Poll: Will Josh Green be with Mavs in November
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
82.86%
29 82.86%
No
17.14%
6 17.14%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Josh Green be with Mavs in November
(07-17-2021, 02:39 AM)Aussiebballer Wrote: Well if they add guys like Dinwiddie and Oubre then maybe they will play more uptempo.
Noel and Holmes would also be good with that style.

I hope so. 

I think Luka's whole bag is slowing the game down. Plus, someone wrote here the other day (can't remember who you were, sorry) that Kidd's first two head coaching stops were slow-playing teams.
Like Reply
This was the only Josh Green thread I could find. A year later, this board’s analysis (above) seems spot on to me. So what’s next for the Aussie enigma? 

I get the disappointment in his offensive development, but I love the kid on D and in the open court. Love his speed, handles, athleticism. He shows flashes as a rebounder. He works. He’s improving. And what if that 3 pointer turns the corner? 

If he hits the weight room and adds 15 lbs of muscle, could he be the next Iggy? If that’s aiming too high, how about Jae Crowder? (Josh is just an inch shorter with a longer wingspan.)
Like Reply
I just need one more year of regression from SBey (39% FG, 34% 3P, -4.7 on/off this past season) and one more big step from JG this year to be right! Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
It all depends if the team really likes him and is willing to be patient with him until 2023 because the minutes are going to be hard to get unless they trade THJ. 

Luka, Brunson, Dinwiddie, THJ, Bullock...with potentially adding a veteran PG in free agency. No way he gets minutes (or even Ntilikina if they bring him back too)
Like Reply
I’m with you Kamm! I’ve been on the Green > Bey train for awhile now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
Don´t see it. Bey struggled with a bigger role because the Pistons asked him to create for himself. Especially early in the season. As the season progressed he looked more and more comfortable in his new role. Averaging 16ppg on league average efficiency post allstar break. The key for him is consistency. Single digit scoring games followed by a 50pts performance. Five consecutive 20+ pts games but also consecutive games with single digit scoring numbers.

In comparisation Green´s skill set is super limited. Doesn´t mean that I would give him up. Still has potential to turn into a solid 3&D wing.
Like Reply
(06-22-2022, 08:02 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: It all depends if the team really likes him and is willing to be patient with him until 2023 because the minutes are going to be hard to get unless they trade THJ. 

Luka, Brunson, Dinwiddie, THJ, Bullock...with potentially adding a veteran PG in free agency. No way he gets minutes (or even Ntilikina if they bring him back too)

That is a good point.   You may be right.

On the other hand, I know the minutes are tight but if Green is in your future you find minutes for him.   We saw some good development as he got consistent minutes over the second half of the season.  It would be tough to see growth if his playing time disappeared.  Not impossible, but it would be a bad sign if he goes back to just mop up duty.  If that is the case, Mavs may be best served looking for a reset.   

Regardless, Mavs need to have 2-3 guys who are low $ guys who will eventually replace our 10 million guys if they want to re-balance their roster.
Like Reply
We had this same theme a year ago, that he would get squeezed. But he was not -- he got all he merited, and was pushed to grow. His minutes went up, not down.

IF Mavs think Green has a future, same thing will happen going forward. Kidd is good at working development into the games. He's a teacher. No way JG plays very little solely because of who else they have.

If not, he'll get traded. But looks to me like they are quite a ways away from pulling the plug. We'll see.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I wanted Bane, not Bey. But that's beside the point. Green still has a chance to be a key Mavs rotation player, or even starter. His growth was stunted in year 1 by Rick Carlisle and COVID. Year 3 is when you see a lot of raw prospects like him show significant improvement.

(06-22-2022, 09:11 AM)Jommybone Wrote: I get the disappointment in his offensive development, but I love the kid on D and in the open court. Love his speed, handles, athleticism. He shows flashes as a rebounder. He works. He’s improving. And what if that 3 pointer turns the corner? 

If he hits the weight room and adds 15 lbs of muscle, could he be the next Iggy? If that’s aiming too high, how about Jae Crowder? (Josh is just an inch shorter with a longer wingspan.)

I watch a lot of Bulls games and to me, Green reminds me a lot of Alex Caruso. 

Caruso has the better instincts right now but he is a lot older too. Keep in mind, Caruso didn't become a consistent rotation player with the Lakers until year 3 at age 25. Green won't be 22 until November.  

Keep the faith.
[-] The following 4 users Like Fuerza1's post:
  • DallasMaverick, F Gump, Jommybone, Smitty
Like Reply