Poll: What do you think about THJr
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Starter Hope
40.91%
18 40.91%
Master Chuckfest
15.91%
7 15.91%
Trade him!
29.55%
13 29.55%
Tim Hero Jumper
13.64%
6 13.64%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The X-Factor Tim Hardaway Jr.: DAL to give long term extension?
I know I repeat myself but I firmly believe THjr should start. It is the role he envisioned and playing with Luka he should get enough shots without having to force it.

Plus it's easier to take a step back in role when playing with Luka.

In contrast to brunson and wright he doesn't need the ball in his hands. Furthermore he is absolutely excellent at spotting up.

I think he can get reigned in far easier as a starter.
Like Reply
Logan Fisher (@LoganfromTexas) Tweeted:

Tim Hardaway Jr is currently shooting 36/31/73, all of which are career lows by a significant margin. This has also been against other teams’ 2nd units which is worrying but you have to imagine that he’ll eventually settle in. https://twitter.com/LoganfromTexas/statu...74144?s=20
Like Reply
Timmy is dead to me
Like Reply
Last night was the first time Carlisle pulled him early from the game for doing something dumb. Long time coming if you ask me. 

I wish coach would just show THJ his stats thus far and say "see, you suck right now; reducing your role until you prove otherwise." Last couple games his minutes are way down, hopefully this trend continues. 

I honestly think you can give his minutes to Broski and notice marked team play.
Like Reply
He has cooled off a bit in that regard, but he's still in the 91st percentile as a spotup shooter according to nba.com

Why can't we just have him take those shots exclusively? He's playing like Wes did in his worst days here. Midrange pullups, tansition threes, shooting off screens, floaters, fadeaways. 

He'd be so much better if he would just take it to the bucket in transition and reduce himself to taking standstill three pointers in the halfcourt. Dude is not a terrible player skill-wise, he's a solid athlete for a SG, not a terrible ballhandler, good shooter when his feet are set. But he can't stop the Wes Matthews-imitation for whatever reason.

And that's been his problem for YEARS now...
Like Reply
Rick heard my prayers, started THjr and he delivers as the 2nd ball handlers. That's his role hyperbole! I am just having fun and enjoy that sight, don't put me down now! Hah!

I hope he gets a chance against a stronger opponent as well.
Like Reply
(11-20-2019, 08:55 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Rick heard my prayers, started THjr and he delivers as the 2nd ball handlers. That's his role hyperbole! I am just having fun and enjoy that sight, don't put me down now! Hah!

Considering the Mavs are playing a G-League team, I would hope he has a half decent game. TimmyJr play is going to tank against the cavs, don't worry lol
Like Reply
(11-20-2019, 09:06 PM)Tetra Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 08:55 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Rick heard my prayers, started THjr and he delivers as the 2nd ball handlers. That's his role hyperbole! I am just having fun and enjoy that sight, don't put me down now! Hah!

Considering the Mavs are playing a G-League team, I would hope he has a half decent game. TimmyJr play is going to tank against the cavs, don't worry lol

The game against the Warriors has nothing to do with my campaign. It is just a matter of rotational fit in my opinion.
Like Reply
(11-20-2019, 08:55 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Rick heard my prayers

Stop praying for injuries to Seth!!!!!!!
Like Reply
(11-21-2019, 11:32 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 08:55 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Rick heard my prayers

Stop praying for injuries to Seth!!!!!!!

Never did, I'm not like that, don't be nefarious  Idea
Like Reply
SPMs THJs takes are slowly turning into a Mak-Powell like obsession Big Grin
Like Reply
(11-21-2019, 11:51 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: SPMs THJs takes are slowly turning into a Mak-Powell like obsession Big Grin

THjr is a member of the diamond club
Like Reply
(11-21-2019, 11:34 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Never did, I'm not like that, don't be nefarious  Idea

it was a joke
Like Reply
(11-21-2019, 12:04 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-21-2019, 11:34 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Never did, I'm not like that, don't be nefarious  Idea

it was a joke

I thought so, just played along.   Confused
Like Reply
https://youtu.be/R3UBxQMF-H8

https://youtu.be/rCABpkaF2f8

https://youtu.be/rCABpkaF2f8
Like Reply
THJ containing himself to being almost exclusively a spot up three point shooter is HUGE. 

PLEASE, PLEASE keep this up. Stay in your lane man.
Like Reply
(11-22-2019, 10:54 PM)Kammrath Wrote: THJ containing himself to being almost exclusively a spot up three point shooter is HUGE. 

PLEASE, PLEASE keep this up. Stay in your lane man.

He also plays well on defense and passes well.

Don't want pad myself on the shoulder but I still think I'm right, he needs to start, it's his best fit.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheKobeBeef/status/1...6659497984
Like Reply
Glad I didn't overreact when he was struggling.
Like Reply
Feels like he takes better shots with the starters than off the bench. Most of his threes against CLE were standstill shots, he’s elite at those.

We might have found a role where he can help the team. It’s been only a couple of games but seeing how he falls in line behind Luka/KP gives a good vibe so far.
Like Reply