Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: 76ers Believe They Have A Shot at PG13
(06-26-2023, 01:49 PM)mvossman Wrote: They wanted to move up in draft and Green for Capela.  They are not going to take a negative asset package for him.

Well, they wanted to move up in the draft for Collins, too.  Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like Tyler's post:
  • F Gump, Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(06-26-2023, 01:52 PM)Tyler Wrote: Well, they wanted to move up in the draft for Collins, too.  Wink

Yes, I'm glad Nico is not an idiot.  But Collins is clearly less value than Capela and they just got a better package than Holmes/Bullock for Collins.
Like Reply
Macmahon said on the Hoop collective he’s been told by people working for the Mavericks to calm down on the Grant Williams thing and that they’re skeptical that’s a thing that’s going to happen.

https://twitter.com/627zach/status/16733...14336?s=46&t=Ofn9ihgBPdBFQJpnkEDS0A
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-26-2023, 01:54 PM)mvossman Wrote: Yes, I'm glad Nico is not an idiot.  But Collins is clearly less value than Capela and they just got a better package than Holmes/Bullock for Collins.

Corpse of Rudy Gay and 2nd is better than Bullock/Holmes??  

I'm not sure of that.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status...20994?s=46&t=Fmdr94oXagcEyy75KJqaFg

NBACentral (@TheNBACentral)
Damian Lillard has ‘serious interest’ in joining the Miami Heat, per @sam_amick

“Lillard indeed has serious interest in joining the Heat, who would surely love to pair him with Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo. If it reaches this point — and there’s still an ‘if’ here considering all the times Lillard chose not to ask out before — Lillard’s wishes would matter a great deal because of the enormity of his contract.”
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-26-2023, 01:46 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: IMO, Kuzma is good enough to be the 3rd best player on a championship team, which he proved in LAL.  ~$18m/yr is where I'd put him.  He's an upgrade from Harrison Barnes, who I think is a real possibility for us in the same position/role.

I hope not.  Available on that roster I'd only want Hunter.

he was a 10 and 3 player in 23 mpg during the run that year

looking back I'm even more impressed Lebron and Davis carried that team to a title. Rondo was their 3rd most impactful player during the playoffs and he wasn't all that great
Like Reply
Would y'all trade Green for Z.Collins?
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status...15745?s=46&t=Fmdr94oXagcEyy75KJqaFg

NBACentral (@TheNBACentral)
James Harden returning to Houston remains a ‘strong possibility,’ per @sam_amick

“Only Harden and his inner circle truly know which way he is leaning, but a source close to him reconfirmed that the Rockets remain a serious possibility. And yes, as you may have wondered, that's still the case with Houston deciding to add guard Amen Thompson out of the Overtime Elite program with the fourth pick (they added forward Cam Whitmore out of Villanova at No. 20 as well).”
Like Reply
(06-26-2023, 01:50 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Mavs need size.  The right PF could really make the rest of the roster really fit together.   Those players are tough to find though.   Maybe eventually OMax could fill in as one of two guys.  But Dallas needs someone big who can also defend on the perimeter.

Still think that the best version of Luka is a part of the solution when it comes to big wing defense. He is never going to be quick enough to stay in front of smaller players but in small sample sizes he has shown the ability to defend SF/PFs and even some bigs.
Mavs obviously need another big wing but I wonder if they can get away with someone like Thybulle (6'5, 7'0 wingspan) if Luka steps up on defense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/esidery/status/16733...32768?s=46&t=Ofn9ihgBPdBFQJpnkEDS0A

Quote:Evan Sidery (@esidery)
The Pistons plan to make an aggressive push for Cam Johnson, potentially a $100+ million offer sheet in free agency, per @JLEdwardsIII (https://t.co/Bl5yjdrTDb):

“Detroit can offer {4-years, $100 million} comfortably — and a little bit more.”

Johnson already has a strong bond…
Like Reply
(06-26-2023, 02:00 PM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: Corpse of Rudy Gay and 2nd is better than Bullock/Holmes??  

I'm not sure of that.

It is the cap relief Utah can offer to reduce ATL tax.   Mavs wouldn't have been able to offer that.

(06-26-2023, 02:09 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/esidery/status/16733...32768?s=46&t=Ofn9ihgBPdBFQJpnkEDS0A

They have a lot bodies.  Something will need to happen there.  Not sure when, but they actually have too many mouths to feed.

(06-26-2023, 02:07 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Still think that the best version of Luka is a part of the solution when it comes to big wing defense. He is never going to be quick enough to stay in front of smaller players but in small sample sizes he has shown the ability to defend SF/PFs and even some bigs.
Mavs obviously need another big wing but I wonder if they can get away with someone like Thybull (6'5, 7'0 wingspan) if Luka steps up on defense.

Yeah, I think that needs to be figured out.   So having a PF who can guard wings at times would be ideal.  It would be even nicer if he could guard centers on occasion as well.  Tough to find.

That is why I think Grant Williams is perfect.   He just may be hard for the Mavs to get.
Like Reply
(06-26-2023, 02:10 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: It is the cap relief Utah can offer to reduce ATL tax.   Mavs wouldn't have been able to offer that.

True. But his point was the package they got for Collins is better than Holmes/Bullock. So therefore you couldnt get Capela with that.
Like Reply
(06-26-2023, 02:13 PM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: True. But his point was the package they got for Collins better is than Holmes/Bullock. So therefore you couldnt get Capela with that.

Ok Gotcha
Like Reply
(06-26-2023, 02:07 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Still think that the best version of Luka is a part of the solution when it comes to big wing defense. He is never going to be quick enough to stay in front of smaller players but in small sample sizes he has shown the ability to defend SF/PFs and even some bigs.
Mavs obviously need another big wing but I wonder if they can get away with someone like Thybull (6'5, 7'0 wingspan) if Luka steps up on defense.

IMO, you have to at least have a 3pt shot on offense in that role.  Thybull simply brings nothing to the offensive end.
Like Reply
(06-26-2023, 02:09 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/esidery/status/16733...32768?s=46&t=Ofn9ihgBPdBFQJpnkEDS0A

Good news for all team that are targeting players with the MLE. Pistons cap space projection is 28m. 100m offer for Johnson takes them out of the conversation for other free agents.
Like Reply
(06-26-2023, 02:03 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: Would y'all trade Green for Z.Collins?

If we got Bruce Brown for the MLE, Yes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Okstate819's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(06-26-2023, 02:17 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: IMO, you have to at least have a 3pt shot on offense in that role.  Thybull simply brings nothing to the offensive end.

Small sample size in Portland to finish the season was promising. 38.8% on 3.9 attempts. Not sure if that is sustainable but I think it is reasonable to assume that he can shoot around league average if he gets DFS/Maxi-like wide open looks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(06-26-2023, 02:00 PM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: Corpse of Rudy Gay and 2nd is better than Bullock/Holmes??  

I'm not sure of that.

Rudy Gay is an expiring contract, similar to Bullock.  Holmes is an established true negative asset.  A team just paid a first round pick to get off that contract.  Instead of taking on an asset that cost a first to dump, they get two seconds.
Like Reply

I don't see that happening.  While Luka has shown flashes of decent defense in the past, defense is hard work and Luka already exerts a ton of energy on the offensive end.  I don't think he'll ever been in good enough shape to play his current minutes and give you maximum effort on both ends of the floor. You'd need to convince him to play less minutes, not worry about his stats, and have a well-rounded enough team that could be productive in non-Luka minutes.  Now Kyrie should be able to offset some of the shot creation responsibilities so maybe that will allow Luka to be more engaged on defense.
Like Reply
(06-26-2023, 02:03 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: Would y'all trade Green for Z.Collins?

No.  Done spending assets on the 5.
[-] The following 3 users Like mvossman's post:
  • Jym, KillerLeft, SweetFidelia
Like Reply