Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decision Making Timelines
(12-01-2021, 11:50 AM)fifteenth Wrote: It's just that we've talked about Nico a few times and so, when I saw that you posted, I thought you might think that Nico didn't have authority such that my questions would even apply to him.
Okay, fif, Imma do it your way. 

Not only is Cuban no longer the boss, but Cubes is good enough, he's smart enough, and doggone it, people like him. 

And I DOUBLE-DOG DARE anyone to say otherwise!

p.s.  This isn't coming naturally to me, but you have to admit I deserve an A for effort.
Like Reply
(12-01-2021, 12:22 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: Okay, fif, Imma do it your way. 

Not only is Cuban no longer the boss, but Cubes is good enough, he's smart enough, and doggone it, people like him. 

And I DOUBLE-DOG DARE anyone to say otherwise!

I don't know about all that...but mainly, I'm just glad you didn't Tripple Dog Dare me!!!

I don't want to end up with my tongue stuck to a frozen poll!!!!!!
Like Reply
(12-01-2021, 12:25 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I don't want to end up with my tongue stuck to a frozen poll!!!!!!
Pretty sure Kamm freezes the polls after a day of voting, so that would be a good time to do it!!!
[-] The following 3 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • DallasMaverick, embellisher, fifteenth
Like Reply
(12-01-2021, 12:36 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Pretty sure Kamm freezes the polls after a day of voting, so that would be a good time to do it!!!

Ha ha!!! POTD
Like Reply
It's December. The guy to fix things, who had no experience, is expected to learn it all in 6 months and have it fixed already? The first 6 is the criteria?

The problem is the Mavs needed to be the best in identifying, acquiring, and developing top talent. Instead they have been meh in just about every step of the process. With Cuban calling the shots, plus accepting that level of performance from his experts and helpers, it's been all on him.

Hopefully Nico will learn to be the best and Cuban will step aside as he does. I'm skeptical, given MC's track record plus Nico's complete lack of background. There's artistry needed here, not just hard work and being very organized. But if he is the guy, this is way too soon to know.

PS - MC did do the work to hire Kidd, but Nico was in the loop, consulted, supportive of the idea. In such a way, that I think JK sees Nico as his boss, and that NH not MC is the one primarily calling the shots on JK's tenure.
Like Reply
(12-01-2021, 10:45 PM)F Gump Wrote: It's December. The guy to fix things, who had no experience, is expected to learn it all in 6 months and have it fixed already? The first 6 is the criteria?

Do you really think that I wrote anything close to this?
Like Reply
(12-01-2021, 10:56 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Do you really think that I wrote anything close to this?

I really was just offering my own thoughts on the broad thinking re NH/JK/MC, not aiming my comments to respond to anyone else's in particular. 

Your general OP point was soliciting thoughts/opining there might be some sort of Christmas timeframe in play; as well as, whether NH/JK are somehow something other than boss-employee. Others crafted those into different evaluations and speculations regarding right now than you did, of who/what/when/why.

So my comment you cited spoke to the idea of whether 6 months in, with newbie GM on job, mgmt change would be on anyone's mind. I don't think it would. NH was hired with lower expectations timewise (he had to be - he's so inexperienced), which should carry a ripple effect imo.
Like Reply
@"F Gump", gotcha, I see where the misunderstanding is. The "by Christmas" thing was a time frame that both Nico and Kidd have alluded to as a time frame where they would "know what we have" with the roster. 

No one, to my knowledge, has suggested that as a timeline for evaluating how Kidd or Nico are doing.
Like Reply
(12-02-2021, 12:16 AM)fifteenth Wrote: @"F Gump", gotcha, I see where the misunderstanding is. The "by Christmas" thing was a time frame that both Nico and Kidd have alluded to as a time frame where they would "know what we have" with the roster. 

No one, to my knowledge, has suggested that as a timeline for evaluating how Kidd or Nico are doing.

December 15th is when newly acquired contracts can be traded, no?  Maybe that's what Nico meant by "know what we have".
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(12-02-2021, 12:16 AM)fifteenth Wrote: @"F Gump", gotcha, I see where the misunderstanding is. The "by Christmas" thing was a time frame that both Nico and Kidd have alluded to as a time frame where they would "know what we have" with the roster. 

I think there is much forum "evaluating" already in play on both, esp when there's a loss or 2. The play has been ugly at times.

Re what NH/JK have said, imo it's just generic coach-peak (or GM), mostly deflecting. "We are working on it, and will have a better idea later" (which is always true). They can always be better, always looking for ways, while focus is on how to best play this hand, not another.
Like Reply
(11-30-2021, 06:35 PM)cow Wrote: If what we've heard about Nico is true and he was just waiting for the right opportunity to join a franchise, there is a 0% change that he's hitched his wagon to Kidd who has shown very little as a head coach.  For that reason, I'd say no to the question of if those two are a packaged deal.  

Cuban might be dumb in some aspects but he's not stupid.  I think on the conservative end, Nico will have through the 2024 season to start building this into a championship team.  That's also the first season he'll have a full compliment of assets to play with.  Baring a disaster, I wouldn't consider moving him until the 2025 season is in the books.

Cuban is also pretty stubborn so I think both Kidd and Nico will get long leashes though I believe Nico's will be much longer.   I think Kidd will get three seasons and I'd be shocked if he got less than two.

When the Mavs are sending NY a lottery pick after Kidd’s second season, there’s no way Kidd survives that.  And right now, I’d say that’s more likely than not. So, Kidd’s tenure is two and done. I’m not even sure why the Mavs would keep him after a lottery finish this year, which is also more likely than not given what we’re seeing. The only good news for the Mavs is that they will get to keep their lottery pick this year and the Bucks, once they moved on from Kidd, became title contenders almost immediately.
Like Reply