Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IND @ BOS, Easter Conference Finals, Game 1 Game Thread
Rest vs Rust. Boston will be better when KP is back. They’re the best team remaining but they didn’t play well tonight. Ultimately the 22 Pacers turnovers were too much to overcome. The refs didn’t help either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(05-21-2024, 09:53 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: If the refs allow it more physical teams like the Wolves/Mavs can bully the Celtics. Not impressed with their performance.

Neither am I, but like I said, I have avoided watching them this season, so I'm not sure if this was an average game for them, a good one, terrible one, or what. 

But yeah, they're not physical, and it seems like they have a ton of GOOD offensive players but lack one GREAT one. I get the sense they don't always know where their offense should come from as a result.
Like Reply
Pacers better hope this game doesn't come back to haunt them. It was there for them.
Like Reply
(05-21-2024, 09:56 PM)Smitty Wrote: Rest vs Rust. Boston will be better when KP is back. They’re the best team remaining but they didn’t play well tonight. Ultimately the 22 Pacers turnovers were too much to overcome. The refs didn’t help either.

On that note. I am afraid of tomorrows whistle. New poster boy of the NBA with homecourt advantage...
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft, rocky164, Smitty
Like Reply
(05-21-2024, 09:57 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Pacers better hope this game doesn't come back to haunt them. It was there for them.

How could it not, though?

INSANE to let this one go.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(05-21-2024, 09:59 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: On that note. I am afraid of tomorrows whistle. New poster boy of the NBA with homecourt advantage...

I'm afraid of tomorrow's game in general. THIS ONE had me over my anxiety comfort level and I don't even really care who wins!
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, Smitty
Like Reply
(05-21-2024, 09:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Neither am I, but like I said, I have avoided watching them this season, so I'm not sure if this was an average game for them, a good one, terrible one, or what. 

But yeah, they're not physical, and it seems like they have a ton of GOOD offensive players but lack one GREAT one. I get the sense they don't always know where their offense should come from as a result.

Average. Below average 3-point shooting. But the friendly whistle made up for it.
Like Reply
10 FT vs 30 FT is quite the disparity. I think it was 6 vs 28 before the end of OT foul fest.
Like Reply
(05-21-2024, 10:00 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'm afraid of tomorrow's game in general. THIS ONE had me over my anxiety comfort level and I don't even really care who wins!

No expectations for tomorrow. Mavs haven't won game one of a playoff series in the Kidd era.
Like Reply
(05-21-2024, 10:03 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: No expectations for tomorrow. Mavs haven't won game one of a playoff series in the Kidd era.

There's a 1st time for everything.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(05-21-2024, 10:03 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: No expectations for tomorrow. Mavs haven't won game one of a playoff series in the Kidd era.

I'm going to guess that won't keep this place from becoming a "the sky is falling" drag, complete with plenty of "Kyrie is the worst player on the floor" in the game thread. 

I wish we could ban people for bad basketball takes, but alas, I don't make the rules.
Like Reply
(05-21-2024, 10:12 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I wish we could ban people for bad basketball takes, but alas, I don't make the rules.

There wouldn’t be many left standing…
Like Reply
(05-21-2024, 10:15 PM)Smitty Wrote: There wouldn’t be many left standing…

But the conversations would be EPIC
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
Not a fan of having Nembhard, probably their quickest player, inbounding the ball on that turnover. And they had an timeout! All they had to do was inbound the ball, up 3! And it’s game over. And there were other terrible turnovers and shots down the stretch for the Pacers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(05-21-2024, 09:59 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: On that note. I am afraid of tomorrows whistle. New poster boy of the NBA with homecourt advantage...

I laughed when with 6 and a half minutes to go in game 7 the announcer (Eagle, Breen?) yelled “Anthony Edwards starting to catch fire.!” He had 13 points at that point. In Game 7. And they interviewed him after the game. He shot like 6-24. They so want a non- Euro. Jokic, Giannis, Luka, Embiid, Wemby. Even SGA is technically Canadian.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(05-21-2024, 10:12 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I wish we could ban people for bad basketball takes, but alas, I don't make the rules.

That hurts, pal. I'm trying.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

New poster boy, meet DJJ and the Mavs defense.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
So, will the WCF blood bath harden the winner and prepare them to overwhelm the ECF winner with superior, battle tested physicality and toughness, or will it sap the remaining energy out of them so that the Celtics, rested from a month+ of pillow fights, can prevail with better health and restedness?
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
The East is so bad. Celtics wouldn’t win a series in the west
Like Reply
Poor Indiana. Got Tony Brothers'd

Good news for game 1 tonight, though. I'm assuming we don't have Tony Brothers
Like Reply