Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: 76ers Believe They Have A Shot at PG13
(05-13-2024, 10:07 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Evan Sidery (@esidery)
The Spurs, who are expected to show interest in Trae Young if made available this offseason, now have an extremely enticing package to potentially offer the Hawks.

Armed with two lottery picks (Nos. 4 + 8), plus control of Atlanta’s drafts 2025-2027, San Antonio presents them a real opportunity to reset.

Young to San Antonio with Atlanta securing three lottery selections and control of their own picks again could be a major win-win for both organizations.

I'm not sure Trae Young is worth that.  I think it will be hard to be a contender with his defense on the floor, but I guess Victor gives them the best chance of it.
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • BigDirk41, From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(05-13-2024, 10:24 AM)mvossman Wrote: I'm not sure Trae Young is worth that.  I think it will be hard to be a contender with his defense on the floor, but I guess Victor gives them the best chance of it.

I’m trying to visualize Pop coaching Trae. Hard.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(05-13-2024, 10:24 AM)mvossman Wrote: I'm not sure Trae Young is worth that.  I think it will be hard to be a contender with his defense on the floor, but I guess Victor gives them the best chance of it.

I mean out of that deal, only 1 pick is the Spurs pick. #8 is TOR, the rest is trading the Hawks picks back to them.

Spurs would still be in fantastic position to build out the rest of the team with Young+Wemby+Vassell+Sochan. 

The one thing they're missing is a set up guard for Wemby. Young is one of the best ones in the league for that.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://www.nbcsports.com/nba/news/laker...ing-bronny

Quote:“The Lakers intend to have LeBron James come back on any term that he wants to, whether that be a one-year, two-year, three-year deal, whatever. They’d love to continue to have LeBron James in the purple and gold until he calls it quits, whenever that may be.”

Does this not sound a bit desperate...?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)
The Pelicans trading Brandon Ingram is considered inevitable, per @TheSteinLine

“League sources say that Ingram's exit is increasingly viewed by various league observers as an inevitability rather than possibility…A handful of Eastern Conference teams (Philadelphia, Cleveland, Atlanta and Orlando) have already been mentioned as potential trade suitors for Ingram.”
Like Reply
(05-13-2024, 11:59 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://www.nbcsports.com/nba/news/laker...ing-bronny

Does this not sound a bit desperate...?

Seems like they had the same attitude towards Kobe, in his twilight years.

Winning was secondary.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Mavs FO really need to get some of the "shite salaries" off the books next season... like THJ, Green... consistent bed-wetters who are getting paid more than they are worth or contribute. And I have not forgotten Dwight Powell too.

THJ - $16,193,183
Green - $12,654,321
Powell - $4,000,000

That's almost $33M worth of bed-wetting shite.

That money can go towards replacing them with Alex Caruso, one of Aaron Wiggins or Isaiah Joe, and Jericho Sims... while retaining DJJ of course.

I'm okay with Hardy and Exum getting one more season to show their mettle... and if they don't, then they will also go on this list.

Maxi Kleber also gets one more season to show he can stay healthy... or he will be going on the list too.

[Image: 1l9pss.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like RGP1981's post:
  • SleepingHero, SwisherPrice
Like Reply
THJ and Green are as good as gone. Worst-case, dump them for salary relief. Either keep Powell or Markieff as the bench cheerleader but NOT both! The other spot needs to go towards a big man with some 3-pt range for insurance when Kleber gets injured (and he will). There will be some options for cheap
[-] The following 2 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Lukedoncic
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 11:22 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: THJ and Green are as good as gone. Worst-case, dump them for salary relief. Either keep Powell or Markieff as the bench cheerleader but NOT both! The other spot needs to go towards a big man with some 3-pt range for insurance when Kleber gets injured (and he will). There will be some options for cheap

THJ is obviously gone. His minutes are drastically reduced, to the point where he’s not even able to provide what he can provide. That speaks volumes.

Green…I would’ve said you were crazy about that before this latest injury, but now, at the risk of succumbing to recency bias, I might be with you. HIS minutes aren’t high, either, especially now that his extension has kicked in.

The Mavs are DESPERATE right now for one of the THJ/Green/Exum committee to step up and claim their role, and none of them are seizing the opportunity. The cheap guy with half of a two-year minimum deal left, Exum, is probably safe, but those other two…
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, From Dirk to Luka, Lukedoncic
Like Reply
I hope OMax and Hardy can step up next year to replace THJ and Green, who could be cut loose in a deal that doesn’t bring back too much salary to position the Mavs to make an MLE type offer for DJJ. They need to keep him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • sterlingmallory
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 11:39 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: I hope OMax and Hardy can step up next year to replace THJ and Green, who could be cut loose in a deal that doesn’t bring back too much salary to position the Mavs to make an MLE type offer for DJJ.  They need to keep him.

I love that the team is in the 2nd round, up 3-2, very young, and there’s still O-Max and Hardy to hope for. It’s a good time to be a Mavs fan.
[-] The following 5 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin, michaeltex, rocky164, Scott41theMavs, sterlingmallory
Like Reply
The holes in this roster are:
- *SF/PF* DJJ upgrade (keep DJJ in backup role)
- *PF/C* Maxi upgrade (dump Maxi)
- *PG/SG* Exum upgrade (keep Exum in backup role)

Players who need to be gone:
- THJ (this isn't going to end well)
- Powell (only if not needed in 15th spot on bench or a trade)

Players who could be used as assets
- Expiring THJ
- Green (base year, probably doesn't make sense)
- Hardy (only if the deal is right)
- OMax (only if the deal is right)
- Powell
- Lawson
- Morris

13 man roster:
- Luka, *PG/SG*, Exum
- Kyrie, Green, Hardy
- *SF/PF*, DJJ, OMax
- PJ, *PF/C*
- Lively, Gafford

That's 13 man roster.  Ideas on the targets for the 3 spots?
- *PG/SG* - ???
- *SF/PF* - ???
- *PF/C* - ???
Like Reply
(05-16-2024, 02:11 AM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: That's 13 man roster.  Ideas on the targets for the 3 spots?
- *PG/SG* - ???
- *SF/PF* - ???
- *PF/C* - ???

My Dream:
PG/SG - D.Daniels or (pipe dream) A.Caruso
SF/PF - T.Eason or G.Jackson
PF/C - P.Achiuwa or (pipe dream) I.Hartenstein
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 09:05 PM)RGP1981 Wrote: Mavs FO really need to get some of the "shite salaries" off the books next season... like THJ, Green... consistent bed-wetters who are getting paid more than they are worth or contribute. And I have not forgotten Dwight Powell too.

THJ - $16,193,183
Green - $12,654,321
Powell - $4,000,000

That's almost $33M worth of bed-wetting shite.

That money can go towards replacing them with Alex Caruso, one of Aaron Wiggins or Isaiah Joe, and Jericho Sims... while retaining DJJ of course.

I'm okay with giving Hardy and Exum one more season to show their mettle... and if they don't, then they will also go on this list.

Mr Kleber gets 1 more season to show he can stay healthy... or he will be going on the list too.

[Image: 1l9pss.jpg]

Ok I liked this post solely because of your use of Mr. Jericho LOL
Like Reply
I think keeping DJJ should be a priority.  he fills a great need and i would leave him in the starting lineup.  

The main role i feel that has nobody to fill on the team is scoring 6th man guard.  If they could somehow get Collin Sexton on this team in that role, i think he could be similar to PJ in that he really finds his groove after being on bad teams.  He is a bucket getter that can shoot and defend so he can play with either Kyrie or Luka but also be the lead guard if they sit or are in foul trouble.

Other than that, they should look to draft the eventual Maxi replacement and invest heavily in Omax minutes next year.  Signing anyone else wouldn't make much sense since they have a young established starting lineup that have .
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs32's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Luka77
Like Reply
(05-16-2024, 02:11 AM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: The holes in this roster are:
- *SF/PF* DJJ upgrade (keep DJJ in backup role)
- *PF/C* Maxi upgrade (dump Maxi)
- *PG/SG* Exum upgrade (keep Exum in backup role)

Players who need to be gone:
- THJ (this isn't going to end well)
- Powell (only if not needed in 15th spot on bench or a trade)

Players who could be used as assets
- Expiring THJ
- Green (base year, probably doesn't make sense)
- Hardy (only if the deal is right)
- OMax (only if the deal is right)
- Powell
- Lawson
- Morris

13 man roster:
- Luka, *PG/SG*, Exum
- Kyrie, Green, Hardy
- *SF/PF*, DJJ, OMax
- PJ, *PF/C*
- Lively, Gafford

That's 13 man roster.  Ideas on the targets for the 3 spots?
- *PG/SG* - ???
- *SF/PF* - ???
- *PF/C* - ???

PG/SG-Anthony Simon's.  I think you need a bucket getter in this role to run the bench offense not someone like Caruso or Daniel's.  I trade THJ, Hardy, Powell and 25' first for this.  Simon's can eventually take over if their is any Kyrie slippage of play.
SF/PF-would love Eason but I think OMax and DJJ if he resigns take this role.  I don't think the Mavs have assests to trade for Eason esp. after trading for Simons.
PF/C-Jalen Smith.  The Mavs need a young Maxi replacement to run a 5 out offense and this is the only guy I think that could be available and cheap for the Mavs.
[-] The following 2 users Like Luka77's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin, Lukedoncic
Like Reply
@TheDunkCentral
The Minnesota Timberwolves are a potential landing spot for Darius Garland, per
@AmNotEvan

“A source shared with Right Down Euclid that a dark horse that could try to acquire him is the Minnesota Timberwolves. Since 2018, when Minnesota tried to trade up to select Garland in the 2018 NBA Draft, the Timberwolves have been fans of Garland’s game and need a succession plan for current starting veteran guard Mike Conley.”
Like Reply
(05-16-2024, 07:19 AM)Mavs32 Wrote: I think keeping DJJ should be a priority.  he fills a great need and i would leave him in the starting lineup.  

The main role i feel that has nobody to fill on the team is scoring 6th man guard.  If they could somehow get Collin Sexton on this team in that role, i think he could be similar to PJ in that he really finds his groove after being on bad teams.  He is a bucket getter that can shoot and defend so he can play with either Kyrie or Luka but also be the lead guard if they sit or are in foul trouble.

Other than that, they should look to draft the eventual Maxi replacement and invest heavily in Omax minutes next year.  Signing anyone else wouldn't make much sense since they have a young established starting lineup that have .

Agreed with you on DJJ. He has the size and athleticism to guard both SG and SF, which is invaluable next to Luka.

I prefer trying out Aaron Wiggins to Collin Sexton though. First, because Wiggins looks like he has the potential to be as impactful as PJW has been.... and second, because Sexton is too small to play alongside Kyrie. If you're looking for someone to play when Kyrie is not though, then Sexton could be it.
Like Reply
NBACentral
@TheDunkCentral
Donovan Mitchell grew frustrated with some teammates’ lack of maturity, focus, playoff-level readiness and a willingness to listen, per
@ChrisFedor

(Via http://bit.ly/3V0IMW1)
Like Reply
(05-16-2024, 07:19 AM)Mavs32 Wrote: Other than that, they should look to draft the eventual Maxi replacement and invest heavily in Omax minutes next year. 

Agreed, and tbh, I think O-Max might BE the Kleber replacement.
Like Reply