Poll: Will Josh Green be with Mavs in November
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
82.86%
29 82.86%
No
17.14%
6 17.14%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Josh Green be with Mavs in November
Lets continue with next member, going in a total random order. I know some are waiting for the press conference today, but I doubt Mavs will give answers direct enough to say what is the plan with specific player. I think all options are still open, with the exception of perhaps KP. So, will Josh Green be with Mavs at the start of next season - what you expect Mavs will do not what you would do? Simple yes or no vote, provide explanation in the post.
Like Reply
I think his value as an asset is low and I doubt anyone would see him as a considerable sweetener in a bigger trade if there was one. His contract is most likely also not needed to match salaries. It could happen he would be a throw in somewhere, but I think it is not very likely. It makes most sense for Mavs to develop him and raise his value, either as a valuable player or asset. I vote Green will stay a Maverick.
Like Reply
I hope he stays.

Unlike most of you who thinks Saddiq is the better player, I am one of those who thinks Green will be the better player in 2 years time.
I am impressed with Green's defense, his motor, his quickness, his vision, his attitude being a team-first dude and he seems like a cerebral player who can make plays for others (and for himself in the long run).
That athleticism if combined with basketball smarts will go a long way. What is lacking from him is shooting (which can be fixed) and confidence to be some one more than just a 3 and D guy. And its what I am hoping from him.

I expect the Mavs to run more with Kidd as coach. If the Mavs do get a playmaker and that playmaker is a PG who loves to run, I expect Green to flourish.

But what do I expect? I expect him to be traded because some team will ask for him as part of a bigger trade. He has value.
Like Reply
(07-15-2021, 06:16 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: I expect the Mavs to run more with Kidd as coach.

Both times Kidd was a head coach his teams played at slow pace
Like Reply
I actually think he has enough to intrigue somebody in a trade. I could see Atlanta asking for Kleber + Green (over Richardson) after unsuccessfully trying for DFS.
Like Reply
(07-15-2021, 06:16 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Unlike most of you who thinks Saddiq is the better player, I am one of those who thinks Green will be the better player in 2 years time.

AMEN. Right there with you.

Saddiq strikes me as the kind of guy who could peak his rookie year, like MCW did.
Like Reply
I hope he stays. I don't think he'll get traded on his own, but may end up a sweetener in a bigger deal. Personally, I'd like to see him get more time and see what he could grow in to.
Like Reply
I think he will be back.  We will need to be patient with him, but I hope for consistent minutes next year so he can begin figuring stuff out on the court.    

Two things that worry me though.  One, we have a new front office and coach and they are not tied to any of our current players.  Second, the previous front office never negotiated at a strength and would also be willing to throw in a future first in a trade.   If I am a smart team, I am asking for Green as a throw in and see how desperate Dallas is.  

I wish Green could play in the summer league (I assume he is out right?).  The Olympic experience is good for him, but I really wanted to see him as a focal point of the offense in the summer league.  Rather than a guy who just runs to the corner.   His biggest area for improvement for me is his ability to create off the dribble.    His shot needs work too, but if he can create off the dribble it will open a ton to his game.
Like Reply
He has more value to the Mavs as a potential role player than whatever his trade value is.

The only thing I like about him is that he seems to know already that he'll have to play D to make it.  Most young players dont know that.
Like Reply
Ya, his value is really low. I put the chances he is required as a throw in from another team at 20%. That means he’s 80/20 staying.
Like Reply
(07-15-2021, 06:29 AM)omahen Wrote: Both times Kidd was a head coach his teams played at slow pace

Seems like Luka prefers a (fairly) slow pace, too.
Like Reply
(07-15-2021, 08:20 AM)Kammrath Wrote: AMEN. Right there with you.

Saddiq strikes me as the kind of guy who could peak his rookie year, like MCW did.

Hater alert. You're scraping the bottom of the barrel comparing him to MCW.  I really don't see any regression going forward.
Like Reply
Keep. His rookie season was somewhat disappointing but he has no real trade value and at least showed that he can defend on an above average level. Give him a few more years (rookie contract) to work on his offense. Still think that Bey (reminds me of a young PG with less athleticism) would have been the better pick but I haven´t given up on Green (or Bey, Hinton, Terry).
Like Reply
Yes. Drafting him was the one thing Voulgaris did right
Like Reply
Magic 8-ball after the presser said, “All signs point to yes”.
Like Reply
(07-15-2021, 05:55 AM)omahen Wrote: I think his value as an asset is low and I doubt anyone would see him as a considerable sweetener in a bigger trade if there was one. His contract is most likely also not needed to match salaries. It could happen he would be a throw in somewhere, but I think it is not very likely. It makes most sense for Mavs to develop him and raise his value, either as a valuable player or asset. I vote Green will stay a Maverick.

Kind of exactly how I view him. His value as a trade chip is insignificant enough where I think the Mavs can get the guys they want without him being included. I'm interested to see how he fares under a new HC that appears to be willing to play young guys more.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Capability of executing more advance dribble moves not shown in the video, but the ability to get the rebound/steal and run on the break without looking for the PG is a huge plus. Green goes full speed and looks very comfortable and under control. If the coaching staff decides the team needs to quicken the pace a bit, Green is going to get a lot of easy points. 

My hope is that Green would improve his handles to a point where he is allowed to dribble up court and make a few plays similar to what JR was asked to last season. IMHO, his vision and passing is more advance than anyone from the team, except of course for Luka and maybe Brunson.

And let's not even talk about his defense. He knows where the ball is going to be, from a pass or from a shot, he knows where it would land. That's instinct that's hard to teach.

I hope Green doesn't get traded.

Like Reply
If the Mavs go more run and gun then Green could really flourish.
His defence will be an asset no matter what but if they stay with the Heavy Luka slow offence then Green won’t do much on the offensive end.
Like Reply
(07-17-2021, 12:44 AM)Aussiebballer Wrote: If the Mavs go more run and gun then Green could really flourish.
His defence will be an asset no matter what but if they stay with the Heavy Luka slow offence then Green won’t do much on the offensive end.

I've always been a fan of fast pace teams, but I don't think the signs point to Dallas playing that way any time soon.
Like Reply
Well if they add guys like Dinwiddie and Oubre then maybe they will play more uptempo.
Noel and Holmes would also be good with that style.
Like Reply