Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DFS (+5, 17 pts, 1 blk, 3 stl, 1 ast, 3 rbd)
20.69%
6 20.69%
KP (+6, 30 pts, 1 blk, 1 stl, 1 ast, 7 rbd)
51.72%
15 51.72%
Luka (+7, 26 pts, 2 blk, 1 stl, 9 ast, 9 rbd)
10.34%
3 10.34%
Maxi (+10, 8 pts, 1 blk, 2 stl, 6 ast, 9 rbd)
17.24%
5 17.24%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 17 DIRKIE: Winner KP (52%) | Runner-ups DFS (21%) & Maxi (17%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team win?
Like Reply
DFS is the only correct answer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-24-2021, 01:26 AM)cow Wrote: DFS is the only correct answer.

Sensational defensive performance from him tonight, for sure!

I wish he could’ve dropped a few of those open corner threes in the first half though.
Like Reply
KP is the only correct answer.

First time I have thought he has played to the true level I thought the Mavs were getting when they traded for him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
(11-24-2021, 01:28 AM)Kammrath Wrote: KP is the only correct answer.

First time I have thought he has played to the true level I thought the Mavs were getting when they traded for him.

He was super active and looked almost athletic.  Mavs really have to have their role guys hitting high 30's low 40's on three.  KP and Luka give them all the space in the world.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(11-24-2021, 01:28 AM)Kammrath Wrote: KP is the only correct answer.

Too many blunders imo.
Like Reply
DFS deserves credit for his defense and Luka for a great performance playing through injuries and fouls, but KP won the game. He looks like a totally renewed player right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tyler's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
I honestly don’t know who to give my vote. I could make a compelling argument for all four choices.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • burekemde, embellisher
Like Reply
(11-24-2021, 01:31 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I honestly don’t know who to give my vote.

https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1463394639013191681
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1463395064256811011
Like Reply
Has to be KP - he actually made the Clippers pay for playing small
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
All 4 guys on the Dirkie list deserve at least some consideration.  Luka with a pretty good, gutty performance.  KP with maybe his best game this year.  Maxie had a rough night offensively, but he is an understated glue guy with outstanding defense.  But...DFS played 49 minutes, had 17 points, and his defense on Paul George was stellar.  I give my Dirkie to DFS.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ballsrchr's post:
  • cow
Like Reply
BTW, bench Dirkie goes to Sterling Brown. On a night when Dallas really needed their depth to step up, he had a really nice game.
[-] The following 5 users Like Tyler's post:
  • Hypermav, Jommybone, Kammrath, MrGoat, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
This win feels like it could be a season defining, momentum changing kind of win. It feels like some things really clicked for the Mavs tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1463396332496900103
Like Reply
(11-24-2021, 01:38 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1463396332496900103

Should have been 7 assists.
Like Reply
The studio Durkee goes to Damaris, who I sincerely hope is being groomed to take over for Harper soon.
Like Reply
I'll vote DFS. With healthy KP my expectations for him have gone up. Maxi would have gotten it with one more free throw made
Like Reply
I'm having a tough time with this one between DFS and KP. Hate DFS's (edit: 3 pt) shooting and rebounding, LOVED his defense on PG13! Liked KP's offense and mostly his defense, hated his 7 Rebs, and all other stats. Cow is right even though I gave him a hard time about it, KP needs to be stronger with the ball. Refs also have no reason to swallow their whistle when all the Clippers hang on his arms though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-24-2021, 01:44 AM)MrGoat Wrote: I'll vote DFS. With healthy KP my expectations for him have gone up. Though I could easily vote for Maxi too

Kleber was DOMINATE defensively during that 4-5 minute stretch during which they held the Clippers scoreless down the stretch. If the Mavs had closed it out in regulation, I think he might be getting my vote.

I legitimately cannot decide between porzingis and Finney-Smith tonight. I kind of want to give it to Porzingis, because he really was amazing. But I think Finney-Smith‘s defense on Paul George was consistently great for 49 (49!!!) minutes, And this is exactly the type of performance from him that goes overlooked so often.
Like Reply