Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: PHX Wants Lebron+Bronny| Jazz to Shop Collins
(06-30-2023, 07:57 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: How so?  I think that is what we will need to do.  Grant is over a 12 million player.   I am just not sure how we get there and it is something Boston would be ok with.

Who else could offer him more than MLE at this stage? OKC, Spurs and Houston, who seems to be after other targets, MLE might be too rich even for Boston. So my hope would be Grant for MLE and second rounder to Boston for them not to match
Like Reply
This guy is back on Twitter and breaking everything before anyone else. He just tweeted this…

@droppingdimes02

Anyone from Miami waiting for news? SUPERSTAR ⭐️

A while ago he also said…

@droppingdimes02

Get ready, they about to start revealing all the trades.
Like Reply
Above MLE is a problem, because Mavs would need to be sending salary somewhere, which would cost assets Mavs don't have
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 07:42 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Seems like everyone is getting the role players snagged up, except Dallas.

Honestly 95% of these role players I don't think are that good, nor do I think they'd succeed.

Brown, Vincent, Watanabe and a couple of others are really only the ones I am a bit bummed out the Mavs didn't get.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 08:05 PM)soog Wrote: This guy is back on Twitter and breaking everything before anyone else. He just tweeted this…

@droppingdimes02

The original was @droppingdimes20 

It's a fake.
Like Reply
Assuming the Mavs are going to do anything other than give Dwight the full MLE and call it an off-season ignores the historical reality.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Any word on C-Wood??
If using the MLE result is not a single player, but 2 or 3, then it could conceivably open a slot for a S&T.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SkenfromLMF's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 08:05 PM)soog Wrote: This guy is back on Twitter and breaking everything before anyone else. He just tweeted this…

@droppingdimes02

A while ago he also said…

@droppingdimes02

Get ready, they about to start revealing all the trades.

Not the guy
Like Reply
Free agent G Fred VanVleet has agreed on a three-year, $130 million contract with the Houston Rockets,
@KlutchSports
CEO Rich Paul and agent Erika Ruiz tell ESPN. Rockets land ex-Raptors All-Star in his prime at 29 years old.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 08:06 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Assuming the Mavs are going to do anything other than give Dwight the full MLE and call it an off-season ignores the historical reality.

Mavs traded for a draft pick. We are already in an alternate universe. Might as well hope that they also changed their free agency approach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 07:50 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: If we have MLE and BAE, we also have almost $17mm under the tax.  I think some full MLE person is unlikely.  More likely, we split $17mm somehow with part of MLE going to a player and Powell resigning for the rest of that.  

Before that though, we probably have a trade to make and we need to see the salary matching details of that first.

You can always dump McGee with the 2030 SRP worst case scenario. Stein already reported that he was not in the Mavs plans.
Like Reply
The best news so far is Ayton is still a Sun!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 08:06 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Assuming the Mavs are going to do anything other than give Dwight the full MLE and call it an off-season ignores the historical reality.

They did manage to re-sign their good player this year though! AND on a discount. 

FVV signed for 4 mil more. I wonder if that will tick off Kyrie...
Like Reply
I hope this is not true. Terrence Davis is not what Mavs need

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...2836293633
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 08:07 PM)Smitty Wrote: Not the guy

Yeah I know a bunch of fakes popped up after they took his original down, but I’ve been following this one and he is breaking every signing so far before it hits ESPN or Twitter. So I THINK this is really him again. We’ll know if Miami really does land a star
[-] The following 3 users Like soog's post:
  • BigDirk41, MFFL, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
@JakeLFischer
·
21s
Brook Lopez's free agent decision is definitely one of the larger dominoes free agents and teams are waiting to learn. There was increasing word today that Houston's offer could even exceed the two-year, $40 million figure that's been widely rumored in recent days.

(06-30-2023, 08:10 PM)omahen Wrote: I hope this is not true. Terrence Davis is not what Mavs need

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...2836293633

Fun mnemonic for Mike Scotto.

Scotto=Hell No. 

I don't believe that for a sec. Seems agent driven.
Like Reply
Ha….Kyrie clapped back on Bill Simmons on a tweet. I guess i should get use to no good Mavs talks on the Ringers podcasts for the next few years. LOL
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • SleepingHero, Tyler
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 08:00 PM)omahen Wrote: Lakers out: Beasley, Bamba, Brown
Lakers in: Reddish, Vincent, Prince
Lakers still to resign: Schroeder, Walker (both likely gone), DLo, Reaves

I don't think they are that much deeper as they were.

They re-signed Rui and there's still a path to re-sign DLo and Reaves. If that happens they are deeper. Schroeder and Walker aren't likely back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 08:13 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Ha….Kyrie clapped back on Bill Simmons on a tweet.  I guess i should get use to no good Mavs talks on the Ringers podcasts for the next few years.  LOL

A Kyrie who is personally motivated to prove the haters wrong is great news for Dallas.
[-] The following 2 users Like Tyler's post:
  • BigDirk41, Smitty
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 08:14 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: They re-signed Rui and there's still a path to re-sign DLo and Reaves. If that happens they are deeper. Schroeder and Walker aren't likely back.

I don't think Reddish, Vincent, Prince is better than the guys they already lost.
Like Reply