Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Luka (+6, 27 pts, 7 asts, 7 rbds)
39.58%
19 39.58%
THJ (+15, 14 pts, game saving drawn charge)
12.50%
6 12.50%
DP (12 pts, 8 rbds)
0%
0 0%
Maxi (+6, 14 pts, 3 rbds)
2.08%
1 2.08%
KP (10 pts, 8 rbds)
0%
0 0%
Justin (11 pts, 6 rbds)
2.08%
1 2.08%
Barea (11 pts, 3 asts)
43.75%
21 43.75%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 7 DIRKIE: Winner Barea (44%) & Runner-up Luka (40%)
(11-07-2019, 09:05 PM)Jommybone Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 04:32 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 04:28 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: I've voted THjr. I didn't think Luka had a special game for his current way too early baseline. His passing was way too sloppy. I admit he did adjust but he also took a bad shot at the end of the game almost costing the lead.

For me Luka has to perform on a much different level given your criteria.

I respect that 100%....but for me, Luka having a poor night with turnovers and deep ball, he still stepped up in another area to lead the team to a win. Just my opinion and I totally get not voting for Luka. What I don't get is voting for JJB over THJ. Totally not fair to THJ's contributions. Feels like sentimental crap for JJB and ignoring what actually transpired to get the win.

?????

I love it when Kammrath talks numbers. I'm a big fan. But this (numberless) pro-THJ talk has got me wondering what he’s been smoking. Not sure we're watching the same game, amigo.

You want numbers?  The numbers support THJ playing well.  There is no agenda here.  He is playing well since the first 3 games of the year.  Hitting 47% on 3's and a whopping +56 (!!!) in +/- the last 4 games.  In fact, he leads the mavs in both of those categories.  

Let go of preconceptions.  If the player is playing well, that is great.  Cheer him.  Or at least enjoy it while it lasts.  I hate it when one of OUR guys gets dog piled even when he is playing well.
Like Reply
(11-07-2019, 09:09 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 09:05 PM)Jommybone Wrote: ?????

I love it when Kammrath talks numbers. I'm a big fan. But this (numberless) pro-THJ talk has got me wondering what he’s been smoking. Not sure we're watching the same game, amigo.

THJ was +15, had no turnovers, had 13 points on 40% from three, and had a game saving drawn charge. I have NOT been a fan of him this season at all, but he was good this past game, second only to Luka IMO.

Hm . . . . Can’t agree with you. 

THJ shot 4/11 from the field. On 11 shots, that’s as close as you can get (36.4%) to his season average (36.9%). 

He shot 2/5 from the 3-point line. On 5 shots, that’s as close as you can get (40%) to his season average (31.6%). 

He had 2 assists. In 1 game, that’s as close as you can get (2.0 per game) to his season average (1.6). 

He had 0 turnovers. In 1 game, that’s as close as you can get (0.0 per game) to his season average (0.4). 

He did exceed his season averages in minutes played (26 to 23.3), rebounds (3 to 2.4) and personal fouls (4 to 2.4). And he did have good timing, his 26 minutes coinciding with that +15 team performance and his 1 (of the team’s many) charge drawn coming at a key moment. But otherwise the numbers say he was his usual self. In fact, it’s uncanny how usual he was. 

But you can call that take a preconceived notion if you like. I don’t mind. It is pretty much what I thought before the game. Confirmation bias or confirmation? Sometimes they’re the same.
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 01:09 AM)Jommybone Wrote: he did have good timing, his 26 minutes coinciding with that +15 team performance and his 1 (of the team’s many) charge drawn coming at a key moment.

I was just watching the game and he stood out to me as being key to the win. I don't know what else to say.
Like Reply
Bug 
(11-08-2019, 01:09 AM)Jommybone Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 09:09 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 09:05 PM)Jommybone Wrote: ?????

THJ was +15, had no turnovers, had 13 points on 40% from three, and had a game saving drawn charge. I have NOT been a fan of him this season at all, but he was good this past game, second only to Luka IMO.

Hm . . . . Can’t agree with you. 

THJ shot 4/11 from the field. On 11 shots, that’s as close as you can get (36.4%) to his season average (36.9%). 

He shot 2/5 from the 3-point line. On 5 shots, that’s as close as you can get (40%) to his season average (31.6%). 

He had 2 assists. In 1 game, that’s as close as you can get (2.0 per game) to his season average (1.6). 

He had 0 turnovers. In 1 game, that’s as close as you can get (0.0 per game) to his season average (0.4). 

He did exceed his season averages in minutes played (26 to 23.3), rebounds (3 to 2.4) and personal fouls (4 to 2.4). And he did have good timing, his 26 minutes coinciding with that +15 team performance and his 1 (of the team’s many) charge drawn coming at a key moment. But otherwise the numbers say he was his usual self. In fact, it’s uncanny how usual he was. 

But you can call that take a preconceived notion if you like. I don’t mind. It is pretty much what I thought before the game. Confirmation bias or confirmation? Sometimes they’re the same.

Stats do not tell the whole story. They always reduce information. Even if his outcome was average, it did not came from average behavior. How he played was markedly better than the rest of the season. His decision making was much better. He didn't play hero ball at all this game. The eye test gave away a completely different story. Barea for example hit very difficult shots, hero balling but hit them, the result helped.
Hardaway played within the flow of the game this time around, and played his part on defense. 
If Hardaway continues the way he played against Orlando his minutes will increase and his results will improve as well. He had a great game the way he played.
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 01:09 AM)Jommybone Wrote: THJ shot 4/11 from the field. On 11 shots, that’s as close as you can get (36.4%) to his season average (36.9%). Worse

He shot 2/5 from the 3-point line. On 5 shots, that’s as close as you can get (40%) to his season average (31.6%). Better

He had 2 assists. In 1 game, that’s as close as you can get (2.0 per game) to his season average (1.6). Better

He had 0 turnovers. In 1 game, that’s as close as you can get (0.0 per game) to his season average (0.4). Better

He did exceed his season averages in minutes played (26 to 23.3) Not sure, rebounds (3 to 2.4) Better and personal fouls (4 to 2.4) Worse. And he did have good timing Better , his 26 minutes coinciding with that +15 team performance Better and his 1 (of the team’s many) charge drawn coming at a key moment Better. But otherwise the numbers say he was his usual self. In fact, it’s uncanny how usual he was. 

Don't look now, but Jommybone agrees with you guys!
Like Reply
Why does the thread title award a co-Dirkie to two players when JJB got the most votes. 

#Justice4JJ
#RiggedPoll
#Donaghy’sDirkie
Like Reply
This tainted Dirkie has cursed the team. We lost to the nix. 

The nix!

WE DEMAND JUSTICE.
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 11:01 PM)Mak Wrote: This tainted Dirkie has cursed the team. We lost to the nix. 

The nix!

WE DEMAND JUSTICE.

So give it to Luka alone?

Sure looks like he has the most votes.
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 11:11 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 11:01 PM)Mak Wrote: This tainted Dirkie has cursed the team. We lost to the nix. 

The nix!

WE DEMAND JUSTICE.

Lol did you literally just manually change the number?

Luka now has “22” votes but still only the 19 people that voted for him are listed. 

The rigging continues. #Justice4JJ

The universe is screwing the Mavs because we screwed Mr. Universe

We need to award JJ the Dirkie he rightfully earned.

These are the true and accurate voting results:

[Image: CA277-CCC-42-E6-4-A13-85-CA-1-BB9-BEB04873.jpg]
Like Reply

The nix!

WE DEMAND JUSTICE.

Stop trolling, you are a mod. Are you Trump?  Haha. Or is Mak the Trump. I will never know.
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 11:31 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote:

The nix!

WE DEMAND JUSTICE.

Stop trolling, you are a mod. Are you Trump?  Haha. Or is Mak the Trump. I will never know.

3RD PARTY HERE, THE CURSE MUST BE LIFTED
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
We can’t be fudging up the polls like this Kammbro. 

LIFT THE CURSE. 

THE SLEEPING HERO HAS AWOKEN.
Like Reply
(11-09-2019, 12:26 AM)Mak Wrote: We can’t be fudging up the polls like this Kammbro. 

LIFT THE CURSE. 

THE SLEEPING HERO HAS AWOKEN.

HIS POWERS ARE TOO GREAT. EVERY EDIT I MAKE HE'S 3 STEPS AHEAD. 

THESE ARE TIMES OF DARKNESS. I NEED A DIAMOND TO SPREAD THE LIGHT. DIAMOND DALLAS DWIGHT MUST REPAIR THIS BOND. ONLY HE CAN SAVE JJ BAREA.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
LOVE > HATE

- hatin lil JJ
- forcin the false, Donaghy Dirkie upon Lukafer
- rigging and fudging the polls to make it happen
- deleting posts of truth
- banishing to the troll cave

THIS AINT RIGHT KAMMBRO. 

WE NEED TO SEND LOVE TO KAMMBRO SO HE LIFTS THE CURSE. 

LIFT. THE. CURSE. KAMMBRO. PLS. 

LEAVE THE HATE. EMBRACE THE LOVE. 

https://youtu.be/jPYUOiwUOj8
Like Reply
Okay what the hell is going on yall? 

Kamm has been doing a great job running the Dirkie polls... lets not harass him and go on and on...

I really don't understand fully what is going on... but I am not a fan of the weird back and forth and this having escalated like it did... I hope we can work all this back out...
Like Reply
(11-09-2019, 03:38 PM)Magickian Wrote: ... I hope we can work all this back out...

Agreed. 

Kammbro — can you please fix the title of this thread to reflect and respect the reality of José Juan Barea (JJB) being the sole winner of the GAME 7 DIRKIE by virtue of receiving the most votes?

I don’t think it’s crazy to respect and acknowledge the true results of the poll!
Like Reply