Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Sexton On the Market? | ORL Likes Hartenstein?
(05-30-2024, 01:10 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: NBACentral
@TheDunkCentral
The Lakers are open to discussing deals centered around Jarred Vanderbilt, per
@jovanbuha

I hear the Mavs are open to discussing deals centered around Markieff Morris, too.
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • Arioch, KillerLeft
(05-30-2024, 07:54 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: LOL.   So they are open to Vanderbilt deals.   Wow.

I remember a year or two there was a lot of interest in getting Vanderbilt on the Mavs.  His value has really tanked since going to LA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
(05-30-2024, 08:49 AM)mvossman Wrote: I remember a year or two there was a lot of interest in getting Vanderbilt on the Mavs.  His value has really tanked since going to LA.

Hasn't shown any improvement as a shooter and suffered a season ending injury. I would consider him as a high upside pickup but I don't want to add another development project to the SF/PF rotation. That's OMax spot and I would prefer to see him in the few available development minutes.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, rocky164
(05-30-2024, 08:49 AM)mvossman Wrote: I remember a year or two there was a lot of interest in getting Vanderbilt on the Mavs.  His value has really tanked since going to LA.

I think he’s still valuable, just not AS valuable as he was to the Mavs back when we were discussing him all the time.

Reading between the lines on this, I bet they are subtly communicating with teams who they’ve negotiated with in the past.
https://x.com/esidery/status/1796240234138476951

Klay Thompson set to hit the FA market for the 1st time.
(05-28-2024, 01:22 PM)HAguiar95 Wrote: THJ/Green/Powell + '25 DAL 1st?

Love his game, much like PJ, his situation was not the best. Good defender, all-around game (jumper/slasher) to add to our youth.

Really?  I think he was guarding Luka on most of the possessions when Luka dropped a career high 73 pts on the Hawks last season.  Nobody could stop him that night.
(05-30-2024, 07:53 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Hayward didn't work out and he never fit in.   I think he still has something left.  Not sure if we have the spot open or if he is someone we would be interested in, but I think he can still help a team as a 7th-9th man off the bench.

At the right price, Hayward could be a nice SF backup to Luka for a year or two.

- Kyrie, DJJ/Green, Hayward, PJW, Lively/Gafford
(05-30-2024, 01:31 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: Really?  I think he was guarding Luka on most of the possessions when Luka dropped a career high 73 pts on the Hawks last season.  Nobody could stop him that night.

Bro come on, where is this even coming from? Hunter didn't play in that game.
(07-06-2023, 02:17 PM)RGP1981 Wrote: Time to see if Nico can pivot like a ballerina to the next move.

Trade Holmes + Hardy for Daniel Gafford?
Trade THJ + McGee + 2nd for PJ Washington + McGowens?
Sign Terence Davis

1-5: Luka, Kyrie, Green, Washington, Gafford
6-10: Exum, Seth, G. Williams, Kleber, Lively
11-15: Wright, Davis, McGowens, O-max, Powell

I made this post on 6th July 2023, a coupla weeks after the draft, suggesting Gafford + PJW. Cool Big Grin
[-] The following 5 users Like RGP1981's post:
  • DallasMaverick, fifteenth, From Dirk to Luka, SleepingHero, sterlingmallory
(05-31-2024, 02:16 AM)RGP1981 Wrote: I made this post on 6th July 2023, a coupla weeks after the draft, suggesting Gafford + PJW. Cool Big Grin

And that would be impressive if 98% of your other posts weren't ideas based around switching Kyrie Irving out for Dejounte Murray.

JK, this was a good call.
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • DallasMaverick, From Dirk to Luka, mvossman, RGP1981
(05-31-2024, 02:16 AM)RGP1981 Wrote: I made this post on 6th July 2023, a coupla weeks after the draft, suggesting Gafford + PJW. Cool Big Grin

You were just way wrong on what it would take to get them Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like omahen's post:
  • mvossman, RGP1981, SleepingHero

[Image: friday-happydance.gif]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • RGP1981
NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)
Isaiah Hartenstein could receive up to $100M in free agency, per @JakeLFischer

“League executives and cap strategists are projecting Hartenstein will be able to draw at least $80 million, and perhaps upward of $100 million, from a team hoping to steal Hartenstein from Madison Square Garden.”
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)
The Cavaliers are showing willingness to keep their core four, per @JakeLFischer

“The Cavs don’t appear very motivated to listen to trade inquiries for any member of their core four, sources said, even with the possibility that Garland’s representation at Klutch Sports could move to request a trade if Mitchell extends long term.”
(05-31-2024, 11:06 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)
Isaiah Hartenstein could receive up to $100M in free agency, per @JakeLFischer

“League executives and cap strategists are projecting Hartenstein will be able to draw at least $80 million, and perhaps upward of $100 million, from a team hoping to steal Hartenstein from Madison Square Garden.”

Agent-speak.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
(05-31-2024, 11:16 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Agent-speak.

I don´t doubt $80M. People need to remember that the MLE is already at $13M and in two years it´s probably $17-18M. So on a four year deal you basically pay him a bloated MLE. There is a lot of value in these Gafford/Washington deals just from an age and annual salary perspective. We can easily recuperate the trade value in 12 months, IF we chose to.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
(05-31-2024, 11:16 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Agent-speak.

OKC is desperate for a big man with hustle, and energy. Hartenstien is that in spades. 

They have to spend their money somewhere.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
(05-31-2024, 12:32 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: OKC is desperate for a big man with hustle, and energy. Hartenstien is that in spades. 

Not sure. If they want to keep their core together they have to think about the extensions of their rookie contracts. A big 1-2 year deal wouldn't hurt but any additional year would really hurt their chances to resign their own guys.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
(05-31-2024, 12:14 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I don´t doubt $80M. People need to remember that the MLE is already at $13M and in two years it´s probably $17-18M. So on a four year deal you basically pay him a bloated MLE. There is a lot of value in these Gafford/Washington deals just from an age and annual salary perspective. We can easily recuperate the trade value in 12 months, IF we chose to.

The center market is going to be real interesting this offseason.  With a limited free agent crop, someone is going to get very lucky and get a huge payday.   Some may be left out though as not all teams want to invest a lot of money with a non elite center.

Hartenstein and Nic Claxton are probably the two guys who get rich paydays.    OKC would be interesting for either.   If I am Hartenstein, it would be tough for me to leave NYC if they give me 17-18 million.   He seems to be a really good fit there.    

I could see Jonas getting squeezed though. 

The trade market will also be full.   Not sure if Jarett Allen will be moved but we will see.  Capela, Ayton could be available but may not find a lot of traction.   

It is one of the reasons I hope the Mavs are proactive on resigning Gafford a year early.    Might be able to get him at a slight discount when that time comes.
(05-31-2024, 12:32 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: OKC is desperate for a big man with hustle, and energy. Hartenstien is that in spades. 

I agree that they should take a hard look at someone like Hartenstein. 

The problem with that, however, and the reason that they didn’t pull the trigger on a big at the deadline (I think), is that in THEIR STYLE, Holmgren just isn’t a 4. I know many casual fans (not you) see a guy like Chet and immediately say “him skinny, him not center, him four” as they drool on their remotes, but a move in that direction would essentially turn them into the Timberwolves, and we just saw how that works. 

Now, part of WHY it hasn’t worked (yet) in Minnesota is that Gobert just doesn’t make an impact on the offensive side, whereas Hartenstein would, but…I honestly felt like Holmgren intimidated the Mavs in the paint on defense MORE than Gobert did in this series. I don’t think rim protection is the Thunder’s problem, like at all. I think they need a BACKUP center OPTION that isn’t Jalen Williams, for sure. I think you could make an argument that HE’s a 4, but even then, he’ll still need some time at center so they can run and play 5-out.

So, to me, it’s a hard target to hit. A guy who can play as a traditional big for extended minutes, but doesn’t expect the starting job to be gifted to him upon arrival. Ironically, I think Gafford might’ve been a better fit for them than the Mavericks. but, most of the names we know aren’t going to want to play third big minutes. After the year he just had, I would put Hartenstein on that list of people I would expect to be less than thrilled to go experiment in OKC.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, SleepingHero