Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: 76ers Believe They Have A Shot at PG13
(06-28-2023, 06:25 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: I think he's much more switchable on defense but I do agree that he's an underwhelming rebounder and has injury concerns much like Porzingis.

There are plenty of other differences, too. I actually don’t think the two players are all that similar, outside of them both being centers who can shoot a little.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
And most importantly Turner would make around 20 mil a year the next 2
I think everyone would have been much more forgiving to KP if he was a clear 3rd or 4th option making that much money

he's just a failure of a #2 making max money
Like Reply
NOW Mavs Twitter is all over KAT…I’m not sure I’ll make it to Friday night.
Like Reply
(06-28-2023, 06:35 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: NOW Mavs Twitter is all over KAT…I’m not sure I’ll make it to Friday night.

If it wasn't for his salary, I would have loved KAT here.
He is Dirk biggest fan, and probably the guy who had the most tools to be next Dirk (which essentially would still be inferior version to the original one) but never managed to get it together to become the one he can be. Wolves was just one of the worst places for a player like him, we saw how Wiggins transformed after leaving them. 
Would love to see how KAT does if he has access to do some work with Dirk himself. 
But this is me talking as basketball fan, as Mavs fan there is simply too much risk in such package.

Edit:

Regarding Turner, he is Dallas native, and probably a Mavs fan. him liking a tweet about Mavs isn't something to care about
Like Reply
(06-28-2023, 06:47 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: If it wasn't for his salary, I would have loved KAT here.
He is Dirk biggest fan, and probably the guy who had the most tools to be next Dirk (which essentially would still be inferior version to the original one) but never managed to get it together to become the one he can be. Wolves was just one of the worst places for a player like him, we saw how Wiggins transformed after leaving them. 
Would love to see how KAT does if he has access to do some work with Dirk himself. 
But this is me talking as basketball fan, as Mavs fan there is simply too much risk in such package.

Is there any legitimate path to KAT? That's a big 3 I can get behind.
Like Reply
Siakim, now. I might need to take a break until Friday night. Mavs Twitter is just too crazy for me.
Like Reply
(06-28-2023, 07:00 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Siakim, now. I might need to take a break until Friday night. Mavs Twitter is just too crazy for me.

Who I've wanted for a couple years now
Nico will have all my love and respect if he pulls that off
Like Reply
(06-28-2023, 07:03 PM)Jym Wrote: Who I've wanted for a couple years now
Nico will have all my love and respect if he pulls that off

Oh, mine, too. 

But it’s not going to happen, and we’re just gonna read rumors about 10 different guys between now and Friday.
Like Reply
(06-28-2023, 07:05 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Oh, mine, too. 

But it’s not going to happen, and we’re just gonna read rumors about 10 different guys between now and Friday.

yeah maybe not to us, but them moving him before the deadline makes way too much sense. Such a logjam there for minutes
Like Reply
Not only do I not have twitter, I'm still trying to decode what you guys are talking about.

Taurean Prince and Myles Turner started following the Mavs on Twitter?
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • Jym
Like Reply
(06-28-2023, 07:27 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Not only do I not have twitter, I'm still trying to decode what you guys are talking about.

Taurean Prince and Myles Turner started following the Mavs on Twitter?

they Liked some Mavs related tweets
Like Reply
I read earlier that some thought Kuzma would wind up in Houston? Has that been reported anywhere? I just don’t see it. That would be a weird situation to go to with all those youngsters wanting your playing time. I still think Sacramento is the most likely spot. Go to a team that had a fun year and replace Barnes. fun style of play. That Houston situation could go all sorts of ways.
Like Reply
(06-28-2023, 07:30 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I read earlier that some thought Kuzma would wind up in Houston?  Has that been reported anywhere?  I just don’t see it.  That would be a weird situation to go to with all those youngsters wanting your playing time.  I still think Sacramento is the most likely spot.  Go to a team that had a fun year and replace Barnes.  fun style of play.  That Houston situation could go all sorts of ways.
None of the real players are going there. Houston is the FA dope that we have been on many occasions. Harden? Nah. Middleton? Lopez? Kyrie? FVV? None of these players were ever considering anything but using them for leverage 

Kuzma is the type of non-winning player who would actually accept a bag from them. Brooks and guys like that make sense too
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(06-28-2023, 06:49 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Is there any legitimate path to KAT? That's a big 3 I can get behind.

I rather have Kyrie on the way out on a deal with KAT.
I'm not big on KAT but neither am I with Kyrie.
Just doesn't feel right to have a flat-earther and a guy who thinks he's the greatest shooting big ever, on 1 team.

But on to KAT...
I'd take him over Ayton.
He fills a need as a 4 and 5 who can shoot.
Ayton doesn't defend anyway, so am not going to complain of KAT's defense.
If Kyrie's outgoing, there's still 2 guys who can score, and yet again 2 guys you're going to support defensively.

That said..
Mavs-Lakers-Wolves 3 way?
DLo goes back to Minnesota on a lower price than the first time they had him. Maybe.
Like Reply
Reggie decision day. Should be hearing some news soon

Prince, but only for BAE. We need to squeeze every ounce of value out of each asset. There’s better players available that are full MLE deserving
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Stein reporting IND is preparing to go above MLE money for Max Strus at $16 million a year. (suprising)…. Adding a vet shooter would seem to make Hield redundant. Would still love to add him as the ultimate high volume shooter… Hard to find a deal that makes sense for him (or Turner) with IND that doesn’t include the 2027 1st though.
Like Reply
(06-28-2023, 08:22 PM)Okstate819 Wrote: Stein reporting IND is preparing to go above MLE money for Max Strus at $16 million a year. (suprising)…. Adding a vet shooter would seem to make Hield redundant. Would still love to add him as the ultimate high volume shooter… Hard to find a deal that makes sense for him (or Turner) with IND that doesn’t include the 2027 1st though.
I don’t see any trade out there that we should use the 27 on. We need force ourselves to build creatively at the moment. Hence the Ayton interest. Moves like that. Prey on the high tax teams like that or look at change of scenery guys. Isaac and Fultz make some sense. Anything that we can do with ONLY…..MLE, BAE, Reggie, THJ, Holmes, Mcgee and even try to avoid 2030 2nd round pick 

1year from today we will control  6 of 7 FRP’s and 3 of 7 SRP’s. That’s a far cry from where we are today
[-] The following 3 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod, mvossman, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(06-28-2023, 07:30 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I read earlier that some thought Kuzma would wind up in Houston?  Has that been reported anywhere?  I just don’t see it.  That would be a weird situation to go to with all those youngsters wanting your playing time.  I still think Sacramento is the most likely spot.  Go to a team that had a fun year and replace Barnes.  fun style of play.  That Houston situation could go all sorts of ways.

Udoka is going to straighten them out. He's the perfect hire for them. They'll be good soon.
Like Reply
(06-28-2023, 08:32 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: I don’t see any trade out there that we should use the 27 on. We need force ourselves to build creatively at the moment. Hence the Ayton interest. Moves like that. Prey on the high tax teams like that or look at change of scenery guys. Isaac and Fultz make some sense. Anything that we can do with ONLY…..MLE, BAE, Reggie, THJ, Holmes, Mcgee and even try to avoid 2030 2nd round pick 

1year from today we will control  6 of 7 FRP’s and 3 of 7 SRP’s. That’s a far cry from where we are today

However you want to think of it
There's a chance we could get a really good deal if a team is desperate or a player really wants to come here. So we for sure have to poke around a bit.
Like Reply
Now there is no way in hell it happens, but just saying if the Mavs trade for KAT I'll go nuclear and personally write Cuban the strongest word email calling him the biggest idiot to ever live.

E V E R

DONT GET THAT LOSER AND PAY HIM 60 MIL AM I TAKIN CRAZY PILLS??
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Arioch, Jmaciscool, The Jom
Like Reply