Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DFS (+5, 17 pts, 1 blk, 3 stl, 1 ast, 3 rbd)
20.69%
6 20.69%
KP (+6, 30 pts, 1 blk, 1 stl, 1 ast, 7 rbd)
51.72%
15 51.72%
Luka (+7, 26 pts, 2 blk, 1 stl, 9 ast, 9 rbd)
10.34%
3 10.34%
Maxi (+10, 8 pts, 1 blk, 2 stl, 6 ast, 9 rbd)
17.24%
5 17.24%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 17 DIRKIE: Winner KP (52%) | Runner-ups DFS (21%) & Maxi (17%)
(11-24-2021, 01:48 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: But I think Finney-Smith‘s defense on Paul George was consistently great for 49 (49!!!) minutes, And this is exactly the type of performance from him that goes overlooked so often

No need to be exaggerating. It was 48 mins, 50 seconds. Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-24-2021, 01:46 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I'm having a tough time with this one between DFS and KP. Hate DFS's (edit: 3 pt) shooting and rebounding, LOVED his defense on PG13! Liked KP's offense and mostly his defense, hated his 7 Rebs, and all other stats. Cow is right even though I gave him a hard time about it, KP needs to be stronger with the ball. Refs also have no reason to swallow their whistle when all the Clippers hang on his arms though.

I just get frustrated with KP.  That sequence in overtime where he tipped a rebound to himself, dribble penetrated to the block and hit that turn around jumper is the glimpse I want to see more of.  His post game is so weird.  Most of the time he gains no ground and just faces up with a defender in his jersey and shoots a jumper.  I know he can do so much more as evidenced in that sequence above.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
Team performance. Luka is the captain, we don't win this game without him. He drew double teams all game long, that the team benefited from, yet he scored many points as well. KP is playing really well and deserves it just as much. I love the idea of playing DFS for big minutes. He also needs game time to get his shot going, and the more he plays, the better is our defense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
All four nominees are deserving, but I'm giving this one to Maxi. Tenacious D, especially in the fourth, and facilitating as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes embellisher's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(11-24-2021, 04:02 AM)embellisher Wrote: All four nominees are deserving, but I'm giving this one to Maxi. Tenacious D, especially in the fourth, and facilitating as well.
https://giphy.com/gifs/win-rock-b09xElu8in7Lq
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Zinger deserved the Dirkie and has my vote.  He did a good job on D and made plays on offense. But, despite his injury, this was the quickest I’ve seen Luka this year.  Maybe the rest did him some good, or I think he just hates the Clippers.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • Kammrath, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(11-24-2021, 07:56 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: But, despite his injury, this was the quickest I’ve seen Luka this year.

Yep, 100%. Closest he has looked to his "good" self. Really encouraging.
Like Reply
I would give it to KP, but of the four names listed I like them as the closing group most nights with Jalen.    It would be nice to have a similar player but a little different to play the Non Kleber minutes.   Someone like Bobby Portis type.   Hardaway will finish some games.    

But I think if the Mavs find another big man who can be productive for 20-25 minutes then you are starting to see a path to a pretty good group.
Like Reply
(11-24-2021, 06:57 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: https://giphy.com/gifs/win-rock-b09xElu8in7Lq

Tongue wondered who would do this first!
[-] The following 1 user Likes embellisher's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(11-24-2021, 08:37 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I would give it to KP, but of the four names listed I like them as the closing group most nights with Jalen.    It would be nice to have a similar player but a little different to play the Non Kleber minutes.   Someone like Bobby Portis type.   Hardaway will finish some games.    

But I think if the Mavs find another big man who can be productive for 20-25 minutes then you are starting to see a path to a pretty good group.

I'm still holding out hope for a WCS/Green for Theis trade.  I would probably throw in a second if necessary.
Like Reply
Looking at the boxscore one more time, that 8/9/6 line by Maxi with 2 steals and a block is something else. So glad to have him back.
[-] The following 2 users Like Tyler's post:
  • embellisher, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-24-2021, 06:57 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: https://giphy.com/gifs/win-rock-b09xElu8in7Lq

Nay, we are but, men. Rock!
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Unicorn...best stretch as a Mav IMO...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ClutchDirk's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Luka for that 15 point 3rd quarter explosion that seemingly woke up the entire team and put them in the drivers seat.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
[Image: kristaps-porzingis-of-the-dallas-maveric...1236762711]
Like Reply