Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TAKE DAT WIT YOU 11/30
(12-01-2021, 12:45 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: Cuban no longer has any influence over the front office.* 

Ha ha!!! I gotta back off, I'm having too much influence in mavsluvr's front office!!!

I changed my mind, ML. You're right. Cuban (Dr. Evil) rules the Mavs with an iron fist...and a cat.
Like Reply
The cat is hairless.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(12-01-2021, 12:47 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I gotta back off, I'm having too much influence in mavsluvr's front office!!!
No such thing, I aim to please.
Like Reply
(12-01-2021, 12:52 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: The cat is hairless.

I have this strange reaction to all your posts. I enjoy the post, then I get down below the post and find something else...and throw up in my mouth a little bit.
Like Reply
(12-01-2021, 12:54 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I have this strange reaction to all your posts. I enjoy the post, then I get down below the post and find something else...and throw up in my mouth a little bit.
HAHA, I've been meaning to change that ever since KL changed his. I'm REALLY lazy!
Like Reply
(12-01-2021, 12:53 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: No such thing, I aim to please.

Well, I'm sure you know all the reasons I'm wrong about Mark C., but if you reveal too much you might blow your secret identity!
Like Reply
(12-01-2021, 01:05 PM)fifteenth Wrote: if you reveal too much you might blow your secret identity!

[Image: 200.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(12-01-2021, 01:05 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Well, I'm sure you know all the reasons I'm wrong about Mark C., but if you reveal too much you might blow your secret identity!

What do you mean?

Well, there's that. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes mavsluvr's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(12-01-2021, 11:32 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: Seth Partnow, who was formerly with the Bucks' front office, came on Kirk's group therapy podcast and talked a little about the Mavs and their reputation among the other front offices in the league. 

Did not want to talk them down too much, but said they did not enjoy a reputation for being competent or easy to deal with. Their MO when they learned a player was available was to swoop in at the eleventh hour with the attitude that they were going to "shake somebody down." Said the front offices who got things done kept up with what was going on, had a realistic idea of the players' value, approached other front offices on a timely and businesslike basis, and negotiated accordingly. Whereas, the Mavs were always trying to cut sharp deals to get $1.50 value for $1.00, and usually walked away empty-handed. 

I would believe it. 

Maybe the front office shake-up will get them operating in a more professional manner and actually making some good trades.

If I had to guess how a Mark Cuban organization operates, Seth's description would not be too far off.
Like Reply
(12-01-2021, 11:32 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: Seth Partnow, who was formerly with the Bucks' front office, came on Kirk's group therapy podcast and talked a little about the Mavs and their reputation among the other front offices in the league. 

Did not want to talk them down too much, but said they did not enjoy a reputation for being competent or easy to deal with. Their MO when they learned a player was available was to swoop in at the eleventh hour with the attitude that they were going to "shake somebody down." Said the front offices who got things done kept up with what was going on, had a realistic idea of the players' value, approached other front offices on a timely and businesslike basis, and negotiated accordingly. Whereas, the Mavs were always trying to cut sharp deals to get $1.50 value for $1.00, and usually walked away empty-handed. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611d31295e01d8f8d3974...y.gif&ct=g]
Like Reply