Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Seasoned Veteran Porzingis Outplay Rookie Lively?
(06-08-2024, 05:48 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I agree with some of this, but you're forgetting that KP is a much better shooter than Lively. KP can make shots from the elbow, from 3, and he can put it on the floor to drive to the hoop. Lively is dependent on someone else setting him up for dives and lobs to the rim. Same with Gafford. Neither can create they're own shot. KP can. Dallas has to find a way to get them involved if Boston keeps taking away the corner 3's. I'm sure Kidd will come up with a new wrinkle.

He's a better shooter but he's inconsistent. He'll have a game like this and come out and play like crap. That's his MO. Used to frustrate me in Dallas because he would have a lights out game then disappear for a week. He would put the ball on the floor and his dribble is so long it was easy to steal.

They need to get Gafford and Lively moving more on offense without the ball. Make KP either chase them in Lively's case or get bumped around by Gafford.

They need to also work on getting switches so that PJ is in the corner for the 3. Having him up at the top of the key for the 3 is not going to work.

Getting Luka and Ky touching the paint several times early in the game will start forcing a double by Boston to open up players on the outside. Those 2 have to touch the paint.
Legler: "If Luka wins this year, against a healthy Celtics team, at his age, the league is in trouble."
[-] The following 1 user Likes audiosway's post:
  • RGP1981
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Seasoned Veteran Porzingis Outplay Rookie Lively? - by audiosway - 06-09-2024, 02:34 AM