Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 0.0 pt RAPTOR & 3.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
8 100.00%
Pelicans
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 20: DAL (11-9) @ NOP (6-18) | 139-107 win
(12-01-2021, 09:57 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Good decision from Kidd to let THJ play in garbage time. Really hope that he found his rhythm.

REALLY hoping this helps him turn things around. Mavs need his shot making desperately.
Like Reply
Just quick impression in garbage time, but I think Eugene is an NBA player.  I like how he moves out there.  He also seems to have a good demeanor on the court as well and a nice feel for the game.  He will probably need a lot of seasoning and be able to his open threes, but I have liked what I have seen from him.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • ballsrchr, ItsGoTime, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(12-01-2021, 10:06 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Just quick impression in garbage time, but I think Eugene is an NBA player.  I like how he moves out there.  He also seems to have a good demeanor on the court as well and a nice feel for the game.  He will probably need a lot of seasoning and be able to his open threes, but I have liked what I have seen from him.

Not suprising. He was one of the best players in the preseason. I was suprised that he did not get a chance in the regular season. He is pretty much the only big wing (think Draymond or PJ Tucker) on the roster. Brown has some bulk but is only 6-4. DFS is skinny. That leaves Luka who probably shouldn´t guard the best opposing wing.
Like Reply
Garbage Time:

-Eugene looks comfortable, never rushes and seems to have a good bball IQ.
-I like Josh Green gunning for shots.  He should play like that all the time.  His basketball career is on the line and he might as well go down swinging.
-I'd never play Moses again after his chin up drills tonight.  Absolute clown shoes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(12-01-2021, 10:06 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Just quick impression in garbage time, but I think Eugene is an NBA player.  I like how he moves out there.  He also seems to have a good demeanor on the court as well and a nice feel for the game.  He will probably need a lot of seasoning and be able to his open threes, but I have liked what I have seen from him.

G-league or not, some of the 3's he made in this game were him side stepping and him step backing. Not just stand still pure catch & shoot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sefant's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply
I said it before, Eugene looks so smooth, smart and calm on the court, i think he can become a solid NBA player. He plays within himself and has a high motor. He's a DFS starter kit at worst, but there might be more ... make sure to keep and develop this kid!
Like Reply
(12-02-2021, 02:29 AM)sefant Wrote:

G-league or not, some of the 3's he made in this game were him side stepping and him step backing. Not just stand still pure catch & shoot.

We also got to remember he is an older rookie.   He shot the three well in his last year in college, but didn't shoot it well in the summer league.  I believe he has also had some rough shooting games in a few G league games too.

With that being said, he seems to be pretty comfortable on the court.  Even in blowouts, I think that means something.   I think he is a no nonsense, minimal mistake player.  As an undrafted guy, you have an uphill battle to stick in the league, but I have liked what I have seen so far.
Like Reply
(12-02-2021, 05:34 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: We also got to remember he is an older rookie.   He shot the three well in his last year in college, but didn't shoot it well in the summer league.  I believe he has also had some rough shooting games in a few G league games too.

With that being said, he seems to be pretty comfortable on the court.  Even in blowouts, I think that means something.   I think he is a no nonsense, minimal mistake player.  As an undrafted guy, you have an uphill battle to stick in the league, but I have liked what I have seen so far.

I'm assuming G-League uses the new ball.  It seems adjustment periods are pretty long on this one.
Like Reply