Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.0 pt RAPTOR favs & 2.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
50.00%
4 50.00%
Nuggets
50.00%
4 50.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 17: DEN (10-7) @ DAL (8-9) | 113-117 loss
There was no sense of calmness with the offense at the end there. MAvs seemed hurried and just made a bad choice after bad choice.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(01-25-2021, 10:54 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Mavs have OUTSCORED the Nuggets by 17 POINTS while WCS is in the game. 17.

AND certainly WCS was THE reason THIS happened.
Like Reply
(01-25-2021, 10:55 PM)Kammrath Wrote: No it wasn't. Completely disagree. They were making it work.

I am not going to continue this BS discussion. I know that there is no point in arguing with you when it comes to WCS. If WCS ever learns to finish in the paint you might have a case.
Like Reply
(01-25-2021, 10:56 PM)cow Wrote: AND certainly WCS was THE reason THIS happened.

He did not HINDER the offense. That's my only point. I don't think he is helping it recently, but he isn't hurting anymore than other options.

The WCS scapegoat narrative is getting tiring. He isn't the problem on this team right now.
Like Reply
(01-25-2021, 10:57 PM)Kammrath Wrote: He did not HINDER the offense. That's my only point. I don't he is helping it recently, but he isn't hurting anymore than other options.

The WCS scapegoat narrative is getting tiring. He isn't the problem on this team right now.

But using Johnson as the scapegoat is okay???
Like Reply
Bad game by Zinger. Too many missed shots. Not competitive on the boards. And the Mavs lose. Gotta get more out of their supposed second all star.
Like Reply
(01-25-2021, 10:56 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I am not going to continue this BS discussion. I know that there is no point in arguing with you when it comes to WCS.

I only want the WCS scapegoating to stop, just as you rightly want the THJ scapegoating to stop. That is all. WCS is a rotation player and nothing more IMO. I don't think he is all that amazing, but he has been a positive contributor to this team and is a better option IMO than many of the others right now.
Like Reply
(01-25-2021, 10:56 PM)cow Wrote: AND certainly WCS was THE reason THIS happened.
Was a large reason with his defense. Also kept the defense honest as a lob threat for Luka, while Porzingis is always parked at the 3 pt line. Porzingis really can´t do much besides shooting threes and catching lobs. 

Foul by Porzingis, but out of bounds by Jokic. So Mavs ball.
Like Reply
Classic Rick Carlisle.
Like Reply
(01-25-2021, 10:59 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: But using Johnson as the scapegoat is okay???

Did you see my comment in this thread? I thought he did a great job on the offensive end tonight. He hurt on defense early in the game (and then at the very end on Jokic) but otherwise he had one of his better games. Good on him! He was not at all the issue tonight, KP was much worse overall.
Like Reply
(01-25-2021, 10:57 PM)Kammrath Wrote: He did not HINDER the offense. That's my only point. I don't think he is helping it recently, but he isn't hurting anymore than other options.

WCS is not THE problem on this team but his inability to score at the rim is unacceptable, imo.  At 7 feet, he MUST be able to score at point blank range.
Like Reply
Short-handed Mavs aren't beating the Jazz. We're going to be three games below .500. Knicks fans have to be salivating.

(01-25-2021, 11:01 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Classic Rick Carlisle.

What?

(01-25-2021, 11:00 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Bad game by Zinger. Too many missed shots. Not competitive on the boards. And the Mavs lose. Gotta get more out of their supposed second all star.

His games up to this were generally good. Still getting his rhythm back. Unnecessarily resting him doesn't help.
Like Reply
(01-25-2021, 10:57 PM)Kammrath Wrote: He did not HINDER the offense. That's my only point. I don't think he is helping it recently, but he isn't hurting anymore than other options.

The problem is we are missing players.  The problem is that when Luka went to the bench we went from having a lead to trailing by five.  The problem with WCS is that he is a major liability on the offensive side of the floor which makes it easy for opposing teams to throw double teams at other players which will hurt the offense in the long run, especially down the starch.  Get out of here with the scapegoating nonsense.  I've been very consistent with what that dude is and what he is not.  Looking at +/- in favor of watching game is as ridiculous tonight as it was when people took his +/- from 1 minute of playtime in the opener and compared it to Maxi's +/-.

I'm not putting this game on WCS, but if I need to make up a deficit, his ass is getting parked on the bench.

-KP was awful.
-THJ was awful short of the magic nutmeg period.
-We are missing four rotational pieces.

Hard to beat Denver at almost full strength with those circumstances.
Like Reply
I’m going to post this before I read through the thread: you guys know how much I love Carlisle, but he pulled the wrong big at the last timeout.

Johnson had a great game, but the coach wasted it by riding him about three minutes too long.

WCS sucked on offense, but he’s a difference maker against Jokic. Brings out the best in him, defensively.

Ultimately, the best decision might have been to sit KP’s ass to close the game, but you really can’t blame coach for not doing that. That’s the kind of stuff that gets you fired.

WCS/KP should’ve closed.
Like Reply
https://media.giphy.com/media/3orif1EBH5.../giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I still can't believe we lost this shit after what Murray did. So pathetic.
Like Reply
(01-25-2021, 11:02 PM)mtrot Wrote: his inability to score at the rim is unacceptable, imo. 

I think this is an overblown narrative. Does he blow some he should make? Hell yes. But he is shooting 60.9% from the field which is top 10 in the league. Him not finishing at the rim is not causing the offense to suck or something.
Like Reply
(01-25-2021, 11:02 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Did you see my comment in this thread? I thought he did a great job on the offensive end tonight. He hurt on defense early in the game (and then at the very end on Jokic) but otherwise he had one of his better games. Good on him! He was not at all the issue tonight, KP was much worse overall.

I saw you blaming him when he was -11 in the first half. Calling him a liability on both ends. I think yesterday you mentioned that all stats have pros and cons. That´s why I don´t understand why you are willing to die on the single game +/- hill.
Like Reply
(01-25-2021, 11:07 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I think this is an overblown narrative. Does he blow some he should make? Hell yes. But he is shooting 60.9% from the field which is top 10 in the league. Him not finishing at the rim is not causing the offense to suck or something.

While I agree that WCS on the whole makes his shots, there were at least 3 attempts tonight where he just got blocked from behind by a guard under the basket. That's 6 easy points that vanished because he brings the ball down and doesn't just go right up with it.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Nuggets made KP look soft out there!
Like Reply