Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Kemba + #16 + 2nd to OKC | Horford + 2nd to BOS
(06-18-2021, 11:29 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Presti receives another 1st round pick to rehab a player's value.  Like I said, I dont think he is going to give up picks to pick up a rehab project like KP.

At some point he is going to leverage those picks for actual players, because there are simply too many to feasibly draft and develop internally, but I agree it probably won't be for KP.
Like Reply
Can we just trade KP for Presti?
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 11:47 AM)DallasBasketball Wrote: Can we just trade KP for Presti?

We don't have enough picks to package in order for that to work.
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 09:03 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: So Kemba can't be traded again this summer right?   That's a huge sigh of relief for me as a Mavs fan.

Thank you, God, that this nightmare waiting to usher Luka out of town is now off the table, at least for the short term.

(06-18-2021, 09:38 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: I'd rather take my chances on KP improving back to his 2020 level of play than having anything to do with  Kemba or Horford.

Yes.  Trading KP for Kemba Walker and anything was about the most asinine thing ever.  Walker is a worse defender, 5 years older, believe it or not a worse shooter from 3 both last year and for his career than KP, and a foot and a half shorter...and he's probably in worse health than KP.  He made his money dominating the ball on a terrible team and has done NOTHING when surrounded by talent. 

If there was literally a worse star level player to trade KP for, if there was a more idiotic trade to make, Kemba Walker for KP was it.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 11:24 AM)SwisherPrice Wrote: https://twitter.com/SIChrisMannix/status...37827?s=20

Oh....my....word....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]\

If you EVER wanted to by that Rolex at the flea market from the dude on the side for only $300, trading for Kemba Walker is for you.  If you think that KP is non-serviceable and unavailable, just wait until you get Kemba Walker...the snack-sized, older version of THJ who can't shoot as well and is hurt half the time.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
So after the the NBA resets it's calendar Dallas trades for Kemba and he gets his partial kicker...
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 09:03 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I am also struck by how much BOS paid to get off Kemba and their OLD player back.....WOW. What a failure of a couple of moves by them.

Kind of interesting how the former coach becomes GM and his first act is to undo a move (at great expense) that we can now probably assume he didn't like, huh?

(06-18-2021, 11:24 AM)SwisherPrice Wrote: https://twitter.com/SIChrisMannix/status...37827?s=20

Lol
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 12:07 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Kind of interesting how the former coach becomes GM and his first act is to undo a move (at great expense) that we can now probably assume he didn't like, huh?

Yep, Brad Stevens was probably like me thinking, "Why the hell are we bringing THIS guy in at this stage of his career and health?!?!"
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 12:21 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Yep, Brad Stevens was probably like me thinking, "Why the hell are we bringing THIS guy in at this stage of his career and health?!?!"

Maybe, or maybe he just REALLY thought what Horford did for that team was indispensable. Maybe both.
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 11:57 AM)TXBamanut Wrote: Thank you, God, that this nightmare waiting to usher Luka out of town is now off the table, at least for the short term.

Yes.  Trading KP for Kemba Walker and anything was about the most asinine thing ever.  Walker is a worse defender, 5 years older, believe it or not a worse shooter from 3 both last year and for his career than KP, and a foot and a half shorter.  He made his money dominating the ball on a terrible team and has done NOTHING when surrounded by talent. 

If there was literally a worse star level player to trade KP for, if there was a more idiotic trade to make, Kemba Walker for KP was it.

My thing was at least I have some hope for KP that he could improve/stay healthy enough that you could flip him when his value is higher.   Like maybe he goes into the offseason healthy for the first time in his career and develops some strength and something resembling a passable post game and can rim defend back to his 2020 level then at least you have something you can work with either as a player or a trade piece.   Even if it's just a 20% probability, at least it's something.    Also, that Clippers matchup was absolutely horrible for KP and his reptuation is at an all time low after that series, but he would have been much more useful if they had played Suns, Nuggets, Jazz or any team that uses a true 5.  

I had no hope for Kemba and his knee.   It seems like microfracture is basically not even used anymore because the surgery is so bad for a professional athlete's career they just tell the players to fight through it or retire, but microfracture is essentially what Kemba needs.   And as a 6' foot 30 something small guard with no threat to dribble by a defender, what is even the point?   Defenders just get inside of his shirt and contest his jumper.
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 12:21 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Yep, Brad Stevens was probably like me thinking, "Why the hell are we bringing THIS guy in at this stage of his career and health?!?!"

There is no way a player like him went there without knowing that the coach wanted him
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 12:05 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: So after the the NBA resets it's calendar Dallas trades for Kemba and he gets his partial kicker...

Be prepared
Like Reply
I don't think Mavs will trade for Kemba but who knows. I would say his trade kicker means his deal is even worse so I doubt you'd have to send any picks to get him. But I'd rather not mess with him at all honestly.
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 03:39 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I don't think Mavs will trade for Kemba but who knows. I would say his trade kicker means his deal is even worse so I doubt you'd have to send any picks to get him. But I'd rather not mess with him at all honestly.

I wouldn't love but I certainly wouldn't hate it either.
Like Reply
Kemba + 3 FRP for Powell + JRich + bag of day old donuts?

It would have to be a big incoming enticement to take him on. Feels like Rondo Part Deux.
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 04:01 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Kemba + 3 FRP for Powell + JRich + bag of day old donuts?

It would have to be a big incoming enticement to take him on. Feels like Rondo Part Deux.

I don’t think there’s any scenario in which getting Kemba Walker is the prize. Either you are interested in him as a way of ridding yourself of Porzingis or you take Walker on as a means of getting other assets. Or both.

Or, you just don’t want him.
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 03:43 PM)cow Wrote: I wouldn't love but I certainly wouldn't hate it either.

Hayward is my new hobby horse. I would much rather have him.
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 04:10 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Hayward is my new hobby horse. I would much rather have him.

Just copy and paste my response that you quoted.   Tongue
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 11:47 AM)DallasBasketball Wrote: Can we just trade KP for Presti?

Presti just built an absolute monster of a house in the Nichols Hills area.  The kind of house you build when you have TREMENDOUS job security.  I know you were kidding, but he’s not changing jobs anytime soon.
Like Reply
What I don't understand in this trade - couldn't Boston get any cheaper or better center by involving a third team? Did OKC really insist on adding Horford albatross contract instead of just taking Kemba into cap space? Of course all of that would only be possible after FA opens. But why such hurry?
Like Reply