Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: PHX Wants Lebron+Bronny| Hawks to Shop Hunter
(06-30-2023, 06:01 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: So Dallas must have a plan to use their MLE.  Just tough to find one player who fits it.  I see more trade targets.  But them keeping the MLE seemed important to them.

Grant Williams still seems like the obvious fit
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • loki, Tyler
Like Reply
Please Mavs go hard after Thybulle now.

3 years full MLE and he'll be the Bullock replacement.

Then package THJ+Bullock+Holmes for Ayton.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Smitty, Tyler
Like Reply
Personally, I would not prioritize it but I would also gamble on a wild card such as Reddish. I would want to do other things first and would need an open spot. Not MLE but he is someone who might be worth a gamble on
Like Reply
Now it gets difficult. Best remaining 3&D targets are RFA. Thybulle, Williams, McDaniels.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 06:02 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Please Mavs go hard after Thybulle now.

3 years full MLE and he'll be the Bullock replacement.

Then package THJ+Bullock+Holmes for Ayton.

Disagree

what the heck has Thybulle shown to get that big of a commitment?
Like Reply
Looking at the FA list, not really much left, to be honest. Brooks, G.Williams and then a couple of meh options like Thybulle and the lesser McDaniels.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:59 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Aren’t their two best players small forwards? Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnson

Both O’Neal and DFS seem redundant

Plus Cam Thomas wants a bigger role.

Unless they're going with both at PF. If so, they don't have size at that spot. They could use someone else that's bigger than Claxton.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 06:02 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Grant Williams still seems like the obvious fit

Yeah, he has been my favorite since the beginning.   MLE seems too low for him though.  And I am not sure how we trade with Boston.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 06:01 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: So Dallas must have a plan to use their MLE.  Just tough to find one player who fits it.  I see more trade targets.  But them keeping the MLE seemed important to them.

They could also just bring more money in from trades, instead of MLE. Of course, not much assets to trade Smile
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:59 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Aren’t their two best players small forwards? Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnson

Both O’Neal and DFS seem redundant

Plus Cam Thomas wants a bigger role.

Sorry, I was talking strictly about “needing” to move someone to stay under the LT.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 06:03 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Disagree

Shot 39% on 4 attempts a game in 22 games for Portland. His perimeter defense has routinely been ranked among the highest of tiers in the NBA. He's young and also a great locker room guy.

Seems like a perfect candidate. Much rather that guy vs. Grant Williams or Dillon Brooks.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, mvossman, Smitty
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 06:03 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Disagree

Is there another guy available that has already made two all-defense teams (on his rookie contract).
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
ESPN saying Luka reached out to Kyrie saying come back.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • BigDirk41, Smitty
Like Reply
So what does Houston do if Van Feet stays in Toronto. They have 60 million burning a hole in their pocket?
Like Reply
Cleveland needs to send out salary, but not really much there to like. Assuming they are not looking to trade Allen Smile

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1674913639260733445
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status/167...7648238596

The Lakers were ultimately outbid. Brown was going to the Lakers if the NTMLE was his biggest option, which appeared to be the case until last night. The Pacers cleared extra cap space and threw that size of an offer at him
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 06:07 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: So what does Houston do if Van Feet stays in Toronto.  They have 60 million burning a hole in their pocket?

They can have a 2030 2nd round pick and Javal McGee Tongue
Like Reply
Nice contract for SA Jones

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1674916223304232964
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 06:08 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status/167...7648238596

The Lakers were ultimately outbid. Brown was going to the Lakers if the NTMLE was his biggest option, which appeared to be the case until last night. The Pacers cleared extra cap space and threw that size of an offer at him

Ha.   Seems like saving some face there
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • SleepingHero, Tyler
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 06:06 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Is there another guy available that has already made two all-defense teams (on his rookie contract).

He does nothing else. Rather give Prosper those minutes than spend MLE on Matisse. 

Maybe I’m way off but I’d be surprised if he beats the Georges Niang deal. 3/26

4 year MLE would be 4/54ish?
Like Reply