019, 10:43 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Calling out @"fifteenth"
Does he get to call you out if the next 3 games are back to what we've seen? I mean, it's 3 games. Linsanity went on for longer than that.
Like Reply
THJ is my house flip.  I get him as beautiful as possible and go shopping for a deal.  I don't see him as a championship piece and if the Mavs could use him as part of a package, just gravy.

I appreciate his contributions and he seems to have a good attitude and desire to win.  Mavs can do better imo.
Like Reply
(11-24-2019, 07:53 PM)donzingis38 Wrote: I feel like he's turned it around. Not saying he'll score 20+ points every game but I saw how frustrated/disappointed he got during his cold streak. He just has to find better shots and NOT force anything. I heard the coaching staff is working extra time with him.

I hope you are right. Chuckers are going to chuck but in theory Rick can coach him up to be more selective and cut his minutes when he's overly chucking.

I like THJ has been effective on defense, at least his on ball D looks pretty good to me. He is athletic, so it makes sense that he could be at least average with effort. He has good length for a guard as well (and size).

I like it when he puts the ball on the deck with purpose. He has been able to make some plays that way. If he treats his game as a playmaker/shooter and not just "scorer" he is going to be much more effective.

I don't think he will ever be like Wright or one of these guys that only takes high percentage shots but I have some hope that Rick can improve his shot selection. I believe THJ being in the starting lineup actually improves his selection bc he knows it's not up to just him to score. It's also some motivation to him personally to be a starter so I would say let the good times roll. What I want to see is what happens next time his shot isn't falling. Will he revert back to chucking or will he at least take better shots and attempt to make plays?
Like Reply
I always assumed THJ is who Dallas wanted to start at the 2, as his athleticism and scoring potential is something the team could really use.  But I wasn't sure THJ would ever play consistently enough to realize that role.  

It's still a small sample size, but if his recent performance sticks he's going to be a real asset.  It's natural to think he may just be on a hot streak that won't last, but I think people forget that the injury last year ruined his ability to gel with the new team.  It could very well be that he's finally playing enough in the system to figure things out.  We'll see.
Like Reply
(11-25-2019, 10:47 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
Does he get to call you out if the next 3 games are back to what we've seen? I mean, it's 3 games. Linsanity went on for longer than that.
Of course he can. I was just missing him posting, we have a semi serious friendly relationship.

Doesn't look unsustainable to me. I don't expect him to perform this great. I repeatedly argued based on observations and stats + my educational background that starting might be the best fit to counter his tendencies. It was just a hypothesis that by now has some evidence behind it.
He plays different. It's not really hot shooting taking difficult shots. I don't care much about the results when analyzing the play. I look at facial expressions, decision making, body language, team play.
Like Reply
THJ is probably our most consistent threat to drop 15 ppg outside of Luka/KP. Yeah, he's been mostly inefficient in recent years but his last season in ATL is the ideal version of him: 45% from the field, 36% from three, averaging 14-15 ppg.

NYK days he was forced to do too much plus that team is a dumpster fire on top of it. If we can get that ATL production out of him, we have an Eric Gordon esque player, who many were clamoring to trade for this past summer.
Like Reply

Hold up now. Am I getting called out for this? 

https://qabickcents.com/dallasbasketball...hp?tid=212

If so, yeah, that thread doesn't look so good. Bad me. 

But what about all the good stuff I've said about Tim? 

From this thread: 

Of course Seth is the better shooter, and even, imo, has a better all around offensive skill set. But when Seth plays 13 minutes and won't take a shot, and someone on the team besides Luka needs to man up and step into a shot, THJ is your huckleberry.

Then I posted this on October 3rd in a thread called Starting Lineup: Actual vs Proposed:

I'd lay it out like this:

Luka  / JB 
Delon  / Seth 
THJ  / JJackson 
DFS  / Maxi 
KP  / DP 

with JJB and Boban playing situationally 

Based on all the talk it looks like I'll be wrong about DP coming off the bench, but we'll see.

Then I said this in my Preseason Awards Thread

The EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS AWARD goes to:

Tim Hardaway Jr!!!!

THJ is playing really well. He's playing nothing like what we all (or mostly) expected. He's shooting and driving in rhythm, playing within the offense and not shot hunting. He looks relaxed, quick and springy. His decisiveness is helping and not hurting. 

So far, so great. Well done, THJ. 

Based on all we've said about him before the last couple of games, just thought he should get some recognition for playing so well.

I can't remember what thread it's in but I also said in the preseason that if THJ played like he did in 16/17 that he could make us better than expected (or something like that).

I've also said a few times that all THJ hate seems to be based on preconceived notions...although I wavered on that opinion when he had his "0 for _" stretch right before he started shooting well. 

So, are you calling me out for my silly THJ vs Bro thread that was meant to be a humorous shot at your THJ vs Seth thread (your thread which is looking pretty darn good right now)? 

Or are you calling me out to congratulate me for all the other things I've typed about THJ?  Big Grin
Like Reply
I think he will continue to go through hot and cold streaks. That´s just who he is. I don´t like it but I can live with it as long as he has more good than bad games. We need 3 good games for 2 bad games. Not the opposite.
With him it feels like you can bench him after he missed the first 2-3 shoots because he won´t make one for the rest of the game. In a similar way he should take 20 shots if he made the first 2-3 shoots because he probably will make 75% of them.
Like Reply